Feedback on my Shopify Store

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

My Shopify Store is: themaxpetboutique.com.  I have been live about 2 weeks. Have only gotten 4 orders. Please check it out and give me some feedback to improve. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

Thank You!!!

Debo

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Debo !

I will list some of my idea to help you improve your store :

Remove the black hover of the button, it will decrease the readable of your button ( image )

Over all, the contract of your site is quite low : The blue background and the purple headline are not good combination. My recommendation is change your background to white and the headline to black. ( image )

Add countdown timer to sale product to increase FOMO effect

I don't think the way you down the line ( image ) is the right way to present the info. Let's keep it short by make 1 bullet item per row or use accordion instead

Show some testimonial / social proof is the good way to warranty your product quality and increase conversion rate

Invest more content to your product page ( image + description / video.. ) to make it more interesting, no one like to read a bunch of text

Hope you find my advice helpful. Best of luck to your business !

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey The Max Pet Boutique,

Getting four orders within two weeks of site launching is itself a good sign of site progress. However, you need to take care of certain things mentioned below as follows:

1. Rearrangement of the main menu elements would be in the following order: Home, Store, About and Contact.
  2. The "Terms and Conditions" should also be a part of the site footer links apart from being present on the checkout page for ease of customer notice and attention.
  3. "Pet sizing chart" need not be described fully in the lower half of the homepage.Instead, it can be present as a footer link along with other terms and conditions.
  4. The "pet sizing chart" space can be utilized for adding "Instagram images", essential for better brand promotion.
  5. Newsletter and social links if placed in the footer can make it look even more well-organized.
  6. Place footer links to the left, newsletter to the right and social links below both of them in the site footer.
  7. Logo is quite large. Reduce its size to prevent it from looking awkward.
  8. Utilizing the "header template" to display attractive discounts or free shipping offers would be more desirable.
  9. "New Arrivals" are the crux of every site homepage. Add them to keep customers informed regarding the latest store trends and designs.
  10. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  11. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Wish the store gets modified and starts climbing the ladder of success very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Hello!

Could I hire you to do those things? In the beginning, I hired one of the "expensive experts" to set up my store and I was very disappointed. I really need help with these details. 

Thank you so much!

The Max Boutique

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
277 13 54

This is an accepted solution.

Hi,  

I have gone through your site. Though it looks good, there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.

Logo & Favicon :

Logo & Favicon -- Your logo should highlight your brand name. Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily.

HEADER & FOOTER :

1. Header -- Have a sticky header and a clear smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.
  2. Footer -- Optimize your footer with more professional and functional look and also highlight your newsletter sign up so people who follow your brand will receive more updates about promotions and sales. There are legal policy pages which are missing in the footer that must be included for authenticity and security purpose

HOMEPAGE :

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive.

1. Banners & Branding -- Add hero banner with prompt CTA buttons that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc
  2. Color, Font & Branding -- Over All Text, Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc should be more elegant so that your store looks well-organized, neat and visually appealing. Maintain the same or similar colors and fonts throughout your store to keep your  branding intact 
  3. Featured Collection -- Add all the top featured collection on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  4. Featured / Bestseller products -- Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store                                     
  5. Testimonials -- They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them more sure about your brand.
  6. Highlight your USP -- What's unique about your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  7. Trust Badge on Home Page -- This is important as this helps to build trust and assures your customers that your brand is authentic

COLLECTION PAGE :

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer.

1. Banner adding on Collection page -- Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners
  2. Product filter for easy navigation -- Categorize & filter products by their size, color or type so users find product to product navigation easy.
  3. Product Label -- Product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’ must be there must be there for the ease of the buyer
  4. Product Showcasing -- Clear product title and description , high quality images , reviews , related products , color swatch function, grey effect for sold out products , product labels . All these features make your store much more convenient, authentic, easy to use and user friendly.
    Example of Good Collection Page

PRODUCT PAGE :

1. Features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions and  cart drawer that will make your product page more interactive and user-friendly.
  2. You Can Add Sticky Add to cart / Buy Now Bar on Your Product Page : Demo Example

This floating bar on the product page makes it impossible for your customers to miss checkout with the always visible Sticky Add to Cart Bar. Here the user can quickly select the variants, sizes and quantities for their order and checkout directly. You can use this app Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster
    Example of Good Product Page

CART PAGE :

1. Sticky Buy now or add to cart button ,Sticky cart -- A Sticky Cart feature or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  2. Functionality Of Cart Page -- Discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.  for personalizing your customer's shopping experience on the cart page. You to try our all-in-one app, Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster

Example of Good Cart Page

INTEGRATIONS :

1. Social Media Link -- Include links to your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or any other social media business pages.
  2. Proper integration of Google Analytics, Facebook store, Instagram store, google search console -- These features will help you track and analyze how customers interact with your store.
  3. Proper setup shipping, taxes -- Set up shipping and taxes options for different areas/countries or for particular products.
  4. Google shopping -- Let your users easily discover & buy your products with Google smart shopping marketing campaigns.

App Integration :

Try This App - Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster .
11-in-1 App to Maximize your Sales and Conversion

1. Sticky Add to Cart Bar and Buy Now Button
  2. Sticky Checkout Bar
  3. Sticky Cart Icon
  4. Quick Buy Button
  5. Free Shipping Bar
  6. I Agree to the Terms and Conditions Checkbox
  7. Gift Wrapping
  8. Delivery Date Picker
  9. How Did You Know About Us
  10. Additional Cart Notes
  11. Trust Badges

Please check our fully functional Demo Store

Hope these suggestions are useful for you. Wish you many more sales in the future. If you have any queries, do let me know here.

Good luck!

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Debo,

Regarding your question, we do provide Shopify services. If interested, feel free to respond. I will share the package details with you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 0

Hello! I appreciate all the feedback on my store, The Max Pet Boutique. I am apprehensive about hiring a Shopify Expert.  I had an expensive, disappointing experience with the one who set the site up, as you can see on my store. Very slow communication. Did not even complete the set up.  Obviously I need help with my site to succeed. I am very frustrated at this point. All my money is going out and nothing coming in. Please give a quote for fixing my website.

Thank you,

Debbie Tisdale

The Max Pet boutique

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
48 2 7

Hi @Debo 

Hope you are doing good !!!

There are a couple of things on your store, which I think can be resolved by the experts. I am mentioning each and every issue, please look into them:-

Header :

1)Logo- Logo should be smaller, it should be on transparent background, the background of the header should be in white colour, alignment should be on the left side. Refer the screenshot https://prnt.sc/rbvg6l

Also on Mobile, it is not responsive it is coming out of frame https://prnt.sc/rbxlev

2)Menu- Since you are selling multiple products in a different collection, so you should have different categories in order to show the depth, currently there is only store menu, the store looks ok but under the store, you can list categories like pet feeder,  pet clothes, pet accessories etc.  Your products have lot of scopes. Refer the screenshot: https://prnt.sc/rbwe1w

3)Font- Font should be light-weighted, you have only used bold font on your store, it needs to be updated.

Body Portion:

1)Slider: Sliders or banners are the most important part of any website, it basically defines the soul of the entire website, subject which you are targetting through your entire website, they should be clear and look professional and lighter background. Shop Now button looks fine but the background could have been more clear.

2)Popular Categories- After slider, you can list popular categories, before building any website it is mandatory that we take the reference of top companies eBay and Amazon, we can use their concepts. There are having Data Analysts, working along with them with regards to users engagement that this portion would be having this much impact. You can look at how eBay is listing their categories, refer the following screenshot https://prnt.sc/rbx6za

3)Deals- Below categories, if you want to list the deals, normally in eCommerce industry deals play an important, below categories you can list deals of the week or deals of the day, simply timer can be added at that position.

4)Featured Collection- After that, you can list your featured collections so that by looking at the products at the home page, he has the clear idea related to products available in the website, he would be fully aware related to that.

Footer:

Footer need to be simple, you should have important quick links like About Us, Contact Us, Privacy Policy, Terms and Condition, above footer you can give the section to add Newsletter subscription where you can give offer like subscribe newsletter to get 10% off on Next Order. 

Collection Page:

Collection page should be simple, you can add wishlist option to give the option to your user to add their favourite products into the wishlist. Rest your pages should be on white background, currently, it is the blue background which does not look professional at all. 

Products Page:

The product page should be on lighter background, clear images should be there. Also, you can add option regarding wishlist and review to provide the better interface.

Cart Page 

Cart page should have a logo at the centre, it should also be on the white background.

We are already working on the pet store, I am sharing the preview URL to you, please check that https://ccrxslejcz7l1lux-28135817351.shopifypreview.com/

you will get a good reference from there, we have the team of experts web as well as graphic designers to tackle each and every condition.

You can also reach me via email, my email id is arpansrivastava@cedcommerce.com, we can have the detailed discussion and plan for the revamping of your store so that you can earn the sales as well as a visitor on your store.

Arpan Srivastava
Store Analyst

Skype id-live:danbakker_2

Want to Increase your Sales on Shopify?
Now do connect with me on group also https://www.facebook.com/groups/Shopifysellershub/

Shopify Expert
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1051 53 157

Hello @Debo, here is the feedback:-

1. The logo looks too big. It should be of normal size so that the banner image can be seen in the first fold of the homepage. You need to make the footer menu more professional. 

2. Display collection on the homepage and give product recommendations by personalizing the customers' browsing experience.

3. Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.

4. Also, add a web push notification. It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It can be sent even when customers are not on your store and bring back the losing customer to your store. You can also send an abandoned cart push notification, it helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

5. You can start giving Loyalty Points and Rewards to WOW your customers. This will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value by giving points and rewards that give customers more reasons to return to your store.

To implement the marketing tools on your store. I would recommend you to install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes