Feedback on my Shopify website

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi, 

I am Michael. I really need feedback on my Shopify website. Here is the link: https://catshopp.com/

I would also appreciate any tips on how I can generate traffic. So far I was not able to make a single sale. 

Thank you in advance!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1177 58 350

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Your store looks very inviting and I like the products selection.

Consider optimizing your hero image further - you can sho on of your products here to engage with your visitors and show them what you're offering from the get-go:

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 06.10.51.png

This way people will see right away what kind of products to expect, which will help you improve your conversion rate [sales].

Consider also adding a short tagline and a CTA [call to action] to the image and link it to a relevant product or collection - you don’t prompt your visitors to click anywhere, so there’s no urgency for them to take action: click + shop. Adding a CTA button can definitely help you improve your conversion rate.

Make sure to add trust signals as well: Contact us page, Shipping and Returns policy and About us page. These can also help you improve your conversion rate. Many online shoppers often look for this info before placing an order, to find out if you ship worldwide, how long is the delivery, or who’s behind the brand, so having these pages easy to find can also help you boost your conversion rate.

I also recommend renaming “Products” to “Shop” in the top menu. It will create urgency and give an indirect order to shoppers, inviting them to take action [positive tone of voice]. The best performing shops design their customer journey [sales funnel] across the pages with clear CTAs - from the homepage, through collections to the checkout - so showing people where to click and how to browse your website to complete the purchase will put your customers at ease and improve your conversion rate.

The Instagram link in the footer connects to an error page, so make sure to update this link:

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 06.15.05.png

Your SEO score is 45/100

Your meta title and description [Google snippet] is not defined yet:

Screen Shot 2020-04-29 at 06.16.17.png

It means your website will have generic info displayed in the search results, which might not give you the best chance to stand out in the search results. Having a catchy Google snippet can help you connect with more people in Google and drive free and organic traffic, so make sure to optimize these values.

Google snippet is displayed in the search results and is often the first element people see when they find you in Google. Make sure to optimize it to get people’s attention with the right CTA and prompt them to click your listing and your competitors.

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1769 111 320

Dear catshopp,

Congratulation for your store.

catshop.png

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

Header -- Have a sticky header and a clear smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.   Example of Good Header

Footer -- Optimize your footer with more professional and functional look and also highlight your newsletter sign up so people who follow your brand will receive more updates about promotions and sales. There are legal policy pages which are missing in the footer that must be included for authenticity and security purpose.

Home Page -

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Add prompt CTA buttons with a hero banner that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc. Below the hero banner, create categories for all your products in a slider that engages customers. Example of Nice Home page

Your Unique value proposition should be highlighted on your homepage. Add testimonial carousels, announcement bars, product slideshows and make your homepage SEO friendly to increase your site traffic and conversions. 

Collection Page -

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer. 

Make sure this page has a creative banner to enhance the visual appeal of your store, product reviews of all the products in your store, infinite scrolling to increase page views. announcement bars for highlighting promotions, events, deals and product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’, etc. Example of Good Collection Page

Product Page -

Add interactive and user-friendly features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions, cart drawer and a sticky cart with a sticky add to cart and buy now button. Example of Ideal Product Page

Cart Page -

Maybe offering gift wrapping on your cart page, allowing your customers to choose their preferred delivery date and time, include security trust badges and add notes like special delivery and packaging instructions can make them trust and love your brand way more. 

This page is the final step before your customers check out from your store so it should be as impressive as any other page on your store. 

Besides these tracking methods, make sure the following is included on your store:

1. Include live chat option that is visible on every page of your store to keep your customers happy and retain them. 
  2. There needs to be a strong colour coordination among all the colours used on your store. Try to use the same or similar colours used in your logo throughout your store and in the social media business page banner or cover picture you create.
  3. Create a sense of urgency with countdown timer, ‘only 1 left’ features  and promotional banners highlighting ‘sale expiry’.
  4. Optimize your user experience with easy navigation, proper spacing, alignment, font and colour coordination.
  5. Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust
  6. Trust badges should be on the home page like 100% Authentic products, Easy return, etc
  7. You need to write small writeup about you and your business, i mean personal touch so that you can connect your audience
  8. Product page layout needs to improve
  9. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
  10. Update your site with all the policy documents -- the privacy policy, FAQ, terms and conditions, return and shipping policy templates and have a separate blog page.  Sample
  11. Need to do some basic seo.
  12. Add a Blog section - it will be helpful for seo
  13. "Page not found" error showing for instagram profile

If you need help please contact us at https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Cat Shopp,
"Hero banner really looks quite adorable".But, you need to put in a little more effort to make your store work well. Following are my suggestions to be followed:

• "Starting a referral program, identifying connectors, creating eye-catching displays in your store, speeding up the shopping experience, offering a complimentary product" are some of the ways to drive store traffic steadily.
  • Include "prompt CTA buttons like Shop Now" to the "hero banner" of your store that syncs well with your store theme & branding.
  • Lure your customers by including info like "free shipping and promotional offers/deals like 10% off on the next order" etc in the hero banner.
  • Add a favicon to enhance the user experience and facilitate easy site identification".
  • "Customer reviews are the mark of true customer faith and belief". Hence, they should be a part of both your homepage and product page for sure.
  • Yotpo is an amazing assistant tool with the most advanced solutions for customer reviews, visual marketing, loyalty, and referrals.
  •  Instagram boasts over 1 billion active users, 500 million of whom use Stories every day making it an effective source of store advertising. Apart from it, other social links like "Facebook, Twitter and Linked in" should also be included to the site footer as they too contribute to brand promotion.
  •  For SEO purposes, Terms and Conditions like "Refund, Shipping, Privacy policy and Terms Of Service" page should be added to the site footer.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

May the store receive its first sale very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
95 5 21

Hi @catshopp  ,

Congratulations on your new store!

Here are some suggestions that you can consider :

1. Favicon should be added as it makes your website identical.

2. You can add customer testimonials to increase trust among shoppers.

3. Add more social media pages links.

4. Instagram feed could be added for better brand promotions.

5. You may want to think about adding product reviews. Reviews are essential for any eCommerce store as it helps sell more and creates immediate trust with shoppers. Be sure to check out our review app. 

You can read more about our app here. And also see some of our display widgets in action on our demo site.

I hope above points helps drive you more sales :)

Kind regards,

Yusuf | HelpfulCrowd Product Review App and Q&A

Turning More Shoppers Into Customers

0 Likes