Feedback on my Store Needed

Tourist
6 0 0

Hi, everyone! 

I'm looking for feedback on my store - www.invasiontcg.com. It's a store that's there to promote and make sales for a new trading card game that I run.

I've spent a fair bit of time trying to get everything looking how I'd like it to, and have made a couple of sales, though most of the business' sales are offline at gaming expos. The time put into the website pre-full launch has been about getting it to a good 'level' before throwing advertising budget at it, and now I think we're at a good place to get outside feedback before moving to paid traffic. 

I'm open to being wrong on all fronts on how I've got the site set up, and very much open to feedback! 

Thanks;

Dave

0 Likes

Hi Dave 

I just went through your checkout and there is heaps of countries you aren't selling to. I use to have a well known Australian sports trading card business and the one thing that shocked me is I sold to over 20 different countries. It's worth setting it all up to ship to all countries. Only problem is its a nightmare to work out the posted if you ship some items in padded mailers and some as parcels. Happy to give you some tips on setting that up. 

As for the website you have done a pretty good job. I'd add some youtube videos of people playing the game. 

I'd also build out a great about us page. I've had countless people relate to my story and buy my products. Even had 10 different people stop me in the street to say high one new years eve. Crazy to think about the power of the internet. 

I'll send you over a email with some tips that could help you out. 

Keep up the good work. I'm sure everything is going to work out. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

1 Like
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey, Clayton

I've just shot you an email back - thanks so much for all the information and advice! 

Thanks;

Dave

0 Likes

@davescott90 wrote:

Hey, Clayton

I've just shot you an email back - thanks so much for all the information and advice! 

Thanks;

Dave

No dramas mate just replied. Been caught up finishing of some projects. 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
220 25 48

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. You've done a great job on the site, and your product looks super! I have some suggestions based on my own experience on the site that you could take into consideration. 

- Your banner is exciting and the artwork is fantastic. However, the text that is overlaying it a bit out of place. Is this really the correct first impression and statement you want to make to your customers? This is definitely something that you should include directly underneath as you have done, with some amazing images of the game being played, but I really think your opening banner statement should be focused on your product and its lore and why it's exciting. While experienced TCG players will totally understand terms like vanilla creatures, mana screw/flood etc., you should likely try to cater to everyone who visits your site and get them excited about the product, which may include a lot of beginners. 

- The Example Game needs to be brought more to the forefront. Have you considered creating a section that screams WATCH US PLAY INVASION! It's the first thing I looked for and was surprised it was nestled away like that. 

This is a type of business that will really benefit from having more product, and you'll find the site will flesh itself out as you introduce new releases, attend more events, host more matches, etc. For what content you have, you've done a great job. I would like to see more interactive content, more artwork and more lore for the game but I understand that this is the first iteration of the game. 

I'm excited to see where it will go from here! How are you planning to market the business to TCG players? There is no shortage of TCG influencers out there that you could potentially leverage to test your product and review it, have you considered this approach? I suggest this because it's a ready-made market of TCG players, which even with the most targeted keyword marketing strategy you would struggle to access as easily. 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
67 3 22

Hey @davescott90,

You've done a great job designing your store for its initial launch.  All the pieces are there for you to figure out what's working / what's not working once you start driving traffic to your site.  

I play a fair amount of Hearthstone, so excited to see a no-mana TCG.  Good luck with your store and definitely reach out if you have any questions about converting your traffic after you launch!

Best,

Entaice

Want to make your store sell? Try Entaice: Explore
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
403 21 82

Hi @davescott90 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

An important thing I couldn't find is a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Another thing you might want to add is a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

After carefully reviewing I don't see an always visible buy button. The buy button is probably the most important button in your entire store and you need to make sure that your customer can always easily find it. If your customer needs to scroll all they waaay back up after reading your descriptions, they are more likely not to buy from you. A lot of people are very busy, and every extra step that you add is another reason why they might not want to buy from you. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales . It can help you make sure your buy button is always within a thumbs reach for your customer.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

By the way, I created an email course at https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course (I'm not selling anything) that might help you optimize your store.

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes
Trailblazer
661 40 153

It seems you have worked quite a lot, as store is amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at it place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a

lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

2. For some sales in the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. Also, You have around 42 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for you visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also your search page is bit off and empty https://invasiontcg.com/search?q= . Don't you think if suggestions are offered to searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

4. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey, @Cal

Thanks so much for the detailed feedback - much appreciated! 

• Totally agreed on the banner text needing to be more lore-based with space underneath focused on the USPs of the game. I've made that change straight away. 
  • I'm recording a new video on Friday that will feature updated gameplay (the previous one has the original art demo cards) and that'll mean a new 'example game' page and a feature on the homepage too. 100% agree that I should feature that more. 
  • I'm working on putting together a list of TCG influencers this week and will be figuring out how to best approach each of them in due course. Another 'agree' from me on this suggestion! 

Again, thanks for your feedback - I really appreciate it! 

^Dave

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 0

Hey, @Entaice 

Really appreciate the feedback - thanks! I play a fair bit of Hearthstone as well! 

Could you drop me an email, please? Would love to have a chat about the game side of things, and touch base ahead of focusing on increasing conversion rates post-targeting traffic. My email address is hello@invasiontcg.com. 

Thanks;

Dave

0 Likes