Feedback on my Store Please!

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hey Everyone,

Lint to Store:

Selfcare Mondays 

I am a Shopify Newbie and I have a selfcare dropship store that I have just created. I am still doing a lot of editing. I still have to add descriptions to products, which I might get some help from a freelancer on Fiverr for that, I got in over my head an added products not considering the amount of time adding in descriptions would take. I also need to add my about details section.  I am doing everything myself at the moment so I really need fresh eyes to help me make any improvements. All constructive feedback is appreciated! :-) 

I would also like to know any marketing tips, resources that you all have.

Thank you in advance for your feedback! 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Selfcaremaven 

Few suggestions 

Product Description 

As for product descriptions I think its not worth paying someone on Fiverr. At the end of the day they're just going to copy paste it. I would do it if someone is going to write a original description that they don't use on other websites.

Product Page

As for having to many products. You could hide most of them and just work on 24 products. Get them looking awesome than add more as you go. The product page is very important for conversions. 

About Page 

When you build this out make sure you have 3 to 4 paragraphs and 1-2 images. Just remember the about page isn't all about you. Try to connect with the reader. Make and build a relationship with them. 

Marketing 

As for marketing it really depends what direction you want to go in. 

SEO: Maggie from @Rockpapercopy is awesome. 

Facebook Ads: I know few people that are awesome at this. Reach out and I'll send them your details

Organic Marketing: I've had lots of success here if you want some tips reach out. 

On your website I seen a lot of products on sale. I wouldn't have so many items on sale. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1208 60 359

Thanks for the recommendation 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Hey Selfcaremondays,

The store really looks fabulous and eye-catching with some improvements to make. Changes may surely help in attracting customers and making it a perfect store.

1. Real-time personalization, being aware of slow-selling items and using opt-in pop-up offers to convert users can help increase conversions.
  2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.
  3. Add some more social links for better connectivity.
  4. Please add some blogs for better clarity.
  5. Also, You have ample of products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://selfcaremondays.co/search?q=. Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
  6. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

7. Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Clayton,

Thank you so much for the awesome detailed feedback! 

The tip on hiding some products and working on the others actually makes perfect sense. I am going to do that instead of hiring a Fiverr freelancer. 

Also you mentioned not showing everything in Sale. I can not for the life of me figure out how to just have some things on sale and not others. I may have to read up on my Theme's page to see if I can figure that out. I really only wanted certain things to show as sale items. 

But thanks again for your feedback! 

I would definitely be interested in the finding out about Facebook Ads for marketing. I tried to figure it out on my own and cannot seem to full comprehend the best way to convert visitors into sales. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Neha,

Whoa! Very insightful feedback! I didn't really think much about the search bar. I will look into that! A blog was definitely something I planned to add in the next few weeks. I just wanted to get the overall store up and running. I'm in a mode of "getting it out there before I talk myself out of it" So I will definitely add the blog soon. 

Thank you for the suggestion on Sales Pop. I meant to add it in So I will do that today!

I really appreciate the feedback. And will get to work adding in some of your suggestions.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 124 434

Thank you for your kind words.Pleased to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes