Feedback on my Store

Solved
Tourist
11 0 0
www.catbou.online

Am not getting anywhere and am so confused. Please give feed back on my store www.catbou.online
I haven’t made any sale since open almost 3months now. All suggestions are welcome. Thank you.
0 Likes

Success.

Excursionist
19 2 3

The store itself looks fine, but how are you driving traffic to it? How many daily visitors do you get?

The "Home" link in the top navigation menu seems to be broken, it leads to a specific product instead of the home page.

I would shorten the text in the top box on the front page and add a few more high-quality sports related pictures. Maybe you can introduce categories (e.g. sports wear, accessories, etc.) to give the site a bit more structure? But this may make more sense once you've got more products on the site, at the moment not having categories may be ok.

1 Like

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hey, @CatBou!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Congratulations on your store, you have done a great job. 3 months can sound like a long time but it can take a while to get traffic to your store. What marketing techniques are you using at the moment? Where are you advertising? Are you noticing much traffic to your store?

The first thing that I always look at with new stores are the product descriptions. While your products are well curated you could definitely work on the descriptions. Anyone who is familiar with AliExpress or Oberlo will spot your descriptions right away and they will know that they can get the products cheaper elsewhere with some googling. With online stores, there are no sales representatives and so the products literally need to speak for themselves. Instead of listing your products' specs in your current format you should try writing descriptions that persuade the customer to buy the item. Why do they need these products? How will it make their life better? I recommend taking a look at Oberlo's guide on writing a product description that sells here. This will also help you improve your SEO which will bring more traffic to your store organically.

I noticed that you have an About Us page in your footer, however, it does not link to another page. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. It is the perfect place to highlight a number of objectives such as:

-  Communicate the story of your business and why you started it.
-  Describe the customers or the cause that your business serves.
-  Explain your business model or how your products are made.
-  Put a face to your business, featuring the founders, or, the people on your team.

In short, your online store displays your products available and your "About Us" page should be telling your customer why they should buy from you! 

With your collections, you have three. 'Fitness products men', 'Fitness products women' and 'Recommended products'. Firstly the collection image on the two first collections are the same, I would change one of them to make it stand out. We have a helpful guide on this in our help centre here so be sure to take a look. Another thing I noticed was in your 'recommended products' collection, there are other products that would be suitable for the 'fitness products women' collection. For example the 'Mesh Women Calf Length legging with pocket'. This should feature in the women's collection also?. I think in all your collections need some work. I would categorize them more carefully to explain what they are instead of making gender-specific, something like "Sports Bra's" or "Fitness tops" would be better in my opinion. Take a look at these successful Shopify stores for some inspiration that may help.

Another thing I noticed was you have no links in your footer for return/refund, contact us, FAQ, or shipping policy. These are very important pages and help generate trust for the customer. Shopify can help generate these templates for you, however, you are responsible for following your published policies. Review your policies carefully before adding them! This page in our help centre goes through all the steps on this and how to add them to your footer.

Marketing is the most important part of an online store once the groundwork has been done. I know it can be confusing, especially if you're new to selling. You might think that marketing is too complicated or expensive to work for your business. Either way, making a marketing plan is crucial for your business to succeed. You will probably use several tactics to attract and keep customers. Each of these tactics is a part of your marketing strategy, and your marketing plan outlines how and when you use them. Your marketing plan helps you make decisions about who you are trying to reach, what you want to say, and how to get the word out. Understanding your marketing goals can make it easier for you to find the marketing tactics that are right for your store in different parts of your selling cycle. We have put this guide together for merchants to help make marketing easier, check it out here and let me know if you have any questions at all. 

Don't forget we also have a Shopify Academy that features short free courses on various topics like 'SEO Training for Beginners' and 'Grow your Business with Instagram', these have helped our merchants massively and give some excellent tips and tricks. You can enrol at any time here

I hope this helps, let me know how it goes and let me know if you have any further questions at all. I am happy to help in any way that I can! 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Tourist
11 0 0
Thank you so much for detailed explanation I really appreciate it and I will be working on all these to improve my store. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 0
Thank you for your feedback I really appreciate it, I will work on these to improve my store. Thanks again.
0 Likes
Tourist
11 0 0

@Lulu5 i have done changes to my store www.catbou.online , if you have time could you please have a look at my store and give feedbacks if you can.

Also i tried adding return/refund, contact us, FAQ, or shipping policy on Footer by following the link you provided but i could not add it , but it automatically got added to the checkout page will that be ok?

Thank you for you help.

@CatBou wrote:
Thank you so much for detailed explanation I really appreciate it and I will be working on all these to improve my store. Thanks again.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
236 28 41

Hi, @CatBou.

I still can't see an About us page on your store, as I explained in my previous message it is a very important tool and tells the story about why you started the store and why you chose these products to sell. You need to use the 'About Us' page to show customers why they should buy from you and why they should trust you. 

I would still add your products into collections so that they are neater and simpler. We have a whole help guide here to help you sort your products into collections. Regarding the legal pages, it is great you added them and they are at your checkout but most customers want to be aware of them before checking out. I would still add them to your footer as this helps generate trust for the customers too. Once you have created the pages, it is simple to add them to your footer. Just click 'Online store' > 'Navigation' > 'Footer' and add them in there. This help guide goes over adding links to your navigation so be sure to check it out. 

I hope that helps and I would work hard on achieving these basic requirements as they will set the groundwork for your store. 

Best of luck,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like