Feedback on my Store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi All I am new to Shopify and wondered if I could get some feedback on my store I am running ads but im either not getting views or sales. So I was just looking for any critism.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
509 14 118

Hey, Richard!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify.

I think your store is beautiful! I love your art and you've done a great job with the website as well, it looks both professional and attractive.

There isn't much I'd change about the site itself but there are a couple of small issues I would fix.

You're using two different Refund Policies. Your main menu links to the standard Shopify template. Your footer links to your own custom policy which is way better.

I would remove the email address from your Contact Page and just let people email you using the form. Bots have been known to scan websites for email addresses they can spam. It's easier for customers to email you with the form anyway, they don't need to open up their email account.

Your Twitter link on your footer is broken so I'd fix that.

As for your sales, what sort of things have you been doing to market your business and drive traffic to your store? Ideally, you should be looking to drive at least 1000 visitors to your store per month when you're starting out. A good conversion rate is considered about 2 - 4%. This means 1000 visitors should ideally bring you between 20 and 40 sales.

The tricky part is identifying the correct target market. This article talks about how to do that for art, specifically. This Shopify blog post talks more about that. Most likely, this will be trial and error for a while.

When you've established exactly who you're trying to target, you also need to figure out how you will reach them. You can of course use paid advertising on Facebook, Instagram, Google and Bing but there are other more cost-effective methods. Here are a few:

• Reach out to parent bloggers and offer them a free print in exchange for featuring you in a post. This can work with Instagram micro-influencers as well.
  • Consider starting an affiliate program to encourage influencers to post more often.
  • Give away a free digital download of one exclusive art print to grow your email list. You can advertise the giveaway on Social Media and encourage people to share the link to the free gift with their friends. The Digital Downloads app is free and will allow you to 'sell' digital products. There is also a free email marketing course on Shopify Academy.
  • Think about starting a blog on your store which will give people another reason to visit and in turn boost your SEO (Search Engine Optimization).

What other ideas have you come up with on your own? I'd love to discuss this further with you and help you come up with a solid marketing plan.

I can't wait to see you make a success of this business!

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1002 59 218

Hey Richarddarani,

Traffic and sales both depend very deeply on store optimization. So, your store needs some necessary changes to impress the users completely. Following pointers need to be taken care of:

1. The logo looks a little clumsy with a lot of text, Kindly make it short and precise.
  2. Create a seperate sales section for all discounted items.
  3. Add a detailed product description along with more images as it is missing in some products.
  4. Customer reviews must be added below every product to strengthen customer trust.
  5. Add some blogs and customer testimonials to educate customers better and give a positive impression to them
  6. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  7. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal usersCheck out the features live here.

Hope your store receives better traffic and increased sales in the days to come.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes

Dear Richard_Darani,

May i know which ads platform you are using?

Thanks & Regards
MS Web Designer

Hire Shopify Small Tasks Experts: www.task4store.com

20000+ Task Completed
1000+ Satisfied Client
9.9*/10 Customer Rating
10*/10 Shopify Services Marketplace
0 Likes