Feedback on my Store

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi All,

www.evanslichfield.co.uk

I'd appreciate your thoughts on our B2C store which has been running since Nov-2017 with some success - BUT - we're looking to push onto our next growth phase.

We're a well established & successful B2B manufacturer & supplier (for over 30 years) but new to Shopify and learning all the time.

Would appreciate any & all guidance from experienced e-commerce merchants.

Many Thanks,

Lloyd

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
183 6 21

Hey Lloyd,

I really liked your store!

The color scheme is great and I didn't see anything wrong, except the font size of the announcement (on the top) and the size of the logo - they are too small and barely readable (and i'm on a 24" screen).

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Lloyd

Great start with your store and it's a good one. Some tweaks around design, layout and other small missing bit of information can take it a step up.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as a lot of blocks of content don't have a section title. You do have "Shop Our Best Sellers" which is great but after that each section is lacking a title. 

2. The links in your footer are a bit hard to see... I would make this text bigger. Also your logo could be bigger too

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Product Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

4. The product images on the draught exclude are really hard to see what the product is. I would consider only having 2 or 3 items / row and making each image bigger and easier to see. You want your product to shine!

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand. This is going to help tie your site together

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
322 28 131

Hi Lloyd, 

First off, let me tell your store gave me such a great feeling of coziness and an urge to get something for me. Positive first expression-that is already a huge achievement. 

Based on my experience in eCommerce I can for sure say that there is really not a lot of things that need to be changed on your site. Maybe only enhance a couple of moments. Here are some notes that I have taken 

Homepage 

-I see that you are using a basic Instagram gallery to display the posts from there. However, that gallery does not seem to have either a sliding function or "load more" button. Besides, it throws a customer to Instagram app, which I would not suggest  putting any links that lead out of your site. You probably know that if we go on Instagram, we get distracted and can stick there for an hour, if not more. 

I do not recommend omitting Instagram though. It is a powerful tool, if used correctly. There are apps out there that allow having various galleries that let customers see posts while being on your site. 

Besides, you can create compact galleries from tagged product on corresponding product pages, that is proven to work better than collection slides. 

-In the screenshot below collection images seem to stick to each other, and they look slightly messy, I would suggest splitting them or evening them to one level, as shown. 

Screenshot_4.png

Product page 

-The Review widget that you have is out of container, if that has not been made intentionally, it is better to place it within the same container as the body of product page. 

- If I am not mistaken, customers are not able to leave reviews with photos. It is not crucial, but having that opportunity would level up your customers' trust. 

User experience 

-Your site is very warm and welcoming, but it feels like there is not a good connection with customers there. To add some "spark"you could add gamification elements on your site. You can Reward your customers with points or give them certain tiers to motivate to come back and make repetitive purchases. I am attaching a screenshot of how many actions you can reward your customers for. 

points.png

-I noticed that you have great reviews on some products. You can display them on your homepage, to help customers make purchases. 

All the features above are offered by Growave. 

I think that is it for now :) 

I did enjoy browsing through your store. 

Hopefully I managed to help you, if so please let me know by liking the post. 

Good luck! 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1738 110 377

Hey Evanslichfield,

The logo and central banner look quite apt to the store theme. However, some more improvements can be done to make your store look more beautiful and professional. Few of them are as follows:

1. The footer links need to be arranged vertically for better alignment and orientation.
  2. "Facebook "also needs to be added in the social links as facebook ads are a great source of advertising.
  3. The newsletter needs to be added to the footer for the latest promotion and discount updates.
  4. Login, search bar and cart can be placed on the top right corner of the header for a more distinguished look.
  5. Testimonials should be added for enhancing customer trust and belief.
  6. Reviews need to be added below each product for improving customer choice.
  7. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  8. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope your store reaches new heights of success very soon.

Neha;)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes