Feedback on my T-shirts store

Solved
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi everyone,

This is Pierre-Luc Bouthillier from PLB Design, a T-shirt company based in Montreal, Canada. My T-shirts are made locally and organic. They are very good quality T-shirts.

I would really appreciate if I could get some feedback on my store. The Home page, the product's pages, etc.

I have switched to Shopify in last June. I'm satisfied with my site, but I'm always willing to improve it.

https://plb-store.com

Thank you, have a great day! : )

0 Likes
Excursionist
160 6 22

Hi @plb-design 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a sense of urgency. By using urgency, you can make your visitors feel like they are missing out unless they order immediately. The 'Fear of Missing Out' that they experience, will increase your ability to convert them into buyers. One app that can help you with that is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown . It really can make a big difference in getting your customers to buy from you

But seriously your store is actually really great, and I think just a few minor tweaks could really go a long way.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

0 Likes

Hi @plb-design 

I like to flow my home pages like this. 

• Slideshow Image 
  • Collection List 
  • Something Interesting ( maybe image with text ) 
  • Newsletter Sign Up ( Be Creative ) 
  • Popular Products ( 4-8 Max ) 

Overall you have done a great job. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

P.S If you're interested in SEO Maggie from @Rockpapercopy is a member here and legend when it comes to search engine optimization. I'd reach out to her. 

NO Sales ??? Learn More -----> here

0 Likes

Success.

Bonjour Pierre-Luc

Nice to see another Montrealer here! I would really work on the design and layout of your homepage as it does not feel as strong as it can be. It's an endless page of product but it does not really tell me what your brand is. I didn't know right away that you are Montreal based or have designs about MTL. This could be a great hook as everyone who has been to MTL has great memories. 

Having worked on ASOS, Jack wills and high end brands across North American. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it's disorganized right now. Make it shorter overall and make sure you have a consistent theme and design across the homepage and tell your brand store. Remember a lot of people will be on mobile, so you want it to be easy on the eys

2. Make sure not to use a slider as carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders. Having one strong image at the top of your site is better then a slider with 3 or 4 images

3. If you are going to have a product on your homepage. Make it a Featured Product type section by telling me why I should buy it. Sell me on buying it. You need to go beyond just putting the product and products details on your home page. Your ad copy selling me on the product is a great way to show your brand voice and personality

4. Make sure the main product images for each product has the same on your collection pages. Some models have their head and or arms cut off and others don't. Also make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

Product Page  Feedback

1. Your product page could use some more white space to add breathing room. It feels really squeezed in right now

2. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search. You also don't need to bold text in this section

4. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Trailblazer
371 22 92

Hi,

Your website looks decent and just loved the idea of selling organic T-Shirts.
You surely can make few changes to enhance your website’s look,though you have made most of the things right in every aspect .
I have reviewed your store and updated you, how to be more appealing and drive sales with better effeciency.

1. You can try shifting your logo to left extreme and align header links in parallel with logo, it will provide a more clinical and decent look to the website and save you some space too.
  2. I would love to see some Bestselliing porducts on the homepage.
  3. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.
  4. On product's page, add a few more images for your products, as it will influence someone better to go for the product.
  5. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront.
    This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.
  6. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it's empty  https://plb-store.com/search?q=. You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  7. Lastly, You have over 80 products.It would sometimes make hard to find for the visitor.
    I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.
    Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Duane,

Thank you so much for the feedback. It's good to have an opinion from someone's else. That's cool that you are from Montreal, too!

Let's start with the home page. I have cleaned it up. I have removed some products. Let me know what you think now.

Thanks

0 Likes

Pierre-Luc, still feels pretty heavy on showing off product. Let me ask you a question, why should I or anyone buy from you? What makes your brand different? You are not getting that across on your homepage and you store could be any clothing brand just starting out. Do you need a t-shirt, trending and popular collection section on your homepage? There are a lot of Canadian tee brands in Canada doing organic and you need to stand out more, imo.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hi Duane,
In fact, a lot of my competitors are not organic and not made in Canada. Otherwise, my customers buy from me because they love my designs. This is the most important thing. They would not buy if they did not like the designs.
How do you think I can stand out more? ; )

0 Likes