Feedback on my custom pet bowl store

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hello,

I'm about to release my pet bowl store and start buying ads online and wondering if you guys could take a look and tell me what you think of the store.

https://barkingbowls.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1232 72 259

Hey Barkingbowls,

First of all, you need to add some more products of the similar sort for improved store variety and grabbing more customer traffic. However, some other points for store modification are as follows:

1. Favicon is missing, which is quite crucial for store identification.
  2. Discounts need to be added for better customer engagement.
  3. Once, more products are added to the store,you can display the best sellers for showing site peculiarity.
  4. You should add terms and condition and FAQ’s if any, again these also help in building search engine content.
  5. Social links should be added for better customer connectivity.
  6. Reviews need to be added below the product to improve customer choice.
  7. Instagram images and testimonials are a must for better brand promotion.
  8. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  9. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparqs Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Hope the store yields good results after store optimization.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0
Thank you this is really helpful
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
742 31 94

Hello @EthanChamps ,

I liked the product. it's really nice. Here are some suggestions you need to work on:-

1. Add a Call to Action button in above the fold. It increases the chances of getting sales.

2. Make your store engaging and interactive.

- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when they are not on your store. It will also reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Add reviews or testimonials. It will help you to build trust with other visitors.

- Add a contact us page, privacy policies.

- Add smart pop-ups

- Add a chatbot and an announcement bar.

If you would like to implement all these. I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
878 91 166

Hey there, @EthanChamps 

Bo here from Shopify Support! 

Well done on getting your store together, I know how much work goes into setting up a functioning store. Your product is adorable, I can see a lot of pet owners wanting to have their own. 

I would definitely recommend adding your policies to the footer of your page. Customers often look for the following before proceeding to checkout:

• Refund policy
  • Privacy policy
  • Terms-of-service
  • Shipping policy

You can read up on creating these policies right here. 

I noticed that you do not have an About Us page. The About Us is probably the most underutilized marketing tool on Online Stores. What an About Us page should be is a goal-oriented sales page, one that focuses on highlighting the biggest selling points of your story and brand, making a strong impression on curious customers. You can read up on how to write a persuasive About Us page here.

There are no social media linked to your store. Having a social media presence is incredibly important in eCommerce. You can check out our guide on building your presence here. In the meantime, while you are getting your social media up and running, I would recommend removing them from the footer. 

You do not have a contact page currently. Customers may have questions about the specifications of the products. I would recommend taking a look at this guide on creating a contact page. Trust is the most important currency an online store deals in. If a customer does not trust an online store they will not place an order, having a contact page can really help raise that trust factor. If you are willing to be contacted it is easier to trust you. 

One small thing which isn't crucial but will make your site look that bit more professional is adding a favicon that matches your business logo. A favicon is an icon that appears on a tab in a browser, usually a logo. You can add a favicon to your site as per this guide.

Good luck launching your store,

Bo

Bo | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi EthanChamps,
I took a look at your website. Here are some feedbacks to make it better!

1. Homepage

- Add the Testimonial section to build the trust of customers.

- Add more sections with beautiful images/videos to show what makes you different from others and why people should buy your product. Don't just show your products only! You need to have more engagement with your website visitors before making them become your customers. 

2. Add more products

You can add custom pet bowls with different Font Style, Font Colors and let customers add their pet name. So, your customers will have more product options and easily select their favorite products. Currently, you only show one product, so it may make your store boring and not attractive to your website visitors.

vv.png

3. Using sticky call-to-action buttons

Now, more and more people use their mobile to go shopping online. So, it is time to optimize the mobile customer experience. One of the quick and effective ways to do it is using sticky call-to-action buttons which are always visible on the mobile view. With CTA Now - a FREE Shopify app, you can create different sticky buttons such as Add to cart, Buy Now, Contact Us buttons, and other custom button/form. It is a good way to improve customer experiences and get more sales. Here is one example for you:Image from iOS (1).png

I hope this above feedbacks are helpful for you!

Quang Nguyen | Front-end Dev @ PageFly
- Click 'Like' to let me know you like my answer!
- Are you having problems building Shopify stores? Check out PageFly - An Advanced Page Builder whose goal is to empower anyone to build a perfect store.
1 Like
Shopify Partner
308 44 83
I like your site and the product. Thought I’d let you know that you have a typo that appears twice in your product description.
“ A ceramic bowl that personalised for your pet! ”
Also, it’s a shame they aren’t dishwasher safe. Personally that would stop me buying. We have two dogs and about 6 bowls and always use the dishwasher.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1232 72 259

My Pleasure! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes