Feedback on my electronics and variety store please (there is work to do I know)

Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 0

I'm going to put things into groups, like for the battery holders collection it will have 2xAA, 3xAA etc. on the left. I also know I have an issue with image placement when browser window is reduced in width. I also want to add the page into the breadcrumbs. There are also SEO issues with the first two sections of image links. Anything else constructive is appreciated. I get very little traffic.

https://asiasell.com.au/

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager
2666 190 422

Hi @AsiaSell,

Nick here from Shopify. 

Great work on getting a live store up and running. There are a few things which I noticed that I think will help improve your store overall moving forward. Let's take a look at them below:

• The first thing I noticed is your theme and store layout. Your store gives a very old school internet impression and could deter some people from arriving at or staying on the store for long periods of time. The other aspect of this which I noticed was the layout of the store. The first aspect people will see at the top is the product or product collections which feels like you are pushing for a sale. By having an introduction slideshow image it gives the visitor an idea of what you're about without them feeling like it is being forced. I would look into adding an image for the slideshow and perhaps changing up the color scheme of the site to give it a more modern feel. The content team at Shopify wrote a blog post with 50 exceptional Shopify stores which I think you could get some inspiration from. You can see it here
  • I saw you had an About Us section at the bottom of your homepage. I would strongly suggest setting up a separate About Page for the store as it will add a deeper layer and not take away from your homepage. Having a separate About Us page will help with your traffic and overall SEO as well as give a more professional feeling to the store. Shopify wrote a great blog post with some tips on how to write a persuasive About Us page which you can read here as well as a YouTube video from Shopify's partner Oberlo about how to make the perfect About Us page below: 

• The final thing I will mention is that I would strongly suggest adding a Privacy page. People are much more careful in today's society about their security online and by adding a privacy page it will add a further layer of trust for people visiting your site that you are safe to buy from but that you also care about their privacy and security. You can see the guide for how to add a store policy here as well as a free policy generator to give you an idea of what to say for it here

Hopefully, this helps! 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted

Congrats on launching your site. I use to live in Australia and been to Cairns before. Like Nick said above, your site has an old school look. I would switch to the Brooklyn theme or something along those lines to make your store easier on the eyes.

Homepage Feedback

1. I would add a section for customer reviews on your homepage to help build trust

2. I would make sure your footer has links to your shipping, refund/return, about us, and FAQ sections for your site

3. I would work on the layout of your homepage to make it easier to consume and understand what is going on. The background image does not help

4. I would remove the banner at the top of your site. It does not add value

Product Page Feedback

1. Add your shipping info and refund/return as links on each product page. 

2. Add a longer product description then what you have now. This is how you convince someone to buy

3. Add 3 - 5 images per product page. This is going to make it easier for someone to decide to buy or not

4. I would work on the text colour choices for your product pages as having blue, black and red does not work

Your store is going to need some work as people have high expectations in 2019 for what an online store should look like.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 0
Thanks Duane and Nick. I have done a lot of updating to the store and still a lot to do. If you could take a look at the colour schemes now? It has soft colours at the moment. I will add stock quantities to all items and tidy up the filters and placement/active colour of filter button, add privacy security and refund/return information etc. I will add probably just the main category headings and footer menu links to the mobile menu. Not sure if I changed product page text colours. Will check that. I am also yet to add the detailed product information for most products. I might move the related items to the left side of the description. With the breadcrumbs I have been trying to make it narrower when it goes to the second line. Looks bad on mobile. I also want to add in the page into the breadcrumbs which I haven't been able to do. The page name drops off when I go from a page (like Hobbies and Electronics) to a collection. I know which code prints this info but it doesn't display. It is like this... {{ pages.title }} with some other code in the line and it goes in the breadcrumbs.liquid. sorry I'm typing on the phone so I can't check the code. If you would like to repeat comments or add others I'm open to more feedback! Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
15 0 0
Also, just to address the other thing one of you said (hope I didn't miss anything), I am going to get my customer reviews from my other selling source (eBay) and also move that heading over so the C is not cut in half.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1056 50 314

H there!

One thing I noticed is that you don't have top navigation. That can significantly affect your website navigation and conversion rate, as people are not able to click and view your collections if they are on the product page or any other page. Please see how your header looks on the product page:

Screen Shot 2019-04-26 at 06.40.58.png

People can only navigate your website through breadcrumbs, and these should not be treated as the main navigation - please see why.

This also gives very limited options for your users to navigate your website, which can impact your sales. Make sure to add a standard top menu with links to your homepage, collections, extra pages, blog etc. Your user experience, navigation, and conversion will improve. 

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know :)

✅ Get complete website audit | Click here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/critique/

1 Like