Feedback on my ethical jewellery store

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hey! 

I'm looking for feedback on my store Kaleidoscope Beauty, website URL is: https://kaleidoscopebeauty.co.uk

Launched in December 2018 as a side hustle, now focusing on the business full time and want to take it to the next level. I'd really appreciate feedback from a fresh set of eyes on my store in order to get some ideas on how to turn it up a notch.

We're a jewellery brand with philanthropy at the heart of everything we do .

Thank you in advance, appreciate the help, I'm looking forward to hearing suggestions and areas of improvement.

Kind regards

Umu 

1 Like
Highlighted

Hello @reneeumu ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.

• Add a live chat so that if a customer has any questions they can easily contact you.
  • There are no trust badges at your checkout page, try adding them as trust badges help your customers know that your site is safe to shop. 
  • Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.
  • Add a blog page, blog page helps you to share more about your website and products which increases your site visibility.

I hope our feedback helps you.

Thanks,

Droppersstop

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Amazing, thanks for these suggestions will definitely look into these.

Much appreciated

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 35 122

This is an accepted solution.

Hey 

I have a few recommendations, I hope they will be of help to you. 

1. I would suggest you to keep your image size and dimensions of the same size, it helps tie the website together and gives an overall complete look. 

2. You must have a live chat, there is no way around it. If any viewer has any questions, they should be answered when they are on the website. This would descrese the drop rate of the website and if people's problems are solved the conversion rate increases. 

3. Your product description can be a little longer. Anyone who buys the product would want to know as much as they can about the same, the longer description helps with that. And also improves SEO and organic search. 

4. Please add the following to your footer - " Shipping Policies. Return Policies, Privacy Policy and Terms of Service" for better SEO. 

5. Lastly, as per my opinion you will have to create some urgency and social proof (social proof - once you start getting sales) in your store. 

Social proof will help your visitors see who all has bought your products or who has added your product to their carts and that increases the trust of the viewer on your product and increases the conversions as well. 

And as for urgency - 

For example, I'm sure you've seen how amazon creates urgencies in sales by showing the number of products left, upcoming sales, or drive sales by showing how quickly they have to order an item to get quick delivery, right down to the minute. 

If you want to sell more, boosting the sense of urgency in your marketing is the way to go. Making people feel as if they’re about to miss out on or lose a great opportunity is a powerful way to drive conversions.

One parting tip: like many other techniques, the urgency is best used in moderation. Don’t try to put pressure on your potential customers all the time, or they’ll stop taking your offers seriously. 

Instead, focus on periodically offering great deals that really are limited.

I sincerely hope my insights will be of help to you. Do let me know if you have any more questions.

Press " Like " or accept my solution to let me know if it was of help to you. 

Cheers!

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution!
Check out the following apps :
Simple scroll to top
Superbar
Slick scroll progress bar
2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
14 0 3

Hello @reneeumu! Nice store, I love the lay out! If I may ask, how did you manage to make the part I screenshotted (photo below). The view is amazing!

Kind regards,

Brian Lena

Brianlena_0-1594325738324.png

1 Like
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Umu 

Beautiful looking site and product images. In two years on here, I can honestly say these are in my top 5 of best looking product images for a new ecommerce site. Our agency works with a lot of startup ecom and direct-to-consumer brands like Birdies in North American and Europe and here is how I think you can take the site up a level. 

Homepage Feedback

1. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for on the site. Don't make customers have to hunt for these pages

2. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together and make your brand stand out even more. Product images are 1 of 2 (next to copy) reasons buy from one site over another

4. Don't add a blog as it will take tons of time away from running a business. Very few of our clients have blogs because of the time suck. There are better ways to spend your time right now.

5. Don't have "sale offers" or "limited deals" as the two people telling you don't know anything about marketing a new ecom brand and it shows. You would be better served trying to cold call and do sales in person then spend time on blog posts and dreaming up sale offers that lower your profit margin. Most new business have way to many sales and it cheapen the brands because then people just wait around for a sale to buy. Sales are the worst way to increase the orders and revenue in for your new business. People who buy when there is a sale are usually not your ideal customer. Your brand is to beautiful to cheap it with sales and limited deal offers. 

Product Page  Feedback

1. I would redesign the layout of your product page as it's disorganized right now. I would make sure you have Product Title, Costs, Size/Colour Selection, Add To Cart button and then Product Description as the order of your product page information. Anything else needs to be put somewhere else on the product page...the above layout is what people expect from other sites

2. I would remove the But It Now button. Add To Cart is better because you want people to browse and look at other items they can add to their cart

3. I would move all the credit card/payment logos to your footer. Help clean up your product pages and keep it clean looking

4. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

5. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

6. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. If you ever need help with PPC/ paid advertising like Google or Facebook/Instagram ads... I would love to chat and see if we can work together. You have a great brand so far. Keep up the amazing work!

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
424 27 127

Hi @reneeumu !

I really like your website - the color scheme, design, layout, and organization is done very well. You have done a very great job! Keep it up.

1. Make a product description more concrete, specific, and detailed, by including keywords. A great way to generate leads and traffic is through search engine optimization.

2. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. The strongest results came from the most frequent posts.

3. Consumers want more videos from brands. Furthermore, 46% of consumers act after watching a video advertisement. Add videos to your emails and social media pages. You can even embed video links into your blogs.

4. If your website is credible, you’ll be able to generate more site traffic. One of the best ways to gain credibility is to leverage your relationships with influencers. You can approach this tactic in many different ways. If you have the means, you can use celebrities to promote your brand. That’s because these people are already known and trusted. Working with a celebrity shows your brand is legitimate. The problem is it’s obvious to consumers these celebrities are getting paid to pitch your products or services. As an alternative solution, you can use micro-influencers. One of the top reasons why I’m an advocate for using micro-influencers is because they have high engagement rates with their followers.

5. Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give to the customers rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

6. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa. 

Outro

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi @arushibhatia20,

thank you so much for this feedback, some amazing tips that I will definitely be implementing!

Can you please elaborate on the social proofs/urgency. I understand the concept and effect but how is this achieved? Is there an app you recommend or is this something I'd need coded specifically for my site?

Also, regarding size of images, do you know of any tools to help with standardising these?

Again, very useful. I thoroughly appreciate the feedback here

Kind regards

Umu

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi @Brianlena,

it's a tool within the 'Narrative' theme and the particular feature is 'featured slider'.

Hope that helps

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

Hi @DuaneBrown,

a thorough breakdown, amazing!

Firstly, thank you for the compliments and feedback, really appreciate this. I'm going to work my way through this feedback and implement some of the suggestions you mentioned.

For the standardised image resolution and dimensions, do you have any tools you'd recommend using for this?

With regards to PPC, paid ads etc, I'll definitely keep you in mind and reach out when the time come, at the moment there's a limited budget unfortunately but again, loved your feedback.

Kind regards

Umu 

0 Likes