Feedback on my first Store

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have had my store up for a couple of months and need help. There is still very little traffic and no sales. I have put in some money towards some digital marketing but still no sales. Can someone please take a look. Would like some constructive feedback. 

Www.justjanashop.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
515 62 124

Hey, @Janac 

Firstly, congratulations on starting up your new business. I know how much of a whirlwind it can be at the very start. Rest assured, you have this community to assist you along the way!

With that said, I think you've done a great job with your images on the homepage. They are professional looking and high-quality. It also really helps that you have the social feed at the bottom of the page. 

One area I think you could improve upon is your main menu. I'd recommend devoting your top menu exclusively to Shopping based links. Break out your categories so that your customers can see them all at a glance. Don't just hide everything behind a single 'Catalog' menu item. The result should be reflected in an increased add-to-cart rate. In your case, some collections I would recommend creating are 'Jackets', 'Loungewear', 'Travel Necessities',  and 'Tote Bags'.

You can take this a step further by investing in a third-party Mega Menu app, such as Buddha Mega Menu. It is a feature-rich app that offers a wide variety of great features. Feel free to check out their app demo, here. There are a variety of other Mega Menu options in our app store that you can check out as well. However I have personal experience using Buddha, and I like it a lot! 

On the note of marketing and sales. I recommend going through and actioning some of the tips laid out in this blog post. It's a must-read in my opinion for new entrepreneurs on Shopify. It's going to cover a variety of ways that you can make your first sale in 30 days. Can't recommend it enough!

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Dirk | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1833 116 281

Dear @Janac 

Hope following suggestions will help you.

justinspeed.png

• Add Trust Badge
  • Highlight your USP
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Featured Collection - Add all the top featured products on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  • Add Featured / Bestseller products at home page - Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store.
  • Add Sticky Buy now or add a cart button , Sticky cart - A sticky cart icon or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  • Banner adding on Collection page - Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner.
  • Product page layout needs to improve.Example of Ideal Product Page
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.
Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
573 12 158

Hi @Janac !

Welcome to Shopify!

Your google page speed score is only 48 and mobile speed 17. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.

Add a favicon

If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page.

Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Use a referral program that will encourage your existing customers to share your products with their friends by giving discounts if the latter have purchased something from your store. With referral programs it is important to carefully set up so that you are not giving huge discounts and not getting anything back. [I recommend using one by Growave., because it is safe and it is integrated with 6 other marketing features (Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, Referral, VIP tiers) for better performance. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @Janac 

After spending few minutes on your Product Page, I have some recommendations might useful for you.

1. Product Layout

When customers access to a specific product page, they may feel weird due to the layout of your product page is quite hard to see it in overview. 

The normal layout should be 2 columns, the left-side is product image, the right-side is product information (price, quantity, variants, call-to-action button).

for example:

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 17.10.24.png 

This is a universal pattern layout on almost every e-commerce website so customers will not be confused when they're in your store.

By the way, your Product Image should be displayed in the left or below the main product image, 4-5 images with different angles on each variants are fine.

2. Product Variations

Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 17.15.01.png

Instead of using a dropdown like this for product variants, you should use Color swatches, small photo or labels. Color swatches and small photos allow visitors to visually evaluate the variations, which cannot be done with a plain text description.

3. Product Reviews section

Usually, people reach the reviews section to seek objective information. Make sure the section is as objective as possible and give them a proper perspective. This thing will make your product more credibility and boost your conversion rate more and more.Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 17.19.06.png 

That is all things I found in your Product page, hope it would be useful for you. Furthermore, you can check out this article to optimize your Product page.

Cheer!

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get
more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Janac,

We've reviewed your store in the video below.

In the video we suggested removing the "Powered by Shopify" text at the bottom. Here is how to do that:

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out any time. Our contact info is below. We wish you all the best with your store!

Ecom Geeks | Design. Marketing. Traffic. Conversions.

Have a store to review? Get in touch!
YouTube - Ecom Geeks
ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
0 Likes