Feedback on my first store,

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,everyone.

i really need feedback on my very first store,if someone would be kind enough to have a look at my setup,and different categories and let me know what you think,i would love it.

I have still having a hard time setting up a store front on Facebook for some reason,it seems like every-time i go to set up the store..FB kicks it of with some lame reason...but never tell me how to fix any problems they don`t like..and trying to email them  is like trying to email NASA or something..they never get back to you. .they will not even let me post the web address...www.385north.com...under the screen shots of my items on facebook...does anyone out there might know why that is..? or has anyone else had this problem with FB?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 3

So there are a couple of issues with your main navigation as most links go to a blank search results page. Being a clothing site, the majority of your audience will use the navigation to browse for products so I'd focus on getting category and product pages set up and linking correctly.

If you haven't got any products for a certain category, e.g Men's shirts, either remove it from the navigation or link to a coming soon page and include a 'sign up to newsletter' field so you can capture user's emails for promotional stuff and then let them know when new categories become live.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello,thanks for the feed back...have a fast look now...i changed a few things...how about the overall  look and navigation? and products?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
10 0 3

Ah that's better!

Yeah overall it looks good, nice imagery as well. A couple of other things you might want to consider:

1. Remove the visit count at the bottom of the Homepage.

2. The large homepage banner image is really good quality but it's pushing your products further down the page, including the banner image buttons. I think reducing/cropping the height of the image by about around 25-50% would really help you get more customers looking and navigating to product pages. Also, you could look at reducing the height of your header as there's some wasted space that could help reduce the amount of scroll needed to view products.

3. Finally, if you want to increase your trust with customers, look at making the imagery of products more uniform. When looking at https://www.385north.com/collections/mens-wear there is a wide range of different imagery, i.e Single product focus, single product focus with vertical variants, split imagery, some with backgrounds, and some without. 

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi,

I took a quick glance at your store and my suggestion is to get someone to go through and proofread it thoroughly because even with a quick glance I noticed two mistakes. The first one is on your home page, the header for the image of the woman on her yoga mat, that apostrophe in the word "women's" is actually a french accent, your language bar must have accidentally reverted to french while you were creating it. The second error is a typo as well and it is on your refund page, the first sentence says "...you door..." I'm pretty sure you meant to say 'your door'.

All the best with your store. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 434

Hey,
It seems you have worked quite a lot, as the store is amazing and close to perfect. It has everything at its place from top to bottom but surely you can work on few aspects mentioned down below which will help you in settling UI and overall functionality which will build trust for visitors and eventually drive you a

lot better sales.

1. For engaging new customers, you can add a section of best-selling products.

2. For some sales at the start, you need to offer some discounts to get going as a promotional offer.
    Also, it would be great if you can create a seperate sale page for discounted products.

3. Add some more social links for better connectivity.
  4. Add some blogs for more clarity. 
  5. Also, You have around 574 products and sure you might add a few more as its just a start for your visitor might feel hard to find the right product.
    Also, your search page is a bit off and empty https://www.385north.com/search?q=  Don't you think if suggestions are offered to the searchbar, there will be a lot of chances for a visitor to buy from your store?
    I would recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here.

6. Sales Pop syncs your store's data to turn recent orders into sales notification popups on your storefront. This is Sales Pop's highest converting feature and is most commonly used on product pages, collection pages.

I hope my feedback will help you in converting visitors into customers.
Neha:)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1073 54 159

Hey, @jamedean 

You need to maximize engagement on your store. If your store is not able to engage the visitors on your store then you might lose your customers. If your store is engaging it helps in reducing the bounce rate and turn the visitors into prospective or paying customers. Add pop up, loyalty and rewards. Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers. Add a livechat or a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. Add web push notifications to retarget your customers even when they are not on your store. 

If you have any questions about how you can implement this. Feel free to ask.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes