Feedback on my frozen food delivery store

gafell
Tourist
7 0 2

Hi everyone,

Would like feedback on our frozen food delivery store. We run a kitchen where we make frozen meals from real ingredients and offer meal delivery service to our customers in Hong Kong.

Check it out here:

https://gafell.com/

neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Gafell,

"A fresh and energetic start", but you still have a long way ahead to reach the pillar of success. Pay attention to the below-mentioned tips to make your store perform well:

• A "BUY NOW" or "ORDER NOW" Button is an instant "Call to Action" which when added helps in simplifying the checkout process.
  • "Blogging is a great way to inform your audience about your product".Hence, adding some images to your store blog will make it more pictorial and informative.
  • Impart a "sense of expression" to your "About Us" section by adding some store-related images to it.
  • Include links to your Twitter, Linkedin or any other social media business pages as well.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Good work, Keep it up!

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @gafell 

The idea itself is awesome, and clearly, very relevant now that a lot of people are leaning toward online shopping their foods. It is the very time for you to invest in your business and get the best out of it. 

I love how convenient and user-friendly your site is, it feels cozy and very personal. There are a few things, I recommend doing to take to the next level:

-Improve product descriptions. Write bigger texts there, with some simple commonly used words to help increase SEO. Also write nutrients of the meal. It is quite important for a lot of people to know how many carbs and protein they are intaking. 

-If you have time, start writing blog posts or a little recipe book. Blog is a great way to gain customers and be more visible on the market. It is proven that all great food companies have a food blog. If you cannot do that, than partner up with food blogs. There are a lot of people who simply write great posts about food without referring to any specific brand. 

-I assume you are shipping within HK only, so I am not sure whether it is relevant there or not, but you could create categories of meals that would be "Keto friendly", "Vegan", "Meat based". And you can promote that as well. 

-The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times.For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created account etc.)

-I see that you have quite a lot of followers on your Instagram account, where your customer tag you on their meals that they have got from you. You can display those posts on a beautiful gallery on your homepage, on the product page or on a separate page. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa, and create UCG. 

-Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. 

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes

Hi @gafell 

What a brilliant idea in this period of time, love your products :) You've done very well with the general aesthetics, the images are really good.

There're few things I would do to make your store more appealing to visitor:

HOME PAGE:

- Make your search icon sticky: I believe it would be very helpful for search-driven customers and also food is something that people are familiar with and can do search quite oftenGAFELL | for informed eaters | GAFELL | For informed eaters 2020-04-16 15-30-38.png- It's quite hard to read the text in several banners, this one for example:GAFELL | for informed eaters | GAFELL | For informed eaters 2020-04-16 15-32-05.png

- I'd recommend you have fewer banners between your first one and showcase of your products, I have to scroll all the way down to see what products you have.

- Add secondary hover images: The thumbnail or feature image of your product is quite small, so if you have secondary hover image, visitors can see a bit more of the dish.

PRODUCT PAGE:

- Add 2-3 more images to each product: You can add 'in scale' image to help visitors evaluate how big the dish can be, other images can be how it is served to give your visitors a bit more of the context, so they can find it relatable and make them feel like they want to buy it 

- Consider giving zoom function to the product image: many people are familiar with the ingredients of the dish, others are not. People usually rely much on the images to determine the details, before reading anything on your product page.

I think this article can be helpful for you to enhance your product page https://academy.pagefly.io/guide/personalize-your-product-page/ 

I hope those ideas can be helpful. Let me know if you have question :) Best of luck to you!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
0 Likes
gafell
Tourist
7 0 2

Thanks so much for all the great suggestions and taking the time to review our site. Gave a bunch of great recommendations to work on

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

The pleasure is mine! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
empanada
2 0 0

Hi Gafell,

I am also putting together a frozen food delivery e-commerce specifically empanadas, can I get an advise from you of what type of packaging are you using for delivery, my delivery have to be a next day or maximum of 48 hours delivery.

Tanks.

0 Likes
empanada
2 0 0

Hi Gafell,

What theme did you use?

0 Likes