Feedback on my hippie clothing store

Solved
Highlighted
4 0 0
Hi everyone, I've recently launched my new ecommerce store and I'd love to get some feedback. Although my conversion rate is above the industry average (so far and by a marginal amount) I think it can be increased further. I have quite a few abandoned carts already and I'd love to know why people get as far as checkout and then turn back.

https://www.thekarmicchameleon.co.uk/

Any constructive criticism would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
314 15 57

Hi @KarmicChameleon 

Nice job on your store, here is my feedback on it.

After carefully reviewing I don't see a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Another thing you might want to add is reviews. It would be good to add reviews for your products. Think about it when was the last time you bought a product without reading the reviews first? I think you should definitely add some reviews.

You might consider adding a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support

One thing to consider is adding a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

0 Likes

Success.

A lot of people will leave a cart because of shipping costs, high price point or they even want to save an item in their cart and come back later to buy. It's normal to see people to leave their cart and oddly, there are times when there is nothing you can do about it... outside of remarketing to people who left the cart and convince them to come back and buy with Google or Facebook/Instagram ads. You have a solid looking store and a great product but here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage and make the images under "All Products" bigger and easier to see

3. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for. Not everyone will see the Free Shipping at the top of the site as it does not standout enough

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Move the sizing chart off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions. This is going to help tie your site together

4. ASOS and other leading fashion brands are doing little fashion videos for their product pages. Something you could film on an iPhone or latest Android and add to your site.

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
4 0 0
Thank you so much for that. Really helpful tips that I'll get to work on 🙂
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
133 9 17

Hey @KarmicChameleon 

You have an amazing store. To reduce the abandoned cart rate You should definitely start notifying your customers when they abandoned your cart. This can be done in many ways. You can send them an abandoned cart push notification or an abandoned cart email. This will reduce your cart abandonment. Not only this you can also start rewarding your customers with loyalty points when they come back to recover the abandoned cart.

You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases and helps in retaining your customers.

We help eCommerce brands acquire, scale, convert and retain their customers & visitors. Skyrocket your sales and get guaranteed engagement in your store. Get all the actionable insights at your fingertips: AiTrillion.com
0 Likes