Hello Shopify Community!
I am new to the e-commerce scene and have just started my first Shopify store. I have used Influencer marketing and theme pages to advertise my content, as I am on a budget. Although I am getting notable traffic, I haven't made a single sale; I have tried my best to make my website design look clean and well-put together. I am kind of draining money here advertising for my product, and I need some feedback to get a good ROI.
Please be honest and give constructive criticism. If I am not branding my product right, if my price is too high or if I have just invested in a poor product, please let me know. Also please tell me what I can do to improve my website to start actually getting sales.
FYI I am only featuring one product on my website.
Hi @mike182 !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why I advise to work in partnership with other companies that sell complementary products or services.
2. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
3. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
4. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
5. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.