Feedback on my new product page

Highlighted
Excursionist
91 1 8

Hi All,

Just wondered if you would give me some feedback on my new product page.

I had some feedback from a user ABC123, which made me realise that it was too dificult to use, so i have change it.

https://www.thedigitalroom.co.uk/products/slim-gloss-acrylic-desk-block

I'm yet to change the other products, just wanted some feedback on this one before i start on the rest.

Thanks

Timmo.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 162

Hey, Timmo!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

What a great product page you have created! I did a test order to see how the user experience is and I must say you definitely had put some thoughts into this. 

I tried the landscape format and had no issue with uploading my pictures. The order can be done through your new product page alone without jumping onto other pages. The uploading time was not an issue for me and the best thing was that I actually saw my uploaded image showed up at the cart page too. It's a great design flow you have here. In case if your customer uploaded the wrong image, they have a chance to check again and potentially going back to fix it. It's really well done. 

After I finished my test order from your newly built page, I visited your other pages to compare the difference. I, then, understood why you made the update. Since you had mentioned ABC123 in your post, I went and checked out what his feedback was before. I must say your updated version hit it out of the ballpark! Your new product page is one of my favorites at the moment. Kudos on the job well done!! I think this is ready for you to implement to your other product pages. Wishing you great success with the new pages!

Knowing that you have migrated to us from another web host where you had the business for a long time, how are you enjoying Shopify? With the new year approaching, what's your business goal for 2019? Let us know and we'd love to help you achieve your goals!

If there’s anything else I can help you out with, please don’t hesitate to reply back and I’d be happy to help out! Alternatively, you can always give us a call or start a live chat at any time. We're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

All the best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
91 1 8

Thanks Jason, there's still a lot to do, but im getting there.

As for 2019, add more products. I have some plans to offer photobooks, and allow clients to make there own montages.

Watch this space.

Timmo.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hey Timmo,

Great product indeed - my first impression is that that is not a product you can order online - you have no add to cart button displayed on this page. Make sure to make it clear that people can order by clicking the button - that's the best practice in web usability. Online visitors expect to see certain functions in certain places and in certain formats. People shop online on auto-pilot - if you distract the process and make people think of what they should do next, you confuse your shoppers, which can affect your conversion rate. Make sure to have an add to cart button above your description and displayed above the fold - that's the easiest way to boost your conversion rate. 

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
91 1 8

Hi Rockpapercopy,

The client has to upload their image to the product page prior to being able to add it to the cart.
once they have uploaded the image, the add to cart button is presented.

I'm currently constructing the prevuew page, so things might look messy.

Thanks

Timmo.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hey Timmo,

Just add a button with a text "Start the Order" or similar. 

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
91 1 8

Hi Rockpapercopy,

I see your point so I added the word Order to the formats buttons.

Cheers

Timmo.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Great - looking better. Make sure to also display a button above the fold, so people can see it right as they land on the product page:

As you have 3 different options, this button will have to have variants as well. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 162

Hi, Timmo.

I love seeing your progress. Small tweaks here and there will always improve the page. Knowing that you have a few new product plans lining for next year, I am really excited for you! 

I may have a split opinion with Rockpapercopy on displaying the buttons above the fold. It would be nice to have the buttons right at the landing view. That being said, knowing your customers will click on the line/link they wish to buy directly, I don't see a particular need to have buttons on the top and at the midsection (since the link takes us to the midsection).

Since the year is coming to an end and you have a few product ideas coming in the new year, I am wondering if you have tabbed into digital marketing yet? If not just yet, here is a great master class podcast on How Wee Squeak Captured Over 600 Emails Using Only $90 in Facebook Ads. Another place I encourage to start exploring when you have a moment is our Facebook marketing blog. There are tips and tricks on how you can create and utilize your Facebook pixels or Facebook ads in general. Can't wait to see what next year brings you!

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
91 1 8

I have now finished my 3d preview  which I hope will be a nice USP.

https://www.thedigitalroom.co.uk/products/slim-gloss-acrylic-desk-block

Upload an image and preview it in 3d.

would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks

Timmo

0 Likes