Feedback on my new product page

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 164

Hey, Timmo!

The USP idea is brilliant! I just tried your 3D preview but the result is a little off. I used a mockup image and this is the 3D preview that it comes up with.

It isn't showing up too clearly/realistically. I'd say there is something off with the mockup, perhaps the way the images were shown on the faces of the block/dimension views. I've tried a few other pictures just to see the results and they were coming up similarly. Was the 3D preview done by a developer or an app? I suggest you discuss with the developer/app developer for a better result, like the ones you have on the product pages. Since this is a feature you want to offer as USP, I encourage you to offer it only when it truly can add value/conversion to your business - our end goal is to entice the customers to buy. 

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
91 1 8

Hi Jason,

The developer was me, I’m not sure what you mean it was off, it looks fine to me, are you talking about the whit lines? If so they are meant to be there, on a real block that’s what you see, it’s the edge of the block showing through the reflection.

did you try the slider?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 164

Hi, Timmo!

Wowzers! You are definitely a talented gentleman. Perhaps it's me who had the false knowledge on how the blocks work. When I visited your product page, I saw these images. They are quite realistic, meaning that on the top and on the side, the images will show up a little differently.

When it came to my own upload, the block's top and sides were actually a reflection of the section of the image that I uploaded. Is that how the block will come out on the block? 

Now I've re-read over your posts and visit the blocks again I understand what you mean. This is purely just my personal opinion. Upon my first glance at my 3D rendered image, I thought the block's setting was wrong as I didn't expect to see the reflection showing on all four sides of the block. If the light is the same as the background, on the right-hand face of the block at least, I shouldn't be seeing any reflection of my picture. To solve this issue, I suggest simply put the block on an angle as you had with the same pictures.

Last but not least, where can I try the slider?

Best,

Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Excursionist
91 1 8

you should see a slider under the image, what browser are yoiu using?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 164

Hi, Timmo!

Yes, I just double checked again and saw the slider. The slider wasn't obvious to me. With my four tests, I failed to notice the slider. Perhaps you can add a note on the 3D on shelf preview page letting the customers know that there is a slighter located at the bottom of the image. At the moment, it isn't intuitive for the customers. 

Alternatively, since you already have a preset background, maybe have the block set at an angle by default with shadows properly added that favors the whole image (like the ones you have on the product page). I don't think customers need the sliders. From my experience, I'd just wanted to see my image on a nice block looking exactly like the way you have shown on the product page. Currently, even with the help with the slider, the block seems to be floating on the desk. 

Overall, this is my nitpicking. Let me know what you think!

Best,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
91 1 8

Yeah I hear what you’re saying, I’m working on another 3D preview for a different product which I’m hoping to add shadows and lighting too, if it works I’ll try shadow on the block 3D. 

I wll ser a default value so that the block sits at a nicer angle to start with.

it is only a mock up and I would hope that the clients realise that. 

Thanks Jason.

0 Likes