Feedback on my new store, please!

Highlighted
3 0 1

Hi There,

I'm on week 2 of FB ads but haven't made our first sale yet. Week one we got about 1,200 visitors to our site and 5 adds to cart but no sale. We started a retargeting and a lookalike ad 3 days ago and have had about 2,000 visitors total but still no sale. 

I'd love any feedback, specifically about converting visitors to sales. I feel like I'm missing something but not sure what. Our website is jomocoffee.co

Thank you,

Jennifer

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
185 29 112

Hey there, @hellojomo!

That’s frustration to have traffic and people adding to the cart but no actual sales. Let’s see what we can do.

I can tell you’ve guys put a ton of thought and work into your store. It really shows. However, when I first came to your store, I didn't know what you’re selling. I actually had to go back and check if the link was right. It says JomoCoffee, but I’m welcomed with a dog instead. I would raise your hero image so that it’s where the “beautifully designed to bring you joy” is currently, and focus that hero image on the coffee. Swag is great, but if you’re known as Jomo COFFEE, I would expect coffee to be your focus.

For your homepage itself, I would use heatmaps to see where people are clicking and how far they scroll. Even if you aren’t promoting your homepage with the ad campaigns, it can still help you evaluate those who go to your homepage. 

I like that your banner promotes free shipping. That’s a huge benefit to your customers! It also stands out well.

Your navigation bar feels too long. It’s across two rows, which indicates to me it’s just too long. Again, use heatmaps to evaluate your menu items. You may find that your order is off or some may need to move to just the footer. 

For example, I would be surprised if you ended up with something like Home | French Press | At Home Collection | About Us and move the FAQ and Contact Us to the footer. Of course, your desktop traffic may differ from your mobile traffic.

Also, be sure that your social links in your footer open in a new tab. 

Contact and communication
I found your contact form, but I would definitely take out the phone number field. That’s a field that makes most people abandon the form. The page is missing your email address, so make sure to add that.

In general, however, your site needs a live chat option. Right now if they contact you via the form, they will have to leave your site to get answers. Live chat lets you keep them on your site. 

Since you’re having issues with people leaving your site before checking out, I would suggest setting up an auto invite. You could target it for people who added to the cart but haven’t received an order confirmation. If they spend 60 seconds on a page, you could trigger a chat with something like, “Is there anything I can help you with today?” 

Navigation and Product pages
In general, I like the look of your product and page. I would use heatmaps to see where they are clicking. If they are adding products to the cart, what products are they adding and where are they going to add to cart (from homepage or a product page)? 

A few suggestions: 

• Take out shipping calculated at checkout and replace it with free shipping on every order. Make it clear and reiterate that it’s free.
  • Make sure the color of the product updates when that color is selected by a potentialbuyer. Right now it’s just always on seafoam.
  • Look at the click heatmap to see if people are going to Amazon instead of your site. 
  • Incorporate reviews. You have great reviews on Amazon, so now you need to generate it for your own site as well. Add in a review request in your purchase confirmation email.

Watch session recordings of your visitors. Again, search for people who add to the cart but don’t have the checkout confirmation yet. Watch what happened. Are there any patterns? Are they on mobile or desktop? What browsers do they use? Once they add a product to the cart, what do they do? Where do they click? What information are they missing? 

Don’t forget to analyze your Facebook traffic. In heatmaps, filter to just your Facebook traffic. If you use behavior tags, you can filter it down by campaign. I would be curious if you’re needing to tweak your audience filters for the campaign a bit as well.

That’s the sort of information that’s really going to help you here. Visitor behavior drives so many changes that result in better websites and more sales. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 1

Danny, thank you for your thoughtful feedback, I really appreciate it! Lots of good information to apply, thanks again

@LuckyDanny wrote:

Hey there, @hellojomo!

That’s frustration to have traffic and people adding to the cart but no actual sales. Let’s see what we can do.

I can tell you’ve guys put a ton of thought and work into your store. It really shows. However, when I first came to your store, I didn't know what you’re selling. I actually had to go back and check if the link was right. It says JomoCoffee, but I’m welcomed with a dog instead. I would raise your hero image so that it’s where the “beautifully designed to bring you joy” is currently, and focus that hero image on the coffee. Swag is great, but if you’re known as Jomo COFFEE, I would expect coffee to be your focus.

For your homepage itself, I would use heatmaps to see where people are clicking and how far they scroll. Even if you aren’t promoting your homepage with the ad campaigns, it can still help you evaluate those who go to your homepage. 

I like that your banner promotes free shipping. That’s a huge benefit to your customers! It also stands out well.

Your navigation bar feels too long. It’s across two rows, which indicates to me it’s just too long. Again, use heatmaps to evaluate your menu items. You may find that your order is off or some may need to move to just the footer. 

For example, I would be surprised if you ended up with something like Home | French Press | At Home Collection | About Us and move the FAQ and Contact Us to the footer. Of course, your desktop traffic may differ from your mobile traffic.

Also, be sure that your social links in your footer open in a new tab. 

Contact and communication
I found your contact form, but I would definitely take out the phone number field. That’s a field that makes most people abandon the form. The page is missing your email address, so make sure to add that.

In general, however, your site needs a live chat option. Right now if they contact you via the form, they will have to leave your site to get answers. Live chat lets you keep them on your site. 

Since you’re having issues with people leaving your site before checking out, I would suggest setting up an auto invite. You could target it for people who added to the cart but haven’t received an order confirmation. If they spend 60 seconds on a page, you could trigger a chat with something like, “Is there anything I can help you with today?” 

Navigation and Product pages
In general, I like the look of your product and page. I would use heatmaps to see where they are clicking. If they are adding products to the cart, what products are they adding and where are they going to add to cart (from homepage or a product page)? 

A few suggestions: 

• Take out shipping calculated at checkout and replace it with free shipping on every order. Make it clear and reiterate that it’s free.
  • Make sure the color of the product updates when that color is selected by a potentialbuyer. Right now it’s just always on seafoam.
  • Look at the click heatmap to see if people are going to Amazon instead of your site. 
  • Incorporate reviews. You have great reviews on Amazon, so now you need to generate it for your own site as well. Add in a review request in your purchase confirmation email.

Watch session recordings of your visitors. Again, search for people who add to the cart but don’t have the checkout confirmation yet. Watch what happened. Are there any patterns? Are they on mobile or desktop? What browsers do they use? Once they add a product to the cart, what do they do? Where do they click? What information are they missing? 

Don’t forget to analyze your Facebook traffic. In heatmaps, filter to just your Facebook traffic. If you use behavior tags, you can filter it down by campaign. I would be curious if you’re needing to tweak your audience filters for the campaign a bit as well.

That’s the sort of information that’s really going to help you here. Visitor behavior drives so many changes that result in better websites and more sales. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card required) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps. Good luck!

Cheers -

Danny

Best,

Jennifer

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1958 123 433

Hey Jomo Coffee,

"Receiving site traffic, but, no sales is a very common scenario". The major reason being"improper site layout". Keep the below-listed points in mind to improve the same:

• The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  • "Log in" account is an efficient solution for information security and it helps in keeping a track of your order details as well.
  • All "footer links" should be vertically aligned for symmetric arrangement.
  • Add "terms and conditions" for better site authenticity.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

May your store receive its first sale very soon.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
386 34 155

Hi @hellojomo 

I love the minty frenchpress, would totally purchase it for myself. I think you should focus more on various designs of coffee equipment. You can add similar pour over, grinder, mugs that match them as well. There are a lot of stores that sell coffee related things, but not a lot that sell spruced up equipment. 

As for the site, I recommend a couple of changes: 

-Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

-90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is a social proof. In my opinion that is an essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site

-Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like