Feedback on my new store

Highlighted
Excursionist
13 0 1

Hi All, 

I launched my handmade Tote bags store ( www.bagdevie.com) and I would appreciate some feedback on it. There are still a few things that needs updating such as 'About Us' page but the majority of it is done and ready to shop. Launched early so customers could order personalised products when I did a craft/market fair two weeks ago. 

I'm using the Supply theme and currently stuck between keeping it minimal ( current setup ) or showing all products in detail which meant more scrolling ( like a blog ). I'm thinking the latter for engagement purposes.

thanks 

BDV

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
1891 317 403

Hi @BDV07 
This is some of changes you can do on store:
Home page:
1. Make logo smaller and remove extra white space.
2. Change header color then page color so it look better.
3. Make main slider full-width
4. Add shop button or link on slider that easy for user to navigate your banner offer or page.
5. Change image on hover that make best impression on user.
6. Possible to add direct add to cart from home page with no page reload so user can buy direct from home page.
7. Add extra image, image with text, testimonial etc section on home page.
8. Add blog section with slider on home page for good impression.
9. Add Instagram section to reach your product in digital way.
10. Make footer look profession with column wise menu and section
11. Remove power by shopify from footer.
12. Change font of store.

Collection page:
1.Change width of page if no filter on page.
2.Use banner or text on collection page.
3.Add infinite scrolling on collection page so use can see all product on scrolling same time.

Product page:
1. Make image section big then now.
2. Possible to add swatches of variants for good look.
3. Change image on variants selection so user can see related image.
4. Show timer, online view etc text on page.
5. Add proper description without any extra space etc.
6. Show related product slider at bottom of page.

General:
1. Give some festival discount to user for attract them
2. change weekly banner and on festival for good impression.
3. use email subscription to get user information and send them timely offer.
2. add slide on main image

Let me know if you need any 

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
Email: jasoliyabrijesh123@gmail.com
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
172 20 39

Hi @BDV07,

Thank you for sharing your store with us. @Jasoliya has offered some sound advice but I also have some feedback that I hope you will find useful.

This has already been mentioned, but I would definitely recommend considering a different font - I find the text on the site to contrast poorly with the font in your logo:

19-10-kcmyp-xkanc

The fonts don't need to be the same or even similar, but I do think you want to go for a font on the site that fits in with your branding. You'll want to establish as strong and as clear a brand as possible and the imagery and font choices you make will play a big part in that. There's no right font to choose, but it might be worth spending some more time considering alternatives that'll work better with your logo's font.

Secondly, I also noticed that your Contact Us page is blank. You'll want to ensure some information is listed here as it will make the site look unfinished and unprofessional if customers see it. We offer a guide on how to add a contact form to the page which you might find helpful, and we also have a blog post that speaks in more detail about how to maximize the potential and efficiency of your contact page.

I'd also suggest including more information on the homepage that provides customers with an initial impression when they arrive at the site. You've got some products and collections featured here already, which is vital, but some additional information that details what your store is all about could go a long way towards making that key first impression as memorable as possible. Your About Us page has some great information, so perhaps featuring an abridged version on the homepage would be something you could consider.

I also noticed on your About Us page that you make each tote bag from scratch - this is a wonderful selling point, and something you should be advertising! The fact that you make these yourself gives you an immediate advantage on other businesses that may be mass-producing products such as these, as customers these days are often looking for something with a personal touch and want to know how their products are made. I would suggest speaking more about the manufacturing process for these products, and would also suggest including some images/ videos of the bags being made. You can even include speak a little about yourself and why you make these products, as adding a face to a business again helps with that personal touch that many consumers are looking for.

Finally, I'd also suggest adding an FAQs page to the store. This will allow you to easily answer potential questions you anticipate you might be asked - e.g. what materials are used, where you ship to, what your refund policy is - and this may prove the difference between a customer purchasing rather than leaving the site because they are unsure about something. Making your site as transparent and informative as possible is a great way of increasing your chances at making sales. There's another blog post on this I think you'll find helpful: The FAQ Page: Why You Need It, How to Build One, and 10 Great Examples.

I hope this has helped and please do let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like

Considering your brand already seems simple and easy on the eyes. I would keep your current layout on your store. 

Homepage Feedback

1. I would clean up the design of your homepage as there is to much white space above your main menu. Make this smaller, so more of your product can be shown off

2. I would delay the 10% off popup to one minute to give me a bit more time to look around the homepage

3. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

3. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions and the same style/brand. This is going to help tie your site together

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
Shopify Partner
388 20 77

Hi @BDV07 

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

You might consider adding reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

One thing to consider is adding a sense of urgency. Imagine you are a customer browsing an online store. Maybe you are ready to buy maybe you aren't. But there is a good chance you aren't in the buying mood at the moment. If you add a sense of urgency to your store it can help more of your customers to buy, and have them buy faster. One way you can do so is by adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Did you think about adding an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

I wasn't able to find a FAQ section. Customers often times will want a lot of information before they make a decision to purchase. Adding an FAQ section with information about things like shipping rates, returns, and anything else relevant can help your customer more easily make a decision to purchase

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a custom logo. Adding a custom logo to your site, can help your customers more easily be able to recognize your branding, and it can really help with trust.

After looking I couldn't find a blog. If you had a blog more customers might be able to find your site, and even if they aren't ready to buy at the moment they are reading your blog, they are more likely to buy from you in the future.

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

To learn more visit https://www.answrly.com/

1 Like
Excursionist
13 0 1
Thank you all your suggestions. Will continue to work on it.
1 Like
Excursionist
13 0 1

Hi Duane,

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm a running a free theme and most of the settings are by default. I know nothing about coding. that white space is bothering me, I followed some of the suggestions on here to change the padding but they're from 2015 & 2018 and the codes are not the same on my one  so don't really know how to change it. 

I have delayed the pop -up to leave on exit

I had a featured product on the previous theme settings and disabled it so I'll bring it back

I do have a review section under the products but haven't received any yet hence nothing is showing

Thanks again 

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 0 1

Hi FFT_Smart,

I do have a reviews section in the product page but nothing showing yet as I haven't received any reviews yet

I had a stock count number which I disabled so I'll bring it back

Thanks for the "Buy ' suggestion. Personally they put me off as a buyer hence I didn't think to use on my web page as I never thought about the reasons you listed below.

FAQs never crossed my mind so thanks for thank. Will add a section soon

Blog sounds great too, just having thought of articles to write. After blogging for 6+ years, you would think it would be the first thing I'll jump on/easy to do

0 Likes

Hi BDV 

I used to go to the markets all the time and I would give everyone who come in contact with me a special discount code for the website. You probably will speak to lots of people so before they leave talk about the website. I made a lot of sales online because of this. 

As for the website. I don't think this is the right free theme for you. Also the logo is very large. I'd make that a little smaller. 

Overall pretty good job. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers

Clayton Bates 

10,000 Reasons To Get A FREE Website Review HERE

0 Likes
Excursionist
13 0 1
Thank you all so much for the feedback so far. I’ve made some tweaks with your suggestions. Still have a few to do - About ya Page, Blog and FAQ.

I figured how to make the logo smaller - yaay and changed the font as suggested. Someone also mentioned how to make the slider film width - would appreciate some guidance on how to.

Would appreciate if you all could take another look and let me know your thoughts. I must say, I do like this version soo much better.

Thanks for all your help.

BDV
0 Likes