Feedback on my new store

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello! I launched my new fitness store and I would love to hear your feedback and thoughts about it.

Your feedback will really help me! Thanks for your time.

Here is my store

https://dotimz.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

maybe could improve the quality of the images?

Its a great product though!

Keep it up :)

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1174 58 350

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

Your homepage looks really good, however the first impression is that you are selling fitness programs or exercise plans, as your products are pushed to the bottom of the page. Consider adding featured products and collections to the top of the page, right below the hero image, so people can browse and shop. It should be the focus of the page, and move the masterclass copy info to the bottom of the homepage. It will significantly improve your conversion rate [sales].

Consider also renaming the "Products" on the collection page to something more SEO-friendly, like "fitness gear" or similar. It will give Google more info as to which search results to place you:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 05.36.09.png

Almost all of your items are on sale - that can affect your credibility as retailer. People might not feel the discounts are genuine, or that they get real knock-off prices. Be very scarce with your discounts, and offer only 10% of products on sale at a time. People will then be more prone to buy items on sale.

You mention you process orders within 5-25 business days:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 05.42.47.png

That's a seriously long time to process and ship the order - it doesn't account even the delivery time. Why is it so long? Almost 4 weeks to send the order out? Ideally you'd want to ship it the same day, or within 24 hours. All the online stores are trying to reduce the shipping times, as Amazon can now deliver the same day [yes, the SAME DAY delivery]. Consider switching the supplier/drophipper, as your business will suffer, you'll get negative feedback and no return business. 

Aim to find a dropshipper who can process orders within 24-48 hours, and deliver them quickly. Alternatively, opt for working with a fulfillment center near you, so they can despatch and deliver the orders to your customers quicker.

FAQs page contains Shipping info - why not put this content on the Shipping page and cover other FAQs here?

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 05.48.31.png

Footer - consider adding your social media profiles here:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 05.49.33.png

Your SEO score is 44/ 100:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 05.51.14.png

Your Google snippet [meta title and meta description] is not defined yet:

Screen Shot 2020-05-14 at 05.51.43.png

Consider optimizing it further. At the moment, your website will have generic info displayed in the search results, which might not give you the best chance to stand out in the search results. Having a catchy Google snippet can help you connect with more people in Google and drive free and organic traffic, so make sure to optimize these values.

This snippet is very important, and it’s worth spending more time optimizing it. It’s often the first interaction with a potential new customer, as this snippet is displayed in Google search results. Make sure it’s inviting and irresistible so people click your listing once they see it. Otherwise Google might drop it as non-relevant to the search results, which will affect your traffic and SEO. Let me know if you’d need help writing irresistible, well converting Google snippets for your websit....

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Rock Paper Copy

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 123 433

Hey Dotimz,

Keep the below-listed points in mind for optimizing your store:

• A "cart button" is essential on the top header right.
  • The "search landing page" is disabled in your case ie it does not redirect to "/search" when the "enter key" is pressed while placing the cursor on the search bar.
  • Adding images to "About Us" would make it look more lively.
  • Including"promo+free shipping offers" using a "bold unique header template" and a "catchy tag-line" like "Hurry! Free Shipping on selected products+10% OFF your next order "as a part of your store header can encourage people to take you up on the offer.
  • Promote your free shipping offers with progressive messages and a cart goal and motivate your customers to increase cart values and boost sales using Free Shipping Bar by Hextom.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I hope the above suggestions help you appropriately.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
188 15 40

Hello @Dotimz 

Congratulations on your store page! It's quite well done. I like the theme that you have selected because it keeps the focus on the products themselves. Most things on the store have been done right. I saw a couple of things that could be made better though, so I thought I'd share them with you. 

1. On your homepage, make the top navigation bar fixed - even if the person scrolls down they should be able to navigate to the rest of the pages without having to go to the top. 
    2. Add the Contact us and About Us links even in the footer section. That makes those sections easily accessible from anywhere. 
    3. Try to add reviews as much as possible. I understand this can be tough when you're just starting off. But this helps your shoppers have some trust in your products and the store overall.
    4. You could add some kind of urgency by adding stickers or labels to highlight things like sale/trending/free shipping. The Shopify app store is source of some really good apps that can add this kind of a focus to your store. I added one below which I thought might look good. What do you think? You can always look up more styles here.  

E9F8F447-7826-4C5E-B013-BC531E27FF7C_4_5005_c.jpeg

Do let me know if this is useful for you.

Hope to hear from you soon! Till then, good luck and do stay safe!

Garima

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes