Feedback on my newly launched store

EachPeachBaby
1 0 0

Hello Everyone, 

We just launched our new shop focused on baby shoes and accessories, any feedback from the community would be much appreciated!!

We have over 1,000 visitors over 5 days but less than 1% converted into sales which seems quite low from what I read online.

Can you give me your thoughts and suggestions, what do you think it works best and what doesn't work?

eachpeachbaby.com 

Any and all help is appreciated! 

Many thanks in advance 

0 Likes
AllFetch
Shopify Partner
520 49 170

Hi @EachPeachBaby

Have seen your store and it looks great. 

Here are some of my suggestions that might help you increase the conversion rate. 

1. Homepage: 

- You can add some sections for your homepage: 

+ The new arrivals section 

+ The collection section

+ The section shows the benefits when shopping at your store. 

- Have seen your Instagram feed at your store, and I think you can turn your Instagram gallery into a shoppable one. 

The app Shoppable Instagram Feed by AllFetch will help you do that totally free. 

2. Product page:

You can add some:

- Use more Upsell and Cross-sell methods. For example, Product Bundles or Frequently Bought Together. 

- Reviews to increase your social proof. 

3. Other

- Do you have a tool to help you track customers' behaviors? you need to know when and where your customers exit. How long they stay on the pages. 

- Do you research the market? your competitors? 

- At the early of your business, most people won't have trust to buy products from your store. So you need to have to build trust and some special events like free products or smt. 

I think you're doing great with your store. Just try to focus on other things like a marketing plan. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service - Serving 10.000+ active merchants.
- We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.
- Stay updated with AllFetch: Website / Youtube / AllFetch Community / Facebook / Twitter / Linkedin.
Click Like and Accept as Solution if you like! Want to customize your store, contact us at support@allfetch.com
Tuecus
Shopify Partner
2090 49 270

Hello,

I just had look into your website. I observed few points on your website, I hope those are helpful for your website.

-> Can you check this image https://snipboard.io/qiVeNh.jpg . Modify it then looks great.
-> You can add the item reviews under product page, Item reviews can help give customers that additional propel they have to confide in your online shop and finish their buy. I would suggest including item reviews too, as reviews for customers to share their positive experience thus different customers can see the reviews and be influenced to purchase.
-> You can Add blog page, Blog initially used to provide a unique way for people to share their thoughts, feelings, experiences, and opinions and It is a huge opportunity to increase your company's visibility.
-> You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.

Further, If you want increase your sales? I suggest you can try Tuecus. It helps increase your store revenue. And you can easily customize customer dashboard by Tuecus

Thanks,
team Tuecus.

Apps Developer Team |@Tuecus-Customer Dashboard
@Aliexpress Dropshipping & More
If the my answer is helpful to you? Click Like/Accept Solution to let me Know!!
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
1706 0 0

Hi EachPeachBaby,

For what it is worth I am a fellow shop owner/designer looking to launch my own store soon (not trying to sell you an app). So, I like looking at sites on this topic and decided to post my thoughts on your site. 

So, what I see and feel at first glance is the menu. I think the menu gets lost in the background image of the slider before you find it and hover over it and then the background color bar shows up.

On the menu itself: 

Shoes - has 2 drop downs, Gift Sets- has 0 drop downs, Baby- has 6 drop downs. While I was scrolling across them, I felt lost with the Gift Set, almost like it was broken because of no drop down. I would re-order them somehow, (alphabetically or most categories to least categories - left to right). I realize you only have 4 gift baskets, but maybe one of the drop downs can say "All gift Baskets" and that leaves you room to add timely menu options that are event or holiday driven.

The first slider is so big that the bottom text boxes and buttons are below my fold for viewing. For instance, I can only read "Treat Tiny Toes" or "Precious Peaches".

The second animated slider is humongous and has the title "Hello World". The term "Hello World" has been a staple in the computer programming world and at first, I mistook it as a part of your template that the text was not customized. But I get what you are trying to express. I think the size of this banner section is so overwhelming that it is a distraction and weights your homepage down. 

The "Shop the Trend" section does not have prices, only "Buy Now" text. The "Shop the Trend" section has a description, but the "Baby Shoes" does not. I would make them consistent.

At the footer, "Our Store" seems kindof sparse. I would add an "About Us" links down there and not at the top infront of the search bar. 

If I click the search icon, it takes me to another page that looks blank except for the word "Search". I would think you should have the search bar input up in that right hand space. 

Okay, I hope I have not been offensive in any way and wish you success!

0 Likes
selina10261
Excursionist
65 0 7

I like your website design.

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2969 171 548

Hello @EachPeachBabyThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. I would love to share my thoughts for your store based on 9 years of experience with Shopify for over 1000's active Shopify merchants and hope that my sharing will help you improve your store performance.

You can also check the performance of our brands with AiTrillion here

- For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

- Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

- Give rewards to your customers. By offering rewards for completing actions like making a purchase or following you on social media, you show your customers that you care about how they engage with you and want to thank them for it. This encourages them to do it again in the future, transforming them into valuable repeat customers.

For conversion, you need to engage your visitors coming to your site. Make your website interactive and increase engagement on your website. This will help you in customer retention. If your store is engaging then it will help you to reduce Customer Churn Rate i.e percentage of customers who stop purchasing from your brand and will also increase your customer retention.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
developer_2020
Shopify Partner
25 0 3

Your site is easy to use and navigate - i think you've done a great job with it. In regards to conversions, i would say your stats may tell you that the wrong sort of shoppers are finding your store. Maybe look to refine your target audience a bit and see if it improves.

I also noticed your a UK based store. Is your store listed on Upurr? its a UK based store directory that drives targeted shoppers to your store and its free to list your store - https://upurr.co.uk/store. You can also connect it to your Shopify store (which i'd recommend doing to get the most out of it).

Other than that, i think keep building up a good mailing list and no doubt you should start seeing more conversions in time.

Good luck with your venture.

0 Likes
NikkiElizDeMere
Excursionist
66 6 29

Hi @EachPeachBaby,

What a lovely store. Beautiful photography. Love the "animation" for the 'hello world' section. Love that there's a call-to-action for WhatsApp and Contact Us.

Here's some feedback...

Homepage

• Add a unique unique value proposition above the fold. 

“A value proposition is a promise of value to be delivered. It’s the primary reason a prospect should buy from you. It’s also the #1 thing that determines whether people will bother reading more about your product or hit the back button. On your site, your value proposition is the main thing you need to test—if you get it right, it will be a huge boost.”

Resources for value prop design

Value proposition worksheet
Value Proposition Design book

• Update the "Shop Baby" call-to-action to be more specific, like the other call-to-action in the carousel, "Shop Shoes."

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.07.12 PM.png

• "Hello world! Welcome to our newest arrivals. COME PLAY." is hard to read as an overlay for some of the background images. I recommend updating the design so that it's easy to read no matter what - maybe by placing it in some kind of table with 75% opacity (or some other solution). 
  • Is "hello world" meant to be part of this section? (It's often included in templates.)

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.08.47 PM.png
  • Update the "Shop the trend" header to be more specific, maybe "shop springtime trends".

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.12.45 PM.png 

Product pages

• Include details about shipping directly underneath the "Add to Cart" button. Since there is free shipping once £60 is spent, it will encourage shoppers to add more items to the cart.

• Add copy to each product page in the form of storytelling (in addition to the product description). This is good practice for both SEO and conversions.

For example: on this product page on David's Teas for raspberry mojitos, the storytelling on the page is: "Is there any way to improve on fresh mint and tangy lime? Just add raspberries! Our juicy Raspberry Mojito iced tea is about to become your new go-to drink. It’s a bright pink tisane that’s fruity, minty and utterly refreshing. Served over ice with a splash of rum, this caffeine-free infusion tastes like a summer afternoon on a sunny Havana patio. In short, pure heaven."

Joanna Wiebe and Alaura Weaver share 11 storytelling elements:

A relatable protagonist/hero (your target customer)
A world (the emotional motivators)
A call to adventure (goal or problem to solve)
The stakes/refusal of the call (nightmare scenario)
A helper (your brand)
A magical item (your offer)
Crossing the first threshold (CTA)
The belly of the whale (onboarding/lead nurturing)
Road of trials (split-testing)
The happily ever after (future pacing)
The return (testimonials & brand advocacy)

• Gather and share more social proof in the form of product video reviews written reviews, and photos from customers.

More than 50% of shoppers say online video has helped them decide which brand or product to buy (Google).
67% of shoppers turn to video at least once before making a purchase (Moz).

• Ensure that you don't display any products that are sold out unless customers can share their e-mail address to be notified when the item will be back in stock. According to Justuno, 93% of consumers consider visual content to be the key deciding factor in a purchasing decision. 

• Ensure all photographs of products are in high-resolution. Also ensure that products are shown in context. For example, a t-shirt store would provide photography of people actually wearing their shirts instead of photography of just the shirts.

“About Us” page: 

Social media

• Be sure to mention your Instagram hashtag on your product pages as well if you haven't.

Screen Shot 2021-04-28 at 11.21.06 PM.png

FAQs

• It seems like "DO YOU SHIP OUTSIDE THE UK?" isn't actually answered. There's details about shipping but there should also be a yes/no answer as well.

SEO

• Ensure that your website meets the standards on Google Search Central.
  • For on-page SEO, add original, creative content to your home page and product pages.
  • For off-page SEO, get backlinks via partnerships, guest blogging, communities, social media.

Moz details Google SEO tips for 2021

• Favicon optimization
  • Breadcrumb optimization
  • Meta descriptions
  • Numbers in titles
  • <title> boilerplate
  • FAQ and how-to schema
  • Relaunch top content
  • Increase internal linking
  • Update old content with new links
  • Remove unnecessary links
  • Mobile link parity audit
  • Invest in long-form content
  • Use more headers
  • Leverage topic clusters
  • Bring content out of tabs
  • Core Web Vitals
  • Limit sitemaps to 10,000
  • Leverage dynamic sitemaps
  • Passive link acquisition
  • Page-level link intersect
  • Be the last click

Also, I shared 21 e-commerce trends for 2021 in the Shopify community in case you also want to check that out.

CMO @ Reeview.app. Reeview automatically finds, collects and displays authentic, user-generated product video reviews for Shopify stores. Using A.I. to manage user-generated videos at scale and beautiful video widgets placed directly where purchase decisions are made, Reeview increases conversions, shopper engagement and customer lifetime value.
0 Likes