Feedback on my online store http://brandnew-online.com/

Solved
RenRen
Tourist
5 1 0

Hello everyone!

I've just created my first online store and I would love to hear your feedback. 

you can view the store here:

http://brandnew-online.com/

I've been having quite a few visits, but no sales as yet. I'm quite new to shopify so any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! 

0 Likes
waytoapps
Explorer
89 10 42

Hello @RenRen 

Hope you are doing good. I went through your store and here are few tips which you can work on it.

Make a Sticky header for easy navigation on the header section.

Add Shop Now (CTA) button on the Home Banner.

Install a Nice background theme. As few product images are blended in the background theme.

Shift the Logo to the Top left so that it looks further good.

There is no terms and conditions checkbox at checkout. I suggest you to install an app from shopify app store which provides 'I agree to the Terms and Conditions' before checkout .As it makes easy for the customer to read your terms and policies.

If you are planning to sell on Etsy store consider our Etsy Integration app in the shopify app store

Thanks,
ShopList
Shopify-Etsy Integration.

Hi @RenRen,

My name is Richard - CRO Expert at PageFly Free Page Builder. I have spent time to look at your store and leave some constructive comments.  You can check out my comments below.

Home page

1. Sticky navigation menu

When you use a “sticky” navigation menu, it would “follow” your visitors as they scroll through the page. This feature makes browsing a website quick and easy. A visitor will find exactly what they would be looking for in no time flat. 

2. Hero banner

Hero banner is the first thing people will see when they visit your store. Consider adding a heading, a short description, a CTA button to introduce your store, what you sell, what values you offer, etc. Your heading text should be short but clear about your brand to hold people’s attention and encourage them to explore more. And a CTA button below will provide clear instructions on how to respond to your offer. 

RichardNguyen_0-1613595758232.png

Your header is tall, mainly because of the logo. You can follow this guide from Shopify to adjust the size of your logo. Your hero banner is not highlighted because it takes up less vertical space on your homepage, please also consider to use landscape images in the slideshow and they should be clear about what you sell on the site. 

3. Use the same image size

Please use the same image size to avoid the gap, with the optimal width to height ratio is a square. It's recommended by Shopify to upload the 2048 x 2048 pixels for product images, you can read more about it at: https://www.shopify.com/blog/image-sizes

RichardNguyen_1-1613595758155.png

4. Add Testimonials

Increase your brand's trust by adding reviews about your products. Product reviews are critical to the success of an online store. Customers find it helpful to have an overview of their interested items, but often online sellers can also use product reviews to help the new customers pick the right product size and fit.

Product page

1. Add product quantity

Please set minimum and maximum quantity for your products, this is to avoid understock or overstock, when it comes to inventory management. 

2. Use color swatches

Use color swatches to add more “visual” variations to your product page, which immediately show the user just what color variations are available. 

RichardNguyen_2-1613595758247.png

3. Use Tabs to show product information

Use Tabs in your product page to make it look well-ordered. By using Tabs, you help users easily find required product information by clicking on the related tab title, for example shipping policy, size chart, guide, material, and return policy. 

4. Include your shipping policy size guide

Don’t forget to include this important information in your product page. People should be clear about the product information before they can make a purchase. Don’t forget to use bullet points with plenty of white space to highlight your product features and increase readability. 

If you find it difficult to make changes to your storefront, you may want to take a look at PageFly - this page builder app will help you to build up store with no coding skill required, free subscription plan and 24/7 support.

If you find my comments helpful to you, please hit "Like" or mark it as a solution to let me know.

Have a nice day! 

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Twitter | Group | Youtube.
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2453 141 444

Hello @RenRen, I hope you are doing well! Congrats on the new store. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- There is a white space in the header on the homepage.

- Add categories in the header menu.

- Add a call to action button on the banner image of the homepage.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notifications, follow or share on social media, on birthdays, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email addresses. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action.

If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to try out the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.

Hope this Helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @RenRen,

Congratulations on launching your store! I've taken a look through and I have a few suggestions.

When you first land on your website, it's not immediately evident what you sell. Your logo and the photos and text you've put in your header are very generic and don't say "jewelry". I'd replace the photos in your banners with photos of your products instead with a line or two of text about it and then a call to action button such as "Shop Now".

You have quite a bit of whitespace at the top of your website, I'd eliminate this as much as possible so that your visitors are seeing (without scrolling down) what is most important - your products.

I'd recommend swapping out the bright green for a different shade, your current color is hard on the eyes against a white background.

screencapture-brandnew-online-2021-02-19-12_21_26.png

You are missing a "Shop" link. When your visitor leaves your homepage, they won't be able to get back to your products unless they remember to go back to the homepage first.

brand-new.png

You have a currency converter but currently only offer shipping to South Africa, I'm not sure if that was intended but I thought I'd mention it.

The next thing I'll touch on is your choice of products. This is something we see very commonly on the forums, people tend to start shops selling things like jewelry, clothing, tech and etc. The problem with this is that these types of items can be already be purchased offline in hundreds retail stores as well as online through thousands and thousands of online stores. So when a person is searching for a clothing item or a piece of jewelry in Google, these big companies with massive marketing budgets are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. A person can complete IF they give people a reason to purchase from them vs. the other guys. A good way to set yourself apart is to offer trending products. We show you how in this video:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
RenRen
Tourist
5 1 0

This is an accepted solution.

Wow thanks for all the feedback, it's really helpful and I'm going to implement all your suggestions. Thanks so much for taking the time to help me out.

0 Likes
RenRen
Tourist
5 1 0

Hi there, wow, thank you so so much! This is all so helpful. i'm implementing it all ASAP 

Quick question - iTrillion: if i install the $7 version, would that be fine to then uninstall other plug-ins? Does it cover all bases? Can you tell me a bit more about it.

Thank you

0 Likes
RenRen
Tourist
5 1 0

Thank you very much! I'm going to implement your suggestions!

0 Likes
RenRen
Tourist
5 1 0

Fantstic feedback! I really appreciate, definitely also going to have a look at PageFly. 

0 Likes