Feedback on my revamped store

Tourist
4 0 0

I'm looking for any and all feedback on my revamped store. 

www.ashleylozano.com

thanks so much

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Ashley,

As I  checked out your website a few ideas came to mind.

On the collections page: A filter may help the users in searching for more specific selections without having to go through a large list, and having the images all similar my be easier on the user. 

On Product Detail Page:

Having the different variants ( options ) as a clickable option instead of a dropdown ( can save a click ).

Hope this is helpful.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
119 12 25

Hi @AshleyLozano,

First of all, great job! I think you've done some wonderful work with the website and it checks all the right boxes in terms of what a great-looking online store should include. I don't have too much feedback as there really isn't much I can recommend, but there's a few tweaks you could make that might help a bit.

I love both the "Hello" message you have at the top of the site and the video you have that displays some of the products you offer, but I think the homepage would benefit from having these sections switched around. If you had the video at the top of the page, any visitors to the site would immediately see what it is that you sell without having to scroll - personally, I think this is the best way to pique a potential customer's interest. I love the "Hello" section that you have on the homepage, but as it's a fair few sentences it does require a minute or so to read, some customers might not want to be presented with a paragraph of text when they first arrive. By moving the video up and the text down, you'd be showing people immediately what it is that you sell, and then giving people who want to learn more the opportunity to do so by having the "Hello" text featured underneath.

One other thing about this text; it's grey, on a white background, which can make it somewhat difficult to read:

19-08-p1y3y-4dwgm

I would recommend choosing a different colour, or even just a darker shade of grey, as the font colour here. This will make it easier to read on the white background.

I also love the product images you have; they're well-taken and very clear, so customers will know what they're buying from you in great detail. However, one thing that I think would really add a professional touch would be to make the primary images more uniform in terms of their size and framing. I'll use your earrings collection as an example:

19-08-bjeof-4872h

You'll see here that there's a wide variety in terms of the images' aspect ratios - some are nearly square, others are taller than they are wide, and others wider than they are tall. If you were, for example, to have all of these images as perfect squares, they would look much more consistent and professional. That said, I will say the images themselves are all high quality, and given the amount of work this would require, this might be a project to consider down the road as opposed to an urgent change.

As I mentioned earlier, there isn't a whole lot else for me to recommend here as I think you've done a superb job with the website and the revamp has clearly been worthwhile! You can always tweak things over time, and you should never stop asking for feedback and looking to improve the site, but the store is certainly in a good state as of now. Also, as a side note, I love the idea behind the business and I wanted to wish you every success with it.

If you have any further questions, please let me know!

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Shopify Partner
85 3 14

Hi @AshleyLozano 

A few things you may want to look at:

- Image sizing. Keep them all the same size. If you don't it leads to odd structures in formatting - see a screenshot of the 'New' section below.

Ashley_Lozano_Jewelry_-_Personalized_Handmade_Sterling_Silver_Jewelry.png

- Image quality / consistency - some of the product images look great (second from left in above image) while the far left image looks less professional. Have a consistent style of imagery and stick to it. It builds a lot more trust on the site.

- I don't think the large paragraph and image above the fold is what you should lead with. This is the first thing consumers see. Have some great product images and a call to action. If you feel like you want to tell the story of the business move it to the an 'About Us' page. 

- Center the bottom newsletter signup (see below)

Banners_and_Alerts_and_Ashley_Lozano_Jewelry_-_Personalized_Handmade_Sterling_Silver_Jewelry.png

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
1 Like
Trailblazer
382 24 92

Hi Ashley, 

You store is styled good and works effeciently well. It looks unique but you can surely work on lot many things to improve overall feel of your store which will help you in gaining some trust to the visitor and will encourage them to stay longer which will eventually drive you through a lot better sales.

1. First section on the homepage is bit hazy and hard to read. You can add few more images to the full-width image section and move up the full-width image section to the top of the page and below that Hello section by the heading About us.
  2. Section with heading NEW has a very big font size and uneven size of images which does'nt look great. Same goes with Testimonials and Follow us , there is no symmetry around.
  3. There is lot of empty spaces around footer you can add NEWSLETTER section to the footer.
  4. Again on the collections page , uneven dimensions of images can be a letdown for a visitor.
  5. Also you are missing on login/logout feature which keeps the track record for a user.
  6. For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisements from the popular appKit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.
  7. Your search bar has an issue as the search query is not visible on other pages except homepage because of background. The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it does'nt works . You can show products on that page as well by simply updating the default search on the website with different search solution.
  8. Lastly, You have over 275 products. It is hard to find products for someone who is new to the store. I would strongly recommend to replace the default search with advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users. Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
1 Like
Tourist
4 0 0

Thank you all so much. I can't seem to reply to an individual person for whatever reason so I'll try to respond to everyone here:

I actually had the video at the top for the entire history of the site until the recent changes I made. When people saw the video first, they would become aggravated if it didn't load quickly and many reported that they didn't know they should scroll down. As most of my traffic is still driven directly by me and not organic (unfortunately). I feel it's important to let them know immediately that although my new site is geared a lot more toward memorial jewelry, that I offer so much more. In my line of work, it's also very important to build trust and not look like any other retailer I believe. I'm going to keep that portion where it is for the time being and may move it around one I'm able to bring in more organic followers. 

I appreciate each and every one of you taking the time to leave tips and review my store. There are some really fantastic notes in there and I'll be applying many of them immediately. Also.. I can't believe I didn't notice that I don't have a log in/your account area yet.

The different sizes of the images drives me batty, but from what I understand.. there is no easy fix and I can either spend days on it (and more time going forward with each image) or I can pay a few hundred bucks to have someone else do it for me. Unfortunately, neither are an option just yet but it's definitely on the list of things to do. 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 0

Thanks so much!

0 Likes
8 0 0

Overall I think your shopify store looks pretty good, But I noticed a couple of things that you might consider adding.

After looking I couldn't find a contact form. Adding a contact form could really help customers if they need help purchasing a product from you, or if they have any issues with returns

Another thing you might want to add is a sense of urgency. One of the main reasons why people don't buy from a store is because they feel like they can buy it whenever. A big thing that can help more of your visitors be turned into buyers would be by adding a sense of urgency to your store. One way to add urgency is to have a sale, and all sales need an end date. You can easily add a sale to your store with a countdown timer. One countdown timer that I recommend is https://apps.shopify.com/better-countdown .

Did you think about adding an always visible buy button. Your buy button is the most important button on your site and it should always be within the thumbs reach of the customer. Take a look at your store (especially on your phone), and try to easily find your buy button, especially when you are on the bottom of the page. If your buy button isn't always visible you are making it harder for your customer to buy. Consider adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales , it will help it make it easier for your customer to buy from you.

You know your store is actually quite good, and I think with just a bit of love and care, you will be able to really succeed.

Just so you know, I also created a tiny email series that has some tips on making your shopify store better https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course

0 Likes
Trailblazer
382 24 92

Thankyou for your kind words . Happy to help you.

@AshleyLozano wrote:

Thank you all so much. I can't seem to reply to an individual person for whatever reason so I'll try to respond to everyone here:

I actually had the video at the top for the entire history of the site until the recent changes I made. When people saw the video first, they would become aggravated if it didn't load quickly and many reported that they didn't know they should scroll down. As most of my traffic is still driven directly by me and not organic (unfortunately). I feel it's important to let them know immediately that although my new site is geared a lot more toward memorial jewelry, that I offer so much more. In my line of work, it's also very important to build trust and not look like any other retailer I believe. I'm going to keep that portion where it is for the time being and may move it around one I'm able to bring in more organic followers. 

I appreciate each and every one of you taking the time to leave tips and review my store. There are some really fantastic notes in there and I'll be applying many of them immediately. Also.. I can't believe I didn't notice that I don't have a log in/your account area yet.

The different sizes of the images drives me batty, but from what I understand.. there is no easy fix and I can either spend days on it (and more time going forward with each image) or I can pay a few hundred bucks to have someone else do it for me. Unfortunately, neither are an option just yet but it's definitely on the list of things to do. 

Were you able to download sparq?, You can get it from here. Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes