Feedback on my selfcare store

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hey guys. I opened my store around two months ago. I am having a lot of visits but no conversions. I think it might be because of how the store looks. I took the time to make scripts for each product and included descent quality pictures. I think I did a good job with that. Maybe it doesn't have much pointers as to who my products are for...and none buys as a result? Any feedback? Thank you.

https://thefirst-element.com/ 

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
36 0 11

Hello @Nicole_M, I hope you are doing fine!

Congratulations on your store! I understand how bad it is when you put in a lot of hard work and don't get results. Here my some advice for your page:

First of your store looks absolutely amazing no doubt there, the home page and layout visuals everything is great. But I was disappointed that you don't have a favicon or logo and also the footer is very huge, I hope you'll add them soon. Other than that I'd suggest if you try and make your store more engaging, introduce some offers. One thing that I found odd is that your product titles and their description don't live up to the store's amazing look, if the description is a little more organized it'd help customers understand better about the product. Lastly the product title a good product title should have all the essential information about the product take Amazon’s product titles for example. 

Moreover, I have checked the On-Page SEO rating of your website which isn’t good enough. You might want to work on that along with the products which have useless meta description as meta description and SEO rating vastly impact your store visibility on google and other possible interaction places. Also, the meta description plays an important role in attracting the right kind of traffic ultimately resulting in better sales. As you mentioned you did a lot of work on products scripts and all but if you don't have proper meta description they'll not rank in the search results.

I’d really suggest you try Descrii, they provide titles, descriptions, and meta descriptions for your products that’ll help your website to climb high in search rankings and ultimately gain more traffic and conversion. 

I hope this helps. 

Have a nice day!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Well, I've spent a few hours changing the home page and other details, specially the pictures. I'd appreciate feedback about it. I think it looks more professional now. I'll look into what you mentioned about meta descriptions. I had no idea! Thank you so much!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @Nicole_M,

Great job on what you've done so far. You can tell you've put a lot of thought into your writing.

We hear from a lot of store owners A LOT that they get a lot of traffic but no conversions. You are getting traffic but it's the wrong kind of traffic.

When I take a look at your product SEO, this is what I see and this is how it would show up in search results or social media shares:

firste-meta.png

By default, Shopify will take your product title and the description and add that into your SEO. To generate organic (free) traffic, you will need to incorporate the same words a person would use if they were trying to find a product like yours in Google. We’ve created a video walking you through how to do your SEO properly so that you can target your intended audience:

My other thought was surrounding your product choices - hair brushes, makeup sponges and makeup brushes are all very common and widely available. When choosing products for your store, I'd recommend selling something that isn't as easily accessible and that is currently trending.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up!

PS: If you need some graphics for your store for Black Friday, we just released a free pack. They look like this:

bf2020-forums.png

They come in 4 different colors and have percentage variations ranging from 20%-80% off. You can download them for free when you sign up for our email list.

Enjoy!

Best of luck!

FREE BLACK FRIDAY GRAPHICS FOR YOUR STORE
Great for store pop-ups or social media posts!
Pink, Orange, Red & Blue • Percentage off Variations Ranging from 20% - 80% off
Download for FREE!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
216 39 140

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @Nicole_M!  

I can tell that you’ve worked hard on your store, and it shows. It’s definitely frustrating when you get visitors but no sales. Let’s see what we can do.

Here are a few suggestions. 

Home Page

• In general, try to refocus the page on the products first. Get those great product images up top with an attractive headline that ties together your brand and the product. Most of the other page elements before you get into products are simply a barrier to purchase. Get that amazing 15% off offer up towards the top of the page as well.
  •  Use a heatmap tool to see where people are going on this page. Are they even scrolling down to your products? Are visitors clicking on your "Coming Soon" block anticipating it's linked to something?
  •  Use a session replay tool to watch visitors navigate from your home page to each product page and see what happens. If they're making it to a product page, that's great news! If not, see which page or part of the website is causing them to abandon.
  •  The brand introduction in your hero image, "tell us your story", "join us", and the large image carousel are all barriers to purchase. See if you can work all of this into your About Us page in addition to the cool story you're telling there already. Keep the home page as focused on the products as you can.
  • Remove "... & More (Coming Soon)" unless you want it to link to something that's coming or an email form for people to stay updated on your new products. If you do this, be sure to actually share out messages with new products to fulfill the promise.
  • When using photographs of models, avoid cutting off mouths when possible.
  • When mentioning social media channels, always link them directly to your brand's social page. In Join Us, there is an unlinked mention of your Instagram.

Collections

• Because your product line is very focused right now, the structure of collections feels unnecessary. Consider keeping everything within the products page until you add more products. Should you wish to keep Collections, I advise switching up your hero images. 
  • For example, https://thefirst-element.com/collections/all-things-hair has a hero image that's a close up of hair and is blurry. This may be distracting and make your site less professional than it really is to some visitors. 
  • Watch session recordings to see what happens when visitors land on this page. Do they leave? Do they navigate back to the home page?

Search

• Again, because your product line is very focused, I recommend removing this search option. This is more of a distraction than anything right now.

Review us

•  As mentioned on the Home Page discussion, consider removing this entirely. This is a great feedback option, but should be offered in a follow-up email to purchasers. 
  • Should you wish to keep this on the site, I recommend having the survey open in a new tab to keep visitors on your site.

About Us

• Consider removing the bold font and making the font size match the rest of the website.

Wrapping it up

• Your products and product images are really strong. Prioritize these first, especially on your home page.
  • Take the time to craft a primary message. Answer the question -- "What's the ONE thing I want my customers to know?" This could be as simple as, "Beauty + Selfcare made simple" or "Beautify products made for the whole self."
  •  It’s amazing that 10% of sales are donated. Use this as a thread for your brand on social media and on your website, but don’t let it distract from the goal of selling products. Maybe consider developing a blog focusing on the mental health side of beauty.

I can’t wait to see how your business grows and takes off. With visitor behavior to guide you through tools like heatmaps and session recordings, you’ll have the knowledge and insight you need to make lasting changes that result in more sales. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1402 71 238

Hello @Nicole_M, I hope you are doing well! here is the feedback on your store:

• The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed
  • Create a drop-down menu in the 'collections' of the header menu.
  • Content, the font isn't looking attractive on the banner image.
  • You should add a web push notification to retarget customers even when they are not in your store. It helps to bring back the losing customers to your store.
  • Add a loyalty program to entice customers coming to your store. Give them loyalty points on activities like signing up, allowing for push notification, leaving a review & many more. This will help you to increase repeat purchases.
  • Welcome customers with welcome & discount popup.
  • Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product.

Hope this helps!

If you are looking to implement customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

I implemented to my best knowledge all of the things you both suggested. I'll let you know how it goes. Thank you!!!! I am forever grateful!

1 Like