I would change a few things
I'd also change the theme. There is much better free themes on the market. I use this one HERE
Overall great start. Keep up the good work.
I would love to provide some recommendations for your store.
In general, your store looks so professional and good!
- The menu on the header should be bigger and bold to draw more attention to visitors. Currently, they have font-weight 400, you can increase it to 700.
- The logo "SLYKSHADES" also should be bigger
- The color of the Star Review should be changed into another color or make transparent for it
- The "Add to cart" button: you can add the "Thank you" message after visitors click on this button (before bringing them to the cart page).
This is one of the most important factors to make an online store good and run seamlessly.
You need to notice the page speed on both desktop and mobile devices. For example, check all images to make sure there are no big images or unused code from third-party apps.
Here is the article about page speed and how to have a good page speed for your store.
I hope my recommendations can help you in some ways. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know.
For an effective store SEO, you can set up efficient keywords, write compelling product descriptions, optimize your product images and optimize the store URL for search engine crawls. Apart from it, look into the below-mentioned tips for store improvement:
Overall good work! Keep it up.
Hi Josh! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)
I recommend optimizing the hero image - make sure to add a CTA [Shop Now!] text or a button in the image and link it with a relevant collection or a product. This way you’ll invite people to browse your collections, improve the time they spend on your website [important for SEO] and reduce the bounce rate:
I noticed that your product titles are very short:
The names are great btw! You need to think here also from Google perspective. A product name ‘Ebony Smoke’ doesn’t really give Google any information as to which search results to display this product. It will assume it’s a pair of sunglasses from the overall website content, but might have difficulty in displaying your product in more specific search results.
A much better title would be "Ebony Smoke Polarized Ladies Cat Eye Sunglasses" - it's much more specific, it describes the product to Google, and it would help you get found in more relevant search results, helping you attract traffic that converts.
There is a way around it - you can have stylish one word titles for your products as displayed on your website and more detailed SEO meta title as seen by the search engines - this way Google will see more SEO friendly and relevant title and therefore display your website in the most relevant searches.
When I clicked one of your collections, I found almost all of your products are sold out:
That can definitely affect your browsing experience and put potential shoppers off. Make sure to either remove the sold out products, or show them as the last ones, so people can view and buy the items in stock first. It would be much better for your sales if you organized your items this way.
Social media icons - make sure to open the icons in new tabs, so you don’t lose the valuable traffic. Please see how to do it in this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser
Here are a few guides that might help:
If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!
Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/
Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard
Hello @Joshua_Fitzmaur ,
I've taken a look at your store. Awesome site and nice products! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.
1. Add Home button at the starting of the main menu.
2. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged
3. A product description is missing in some product pages. Example: https://slykshades.com/collections/bracelets/products/mental-health-awareness-bracelet
4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.
5. Use the same font for the whole website.
6. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.
7. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.
8. Add more specific product title in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title unique and more specific.
9. Currently, you have the email newsletter section on Home page. Instead, add the section for email Newsletter in the footer.
10. Add filters in collection pages to helps your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)
Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. It used to take years to get your content found by Google and major search engines. You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.
Hope this was helpful!
You have a very dynamic and informative site. It feels quite professional and user-friendly. I think one staple thing you have to do is targeted ads.
Here are some tips to improve the site:
1) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
2)Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. Free plan is available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
Take care and stay healthy <3