Feedback on my shop

Highlighted
1 0 0
Www.slykshades.com

Hey all,

Just wanted to get some general feedback on the look and flow of my shop. Any tips for good apps or ways to improve seo, etc? Thanks so much!

Josh
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi Josh 

I would change a few things 

• Reviews Star Color (change to same as amazon)
  • Add to Cart Button (change to nice color that pops and grabs someones attention) 
  • Add Up-Sell Feature and add sticky at to cart bar to product page 

I'd also change the theme. There is much better free themes on the market. I use this one HERE

Overall great start. Keep up the good work. 

Cheers 

Clayton Bates 

Grab Most Detailed FREE Review --->LEARN MORE

Client VIDEO TESTIMONIALS --->VIEW

1 Like
Highlighted

Hi @Joshua_Fitzmaur 

I would love to provide some recommendations for your store. 

In general, your store looks so professional and good! 

DESIGN

- The menu on the header should be bigger and bold to draw more attention to visitors. Currently, they have font-weight 400, you can increase it to 700.

Polarized Wooden Sunglasses | Wood Watches | SLYK Shades 2020-04-20 09-04-59.png

- The logo "SLYKSHADES" also should be bigger 

Polarized Wooden Sunglasses | Wood Watches | SLYK Shades 2020-04-20 09-05-11.png

- The color of the Star Review should be changed into another color or make transparent for it

Bombshell | Wooden Cateye Sunglasses | SLYK Shades 2020-04-20 09-04-29.png

- The "Add to cart" button: you can add the "Thank you" message after visitors click on this button (before bringing them to the cart page).

PAGE SPEED

This is one of the most important factors to make an online store good and run seamlessly. 

You need to notice the page speed on both desktop and mobile devices. For example, check all images to make sure there are no big images or unused code from third-party apps.

You can check here https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fslykshades.com%2F&tab=desk...

Here is the article about page speed and how to have a good page speed for your store. 

I hope my recommendations can help you in some ways. If you have any questions, feel free to let me know. 
Cheers!

- Do you need to customize your landing page, product page, blog, coming soon, FAQ, about us pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1957 122 433

Hey Slykshades,

For an effective store SEO, you can set up efficient keywords, write compelling product descriptions, optimize your product images and optimize the store URL for search engine crawls. Apart from it, look into the below-mentioned tips for store improvement:

• The links like "Our story, Contact, Blog, etc which are already a part of the header need not be included in the footer. You can remove those links and make space for the newsletter in the footer only which looks quite logical.
  • Testimonials are proof of customer faith and trust. Hence, utilize the newsletter space for adding testimonials instead.
  • Including"promo offers" " using "catchy tag-line" like "Ends Today! 20% Off Friends & Family" OR Last chance to get 50% off as a part of your store header can encourage people to take you up on the offer.
  •  Include links to your Twitter, Linked In or any other social media business pages as well in the site footer for better social connectivity.
  • "Home button" is compulsary at the header menu beginning for better navigation to the homepage.
  • You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products. 

Overall good work! Keep it up.
Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 346

Hi Josh! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :) 

I recommend optimizing the hero image - make sure to add a CTA [Shop Now!] text or a button in the image and link it with a relevant collection or a product. This way you’ll invite people to browse your collections, improve the time they spend on your website [important for SEO] and reduce the bounce rate:

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 08.22.03.png

I noticed that your product titles are very short:

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 08.23.44.png

The names are great btw! You need to think here also from Google perspective. A product name ‘Ebony Smoke’ doesn’t really give Google any information as to which search results to display this product. It will assume it’s a pair of sunglasses from the overall website content, but might have difficulty in displaying your product in more specific search results.

A much better title would be "Ebony Smoke Polarized Ladies Cat Eye Sunglasses" - it's much more specific, it describes the product to Google, and it would help you get found in more relevant search results, helping you attract traffic that converts.

There is a way around it - you can have stylish one word titles for your products as displayed on your website and more detailed SEO meta title as seen by the search engines - this way Google will see more SEO friendly and relevant title and therefore display your website in the most relevant searches.

When I clicked one of your collections, I found almost all of your products are sold out:

Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 08.26.48.png

That can definitely affect your browsing experience and put potential shoppers off. Make sure to either remove the sold out products, or show them as the last ones, so people can view and buy the items in stock first. It would be much better for your sales if you organized your items this way.

Social media icons - make sure to open the icons in new tabs, so you don’t lose the valuable traffic. Please see how to do it in this helpful guide: https://help.shopify.com/en/themes/customization/navigation/open-external-links-in-new-browser 

Here are a few guides that might help:

If you found these tips useful, please like this post and leave a 5* review on my TrustPilot profile. Thank you!

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

1 Like
Highlighted
Trailblazer
192 33 51

You can test your page load speed here : https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

Capturem.JPG

Captured.JPG

The payment icons pile up to an untidy mess.

Capturef.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
307 23 83

Hello @Joshua_Fitzmaur ,

I've taken a look at your store. Awesome site and nice products! I've some suggestions to increase the conversion rate.

1. Add Home button at the starting of the main menu.

2. It would be nice if product images could be zoomed in / enlarged

3. A product description is missing in some product pages. Example: https://slykshades.com/collections/bracelets/products/mental-health-awareness-bracelet

4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

5. Use the same font for the whole website. 

6. Discounts and limited-time offers will help to increase sales.

7. Add Buy Now button which will simplify the purchasing process for consumers, improving their customer experience.

8. Add more specific product title in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title unique and more specific.

9. Currently, you have the email newsletter section on Home page. Instead, add the section for email Newsletter in the footer.

10. Add filters in collection pages to helps your visitors narrow in on the specific product they're looking for and find products they might be interested in based on certain features (e.g. size, color, category)

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To appear in search results though, Google has to first find your website content. It used to take years to get your content found by Google and major search engines. You can submit your store content regularly to all the major engines, or consider using a convenient tool like flare by Mansion Ecommerce. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. Plus! only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!

Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
387 34 155

Hi @Joshua_Fitzmaur 

You have a very dynamic and informative site. It feels quite professional and user-friendly. I think one staple thing you have to do is targeted ads.

Here are some tips to improve the site: 

1) Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

2)Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

For adding the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 10 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. Free plan is available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here
1 Like
Highlighted
5 0 0

Which payment merchant are you using? So far everyone has denied me because I am a smoke shop and I tried to get further information from Shopify customer Service and they said that’s beyond what they are responsible for

0 Likes