Feedback on my store. Anyone?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi, I have created my store under the "Minimal" theme. Anyone who would be kind enough to take some time to review my store? rugsaura.com

Constructive criticism would be highly appreciated so as to improve on my store going forward if any.

Thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @ykora your site is pretty good.

my suggestions for you are:

-add a possibility to add customers reviews with photos

Alex_e-Scraper_0-1597395690160.png

-your about page is awesome https://rugsaura.com/pages/about and unique, you may also add some photos or links to your social media profiles Nowadays buyers are a little bit scared about new stores... So this point adds more trust.

regards,
Alex with eScraper
Extract any data from any website into your Shopify store.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
442 48 97

Hi @ykora,

Hyde here from Shopify. Welcome to the platform and congratulations!

You've done a fantastic job and the rugs look lovely. It is because you've got such a great product that I would recommend you make it more of a feature on your home page with the right imagery and content.

There's plenty of information on How to customize your theme however, what I'm suggesting is adding sections to your theme that help you showcase your brand more. While I don't know which theme you're using, I can point out for example that many free Shopify themes will have an image with text section that you could add, which would look something like this:

20-08-i9d65-fzyq6

This would allow you to introduce yourselves and your mission statement with big imagery and concise copy on the homepage to grab attention straight away. Imagine if you had an opening section like this, for example, to tell visitors what you're about and start your pitch:

20-08-gdbg6-ref8c

Think too about adding content to your store to give a sense of your journey.

What content are you going to include in your ads or social media posts? Here are 11 ways to step up your content marketing game and a few tips on marketing to millennials, but really it goes without saying that blog posts and videos are big draws for your target audience.

So be sure to create a blog to share far and wide and establish your authority in your field, and add a video to your store that can also be easily shared and will pull people into your story so that they can make it their story.

I hope this all helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

All the best, Hyde.

Hyde | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
Excursionist
32 2 6

I have taken a look at your Store.Social media is one of the channels that enables you free promotion. Of course, if you publish ads among networks, you will pay, but the mere presence is free.but if you are facing problem of low sales and traffic, according to my experience you should use the application named Descrii, Description Generator application The Most Affordable Description Generator App, Unlimited Descriptions, Instant Results, Inbuild Rich Text Editor. Hope you like it. Link is here - https://bit.ly/descrii-premium
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey  DushyantSingh, thanks for the feedback. The app seems relatively new with only 4 reviews so far but its been positive and looks promising to me, I will definitely have a look at it. Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hello Hyde, 

Thank you for your feedback and useful insights. Very appreciative of the information that you have provided, and have already implemented that opening section. It is compelling and sure does help to create a very good pitch to hook the visitors with the story followed by an offer that creates value thereafter. Social media and content marketings are an added boost that I'm currently working right now and thanks again, will let you know if there's anything else. Cheers.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hey Alex,

Thank you for your feedback. Indeed, social proof not just from store reviews with UGC but also the number of followers and interactive engagements in social media definitely provides more assurance and trust among potential customers.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi @ykora, I just had a look at your product page: https://rugsaura.com/products/transitional-rug and have some suggestions for improvement!

1. Use color swatches as variant selector instead of a drop-down. Color swatches greatly enhance user experience in terms of visualizing the product. A study by Baymard Institute shows that a lot of people miss the drop-down even when it is placed near the Buy button - which usually drives attention. 

Example: 

swatches.png

2. Display or link to an easy-to-read return policy. When buying stuff online, customers might feel unsure about buying a product. Including a Return policy will give them the security they need and they will have more confidence buying your product. Right now I think your return policy is great; it can be even better if included in the product page.

Example: 

research-media-file-e1f8bc3d59b447b95a4e7e46cd43069a.png

3. Regarding Shipping, use delivery dates instead of delivery speed. I'm seeing "This product takes between 7-14 days to arrive" - which makes users calculate and research especially when they are considering shipping options, and still unsure. You can make it easier for them by letting them enter their zip code, then estimating the actual date of delivery.

Example: 

shipping.png

Those are my suggestions for your product page. You can learn more by referring to this article on Tips to Personalize Your Product Page. If you find my feedback helpful, please accept it as a solution! Best of luck.

- [Tutorial] How to customize Shopify product page: academy.pagefly.io/customize-shopify-product-pages
- Are you having problems customizing your Shopify pages? Check out PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder
1 Like