Feedback on my store - Artsian

IlianR
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello everyone,

I decided to launch that store 2 weeks ago. I use Google Ads and Facebook Ads, it drives traffic to my store but no sales for the moment. 

Could you please give me a feedback on my store ? Why do you think I don't have sales ?

Thank you for your time.

Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Feel free to post your URL on the forums or request your free website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/ 

Here are a few guides that might help:

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

0 Likes
GoogleAdsNinja
4 0 0

Where Can I see your store?

0 Likes
AlexC123
3 0 0

Hey, 

I'm new to shopify and recently started Drop Shipping. Currently on my store i have over 2500 sessions 100+ add to carts and initiate checkouts but 0 Sales. my traffic is target using facebook on my core audiences and i'm getting good click through rates and people engage well with my posts.

i have tried doing my own test sales and i cant see an issue anywhere on the site, i was wondering if you guys could see something i've missed out that's crucial or if i have set up my store wrong.

My store is https://forwardthinkingstore.com/ 

Any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks 

Alex

0 Likes
GoogleAdsNinja
4 0 0

Hi Alex,

I just went through your site all the way to right before checkout and it seems to be working fine on multiple browsers on my computer.  By test sales I assume you that mean you have successfully completed a purchase on your site.

First, I would check to make sure that all of the payment processors are working, try to complete a purchase with paypal, Gpay, and everything that you offer to verify its all working. 

Second, I would keep in mind that 100 add to carts with zero sales is odd but also a low enough number that it might not be statistically significant to validate that there is an error. 

Third, if you confirm that there is no technical errors then I would try split testing your check out page. For example you could try breaking your checkout page into 5 steps instead of 3, with each step being much shorter so that people are able move down your funnel with less friction. 

Finally, I noticed that you do not have Facebook Pixel on your site. I highly recommend looking into because otherwise you will be leaving a lot of money on the table. 

Hope this helps,

Cesar

0 Likes
AlexC123
3 0 0

Hi Cesar,

Thank you for your response!

I will do test purchases through all those methods and get back to you.

i will also look at braking down my checkout process, is there a guide to this i could follow you know of?

That's slightly worrying because i installed my pixel when i first launched the site and im registering data through Facebook businessmen Manager, do you think there could be an error somewhere? i ran this store ad a different brand before, do you think im worth creating a whole new store in case i have messed something up with the checkout process?

Thanks again for your help!

0 Likes
IlianR
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello, 

I forgot to put my url, sorry : https://artsian.net 

0 Likes

Even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store.

When our clients are looking to do paid ads on Google or Facebook. We recommend they start off on Google as you can target people based on what they are searching for. This means it's easier to get sales faster. You will need a Google Ads Account to run Google Search campaigns. After Google is working, we look at Facebook and setup a Dynamic Product Ads campaign on Facebook. 

Google Ads (AdWords) Account
This is where you run and manage your Google Search campaigns from. Make sure you turn on Auto-Tagging in your account. Also, you can link your Google Ads account with your Google Analytics account... this helps make sure data is shared between them. Hopefully you have setup your Google Analytics account already. Make sure your bids are not to high and you have a good account structure.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything.

Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase. Selling art online is harder as people have to really want what you sell in the moment. Here are some tweaks I would make to you product pages

Product Page  Feedback

1. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images. Adding images of the art hung in living rooms and around the house let people picture it in their home

2. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof and makes it easier for people to trust your brand. Ask past customers for reviews is a great way to get this started

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
IlianR
Tourist
5 0 3

Thank you very much for your answer ! :) It is really helpful. I will do the modifications and see what happens.

Rockpapercopy
Shopify Expert
1208 61 364

Hi there! Maggie, Shopify Expert here :)

Your store looks fantastic and I absolutely love your prints.

I noticed that your product titles are very short:

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 11.07.59.png

The names are great btw! You need to think here also from Google perspective. A product name ‘Geisha’ doesn’t really give Google any information as to which search results to display this product. It will assume it’s an art piece from the overall website content, but might have difficulty in displaying your product in more specific search results.

A much better title would be "Geisha Framed Poster Oriental Art" - it's much more specific, it describes the product to Google, and it would help you get found in more relevant search results, helping you attract traffic that converts.

There is a way around it - you can have stylish one-word titles for your products as displayed on your website and more detailed SEO meta title as seen by the search engines - this way Google will see more SEO friendly and relevant title and therefore display your website in the most relevant searches.

I noticed your Refund policy still contains default Shopify content, mentioning products you are not selling:

Screen Shot 2020-04-16 at 11.12.27.png

It might sabotage your SEO score due to the duplicate content issue. Make sure to write your own policy, which will also give you better control over the process - by the end of the day, you offer personalized items, so you cannot resell them after someone returns them.

Looking for a more detailed critique? Reserve your FREE website audit here: https://www.rockpapercopy.com/audit/

Best regards,

Maggie

Shopify Expert | Ecommerce SEO Wizard

Rock Paper Copy