I've gone live and started doing paid Facebook advertising this week. Getting plenty of visitors to the website, but no sales as of yet.
Any constructive feedback would be very welcome
My website is available here: www.bamboosmiths.com
EDIT: Please view on your mobile if you can, as 99% of my views are mobile views and my site is optimised for being viewed that way. Being totally honest, the number of users viewing on computer is >1% so I'm not looking to make huge strides to improve the desktop website experience.
Thanks in advance,
Hi @Matt_W89 !
Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!
1. Add a clear CTA to your hero banner.
2. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder.
3. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
4. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
5. The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that.
6. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad?
Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
7. I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from
8. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try Growave.
We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc.
There is a free plan available.
Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.
I suggest to learn the market as it becomes easier for you to identify the target customers and then draft an effective marketing strategy which may help position your business among the target audience.
Facebook is a very visual platform and you need to make sure that your ads are good at catching the eyes of your custom audience. You can tell that your ad creative is performing poorly if your ad has a low CTR. The average CTR on Facebook is 0.9%.
Facebook ads can be a great way to increase traffic numbers for your website. However, if you have yet to see an adequate return on investment, it may just be that you’re making some common mistakes leading up to getting your custom audience to your landing page.
I just reviewed your store. I think you should do some improvements on your store also.
Speed - To increase visitors and sales you need to work on your website performance’s speed as I am seeing it is very low, 45%. It should be above 60%. Also, you need to optimize website images. It will improve the user experience. Fast page load time will also boost the website’s crawl rate.
Homepage: Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. Homepage content should be strategically decided. You can add more sections on home page such as ‘blogs’, offers & discount banners’ to engage users. Also, Include trust indicators on the homepage.
Product Page: Product page formatting could be more organized. It should be nicely spaced so that buyers find it visually appealing. You can display the extended details using tabs rather than a chunk of text. Think about how you can concisely convey and highlight the most important information. You can insert images into a carousel.
Put Effort Into Online Reviews & Social Proof: Social media Makes your visible and it expands conversion such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are great platforms for marketing and connecting with customers.
Live Chat Support: Integrate live chat support on your website. A website with no live chat is like a store with no sales assistant. Start a conversation with your visitors and turn them into happy customers.
These few tweaks can really benefit your store and improve your sales, I hope my feedback will help you!!!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask!!
Thank you so much!
I have changed the largest picture files into smaller ones which should help the speed.
You're right about the formatting on the product page, I want it to be better and clearer / more visually appealing. I'll work on that this week
I've also added a GIF to the product page for my hot product (the AirPod cases) to try and draw in customer's attention.
I'll look into Live Chat too. My issue is I can't guarantee an immediate response which would be poor customer service..
Please keep the feedback coming guys!
Hello @Matt_W89 ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you. I hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.
Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:
That being said - not all traffic is equal. So there can be a few reasons for no conversions (a) You’re sending the wrong people to your website. OR (b) There are issues with your website experience.
What kind of targeting are you using on FB? Is it sending the kind of ideal prospects you want to your store? I think you should do an audit of that data.
It might be the quality of traffic which is the bottleneck, since your website is good overall. Figure out which it is and make changes accordingly - and I think you’ll be on your way to more conversions!
I’ve written a blog around reducing bounce rates and increasing conversion (sales). It might be of help to you, linking it here.
Thank you so much @Sajay !
Some great constructive feedback there
I'm adding a Facebook Chat icon to the webpages which may help the trust of the website.
I'm actually about to update the Homepage next. I've been focusing on the Product pages but I think I've almost nailed those. I'll be sure to make what I sell an obvious feature before any need to scroll.
I'll be sure to read your blog today. Thanks for that - any pointers are much appreciated.