Feedback on my store - Exotic Film Cameras + Accessories

2 0 0

www.luxleathercameras.com

I need feedback on store design and strategies to grow the site. From the start, the main products were refurbished 35mm film cameras "reskinned" with new and colored leather covers. However, this has proven time-consuming (i.e. the goal is passive income, <10 hours/week) and not profitable by itself. I recognize these products' attraction and utilize them in advertising, but they will no longer be the singular focus of the site. 

I am currently expanding the product line to include photography accessories that are handmade, unique and/or colorful/vibrant. This is accomplished via the dropshipping site AliExpress (e.g. our backpack line) and via the Multi-Vendor Marketplace Shopify app (e.g. camera straps). The camera backpack space is crowded but has proven some promise despite zero paid advertising (i.e. 3 orders/ 2 months). There are many more product options on AliExpress but quality is an issue and I risk diluting my posture as a catalog of unique camera accessories. Are there better alternatives to AliExpress? As a new and untrusted store, should I price my products lower so as to reduce the apparent risk to the customer?

The Multi-Vendor Marketplace app allows (obviously) other vendors to upload products to my site. I receive a percentage of the sale price when an item sells. This helps fulfill the goal of supplying unique camera accessories that AliExpress cannot. However, convincing vendors that my site is superior to Etsy, Ebay or their own site will be difficult. I can present myself as a niche space for these types of products, but that may be unconvincing with only ~2K instagram followers, <1K facebook followers, poor SEO and ~ 40 unique visitors per day.  

We run recurring Facebook ads, which showcase our refurbished film cameras. Instragram is the highest referrer, while SE is the lowest (see image). SEO has, obviously, not been our focus. We've invested most of our time into our Instagram page and into finding IG influencers who will supply us with product images, advertising, and reviews. We no longer run email marketing. 

Additional requested feedback:

1. What do you think of the store's name? The word "lux" is both a type of high-quality leather and a measurement of illumination/light. Regrettable, this name was chosen after little research. There are many negatives (e.g. "lux" is a generic name for many companies/products, it's long/confusing, it doesn't reflect the store's image). I have a list of possible alternatives but I'd like to hear your guys' feedback first. 

2. What do you think of the store's message? How would you solidify that message? Our "story" page is admittedly unconvincing and vague. 

3. How can we improve customer trust?

I sincerely appreciate whatever feedback you may have! Thank you for reading and happy selling!

Sessions by Referrer.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted

Building a brand takes time and if you want to make this work, you can not expect overnight success. Passive income rarely exists...anything making money takes time out of your week. I would stay away from the Multi-Vendor Marketplace app until you have a band. The name is fine overall... when I think of lux, I think of Luxury goods.  Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Add links to your footer for return/refund, contact us, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. If you going to sell cameras, straps, bags...ect. Make each collection a main menu link

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add links to your shipping and return/refund policy on each product page

2. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thank you for the feedback, especially regarding carousels. It makes sense why they'd be ineffective.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
222 17 64

I believe that if you could change the email address on your store to more branded one, I mean changing that "@gmail.com" would look more professional I believe.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes