Feedback on my store. Help!!!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi!

I started a clothing brand a couple months ago and it's called UrbanFits (www.urbanfits.shop). It is heavily focused on men's fashion and how to help people style themselves using a style blog, instagram style inspirations, and clothing outfit combos on the store. I am having trouble bringing traffic to the stores AND converting them into orders. I have an instagram account for the company here. Nothing I do seems to bring customers. I am a little tight on money so preferably it would be nice to have solutions free of cost. 

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 2

I'm in a similar position to you, so take my advice for what it's worth.

• The info you have on stuff like beard shaving and workouts is good, to me it helps separate your store from a run of the mill clothing website. However I would consider moving some of it to your secondary page on how to dress. The homepage feels really long. I think sections like "Accessories" could stay on the front, since the button at the end directs you to product, but the advice feels like something you link to on the sidebar - or you could keep it all on the homepage, but I would edit it all down to a hot point or two, with a link to the full article on another page.
  • The IG content is really good too. Legitimate advice that someone could find interesting and worth a follow. No one wants to follow a social media account that just pushes product straight foward. But helpful advice? Much better shot. Have you looked into Twitter at all? Your text advice posts on IG seem like they're tailormade for Twitter.
  • Something to help push conversions could help. Either a "flash sale" or an expiring promo or something. I recently was looking at a "Coupon Wheel" in the app store that people spun when they landed on your site. You could win free shipping, $5 off, etc. Then you set an expiration time countdown for the promo code. Or I see you already have some items listed as "on sale" - see if you can add an end date or countdown.
  • On the individual collections like Streetwear, is it possible to group them like all the watches next to each other, or all the sunglasses together, etc. Not necessarily creating a new separate collection, but just keeping them close to each other. If I click on it now, I find a watch on page 1,2, and 3. Can they all be on the same page together so it feels more organized?
  • There feels like too much empty space on the home page. I would look to tighten up the spacing between different sections so it all feels like it flows together.
  • Since you and your style are the focus of the business, maybe consider adding a section specifically about yourself or maybe some photos. You have a lot of good advice, but adding some personal touches could help. Show me why I should be taking your fashion advice.
SoxZoo.com - Free Shipping on All Orders
Highlighted

Hi @dyashik 

Congrats on your store, I do believe you have put lots of efforts to make your brand standout. As a customer, I'd have more interest on brand like that. I have some suggestions for you in terms of bringing traffic and optimizing conversion rate:

About Traffic:

- Instagram is a nice channel for clothing brand, but it will take time: 

Currently, the grid isn't very consistent: the fonts, the font size, the word limit on a picture (some posts have so many words) => You can try 1 education post (style guide) and 1 post of your product then repeat the order, it'd be nicer.

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 10.43.30.png

- Work with a micro influencers in your target market ( someone with 1,000 to 100,000 followers) and quote their feedbacks on your feed: Social proof is very important and it's even crucial for new brand to gain trust from audience. With a tight budget, I'd prefer micro influencers over ads.

- Writing Blogs as it's good as your store's SEO (but it will take time too)

About conversion rate

HOME PAGE

- There's no keyword on the Home page's above the fold area that mentions 'Man' or related keywords: It's important because it's the very 1st thing a visitor sees when they land on your store and your 1st chance to impress them

=> Instead of "Introducing UrbanFit's collection", you can either say something like "Be the most stylish man with UrbanFit" or use an image that has more 'man' element in it. 

PageFly_0-1603770852427.png

- Check your link: When I clicked on "Shop the Drop NOW", I got a 404 error; also I couldn't find the 'drop' collection from the menu navigation

- Feature your product on Home page: Right now, the home page is content heavy and I couldn't find any product image => Visitors don't know how your products look like and they can leave before looking at any of your product => Feature your best products under the Collections section.

- Break down the content into several paragraph to help your visitors scan and check your spacing

PageFly_1-1603771891283.png

- Add testimonials: it will help increase trust

PRODUCT PAGE

- Add Return and Refund information: Your visitors will feel safer when they buy from you

- Pay attention to the Product Image: Dark background makes your discount badge invisible and try to use image with same size for a more polished look

PageFly_2-1603772156125.png

I really like that you have estimated delivery date in the product description, it's very helpful

Hope this helps, if my answer is helpful, please Like it, thank you

Also, as the Holiday 2020 is coming, our app PageFly Page Builder has really nice features to boost conversion rate that you can use from the Free plan, let's check it out https://pagefly.link/xgnHycpy 

Happy selling!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Use the Christmas template to skyrocket your sales.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
Highlighted

Hi @dyashik, this is Richard - CRO Expert from PageFly. 

I've spent time looking at your store and would like to leave some constructive comments. Hope you will find these recommendations useful for you. 

Firstly, you should check the page speed to see it runs fast or slow. This is a tool I use: https://analyze.speedboostr.com/result/fshmz3zjak. You can check your site's result through that link and identify which part of your site needs improvements.

Here are some other comments of mine:

1. Set color to different sections on your Homepage so they can differentiate from each other (which facilitates customer to read through more efficiently) Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 11.13.50.png
  2. The CTA Section needs to be more outstanding

Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 11.30.23.png

3. The long section about tips to dress I think you should write them as blog post (and add the link direct to each blog posts on the homepage) rather than write long content on homepage and make it tiresome for visitors to scroll to the end of your page 
  4.  You dont have a Footer at the moment. Consider to add Footer with Delivery Policy, Returning Policy

5. You should have a Testimonial section on the homepage
  6. Since your shop is in clothing industry, it is of importance to add Color Variant, Ratings to the Collection List. Also, add a secondary hover image for each product is a good move and I think the style of product image should be consistent.Screen Shot 2020-10-27 at 11.47.53.png
  7. I suggest you use the Load More schema instead of Pagination loading schema, it is better to use on the phone and combine that with lazy loading will make your page faster
  8. Include a 'Back to Top' button
  9. Include Rating, Reviews, Social Proof in your Product Page
  10. Additional pictures should be from different angles

Thats all for now. Hope these recommendations can help you to better your store. I don't know which app you're using to build your store but you can try the app I'm working on - PageFly. Check this article to know what can PageFly do to help you maximize the effectiveness of Shopify home page.

If you find my comments useful, you can like or mark it as solution. Have a nice day! 

CRO Expert at PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Use the Christmas template to skyrocket your sales.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube.
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
790 17 223

Hi @dyashik !

The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1547 77 263

Hello @dyashik, I hope you are doing good! Here are some suggestions and improvements that you need to work on:-

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

Slideshow Image- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add quick links in the footer which include shipping policy, refund and exchange policy, privacy policy. Provide contact us information throughout the website. 

- Add categories in the header menu. Make your store easy to navigate.

Paid Ads will help you to bring traffic to your store. To convert that traffic into paying customers by increasing customer engagement in your store, here are some suggestions:-

• Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.
  • Set up Newsletter Subscription with automatic emails with thankyou and discount coupon.
  • Set up Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart page.
  • Enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.

To implement these tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion.com.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Also, check out this blog to know that How to Convert Site Visitors into Paying Customers.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
430 16 93

Hi @dyashik welcome to Shopify community 

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times.

1. Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.

2. Good navigation provides an improved user experience leading to more sales and revenue. Add a top navigation bar with the product catalog broken down into different collections & categories so that customers can quickly browse and reach their desired products faster. Also, have an auto-complete and suggestion feature in the search bar so that it provides an extra helping hand to relatable collections and products will also be useful.

3. Shopify store owners made sales worth over $2.9 Billion during BFCM 2019. This year according to a Google report, "People will discover and buy online even more" and most of them will shop at local, small businesses. 
It’s past time to prepare your Shopify store for the biggest shopping weekend in the United States!

Now this year may not be exactly the same. Customer priorities and buying behavior has changed SIGNIFICANTLY this year, thanks to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Read more in our blog here to get a complete rundown of how to Increase Black Friday Cyber Monday Sales with Your Shopify Store Experience.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!