Feedback on my store. Just got my first order! Want to improve further and ask for advice.

Solved
Mustafa110
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi everybody,

Hope everyones doing well and staying safe. Im just writing here to talk about my new Shopify website called Fadedge. This website name holds our main one product which is called the Fadedge Trimmer. I have put alot of effort into making this website by myself and within 2-3 days i had completed the website fully. I then starting to advertise via Instagram Influencers and it is today where i had just recieved my first order! Im very excited and pleased to have recieved an order in a good short space amount of time.

The problem is however my main concern is of how many sessions i had recieved just to get that one order. Below is all my stats of my website:

Screenshot 2021-01-25 at 14.07.22.pngScreenshot 2021-01-25 at 14.07.34.pngScreenshot 2021-01-25 at 14.07.42.png

Im very grateful to have recieved my order however im looking to improve on conversion. I see that on my Online Store Conversion Rate, that there were a few people that actually were interested and were almost ready to pay, but they didn't. Out of a total of 14, only 1 made the purchase. 

So what im asking is that for any experts with great experience look at my website and analyse to see whats good and what needs improving. This would help me greatly as i do take feedback well.

The website is : www.fadedge.store

If you guys can reply back and give some advice as to what to improve on and convert more then i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for taking the time to read what i had to say and i look forward to hearing your feedback!

Mustafa

0 Likes
Arunesh
Explorer
74 6 28

Hey @Mustafa110  

Happy New Year! Hope you are doing well.

Your store looks quite alluring and professional. I've gone through your store thoroughly and I must say I found the user experience very rich and friendly. The website has been designed very meticulously and I am sure, it will be a hit in no time. 

There are very few stores like that of yours on the internet having such a beautiful concept. But I think even a website such elegant as yours need some marketing. Marketing and promotion are the second most important jobs to be done, once you've launched your website.

• You should, however, reduce the size of your brand logo.
  • You might also want to shift your product from the bottom of the page to the top of the Home page above all the paragraphs.

We at Descrii offer similar services to start-ups at a very reasonable price range. Our team consists of some very talented professionals. And we will be obliged if you give us a chance to be a part of the beautiful journey of your store that lies ahead. 

Arunesh Kumar

Marketing Officer, Descrii 

Visit Our Website-  https://descrii.tech/

Find us on Shopify store-  https://apps.shopify.com/descrii-smart-descriptions

Contact-  hello@descrii.tech

Descrii Description Generator
Regards and Well Wishes!
Kindly leave a Like if it helped you in any way.

This is an accepted solution.

Hey Mustafa (@Mustafa110),

A big congratulations on launching your store and on your first order!

I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions:

The first thing I felt was missing were some photos of models who had used the Fadedge trimmer. Getting a sense of what the end result would be would be great. This could be a content marketing strategy for you - create mini videos on different looks achieved with the Fadedge trimmer.

The other thing I would suggest is working on your product description and the text on your homepage. 

One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. This point leads me into my next suggestion which is..

Fadedge.png

Your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. A common mistake in SEO is using the wrong words. You have to include words that a person trying to find your product would search in Google. We created a video walking you through how to do your SEO:

When you add an item to cart, there is no link reaction. It had me clicking several times (thinking something was wrong). The notice isn't noticeable enough. Also, because of the colors chosen, there is now a black dot covering the cart icon which makes it difficult to see as well. 

Fadedge2.png

When I get to cart, the currency changes back to it's default currency (I had previously selected CAD).

Fadedge3.png

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution.

Again, congratulations and we wish you all the best!

Have a struggling store and want to talk to talk to us 1-1? Need store tweaks? Email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com
Mustafa110
Tourist
3 0 1

Hi Arunesh,

Thank you for taking the time to review my website and give your experienced opinion. It means alot! 

I have immediately took ur advice and have put my main product at the top of the site, therefore showing viewers that this will be the first thing they see. 

I will also be looking to create a smaller brand logo in the near future.

I have had a look at your website and can say im very impressed with what you offer. Its really good and compelling and i really appreciate your offer however i do think that now wouldn't really be the best time for me to invest in ur great idea until i can prove that my business can become well established. If i do feel interested i will not hesitate to contact you further and place an order but for now i will take your advice and ur recommendations ahead and look to improve from there.

Again, thank you so much Arunesh for taking the time out to leave some feedback and i highly appreciate all the points you have said. 

I wish you the best for the future!

0 Likes
Mustafa110
Tourist
3 0 1

Hey EcomGeeks,

Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review and assess my website to find any improvements, which you have in great explanations!

I completely agree with everything you have said and assessed. There is some grammatical issues with the product description. This could potentially push customers away as it can be seen as unprofessional and untrustworthy. So the first thing i will do is analyse my description again and look to start with some eye catching lines to hook viewers into reading the complete description.

I do actually have an ad that i had someone make for me and i will attach is below this message, however when i tried to post the video on my Shopify website it would not allow me to. Im not sure why but i will look to implement that aswell. It contains a few people using the trimmer and showing good fades and overall is a great video. That was the video which gave my website its attention. I will look to implement more pictures instead of videos just like you say.

The SEO was definitely not what i thought was priority but after watching your video explaining into detail how it works and the benefits, it is certainly a key area to look at. I will go through your video again and again to almost perfect the same style in which you have suggested and i will be looking to improve that much further too. 

The item to cart colour scheme is understandable but i do think that it would really give the website a strange look if i was to include say green for example as the colour. Because the website is going for a black and white minimalistic look, i believe it would look unattractive to majority of people, considering some of the colours will stay on the site completely, regardless if the item has reached in the cart or not. Nevertheless, i will definitely give it a go and work around it using the colour scheme and i will look to improve that further. 

Lastly, the currency change is something which i will look into aswell and i do believe that is a big issue for conversion. This is because i had recieved 11 people reach checkout and only 1 out of the 11 that actually purchased. Its also important for me to say that the person who bought my product is from Germany who therefore uses Euros, which assumes to me that there was a few Europeans who did not appreciate the currency change at checkout. I will look into more detail on that and try amend those mistakes.

Again, thank you so much for such detailed and descriptive feedback. It really does mean alot and i have took all of your advice into note and i will look to improve much further in the near future.

I hope you have an amazing 2021 and wish you the best for you and your team. 

Thank you EcomGeeks!