Feedback on my store Look & Feel ----- Please be critical with an acid tongue

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi Folks,

I am about to launch another division to my existing business, which is my hobby and passion, camping, 4wd, and outdoor activities. You guessed it, the division is selling those activities products via an ecommerce presence. 

I am an engineer, and do realize that my skills are solving techincal and accounting issues, I can't design to save my life. But since Shopify was able to let me loose on my creative skills, I have come up with this so far. Please, please be critical, as I am toying with the idea of employing a user interface/user experience agency, which is a sizeable investment which can be used to drive traffic to the website, but if they, and people leave due to lack of user experience, i.e bounce rate....I made the wrong decision. If not, then I can up my budget on the social media campaign. 

Outdoor-Outfitter.net

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
220 25 48

Hey @!

Cal here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. I've taken a look at your store and you've done some nice work so far! There are some suggestions I'd like to make if you're looking to really make the best of your online business, without overwhelming you: 

- Your landing page needs a lot more content. I don't know anything about the business, I don't know what it's selling or what it's branding message is. What's the mission statement? Create an About Us and put some of the excerpts on your landing page introducing your store to your customers. You could also send the products to some bloggers to review, and put their testimonials on your landing page, adding further credibility to the site. 

- You need to create privacy, shipping and return policies, and place these in the footer: (http://bit.ly/2MdDzrw).  

- You should also add a contact us page, so customers can get in touch should they have any queries: (http://bit.ly/31TZYyK). 

There is still lots to be done on the store to make it feel like a living, breathing business that your potential customers will engage with. How are you planning to market the business? 

Cal | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
413 21 84

Hi @vanhack 

Really good job on launching your store. I think there isn't a ton to change, but I'm going to nitpick anyways, because there is always room for improvement :D.

After browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a FAQ section. Adding an FAQ section to your store can help your customer more easily be able to find a solution to their problems without asking you. This will help long into the future so you don't need to spend so much time on customer support

After carefully reviewing I don't see a return policy. A return policy can help your customers know what to do in case something goes wrong. If you include one it can help increase trust and thus increase sales.

Did you think about adding an always visible buy button. One of the biggest reasons people don't buy from online stores is because it's a hassle to checkout. We want to be able to reduce all friction that could potentially cause a customer not to buy. I recommend adding https://apps.shopify.com/better-sticky-checkout-button-increase-your-sales to your site. It's an app that will make your buy button always visible. If they buy button isn't always visible on your site, your customer will have a hard time trying to buy from you. And even if they still are able to checkout, it can go a long way in helping them have a positive experience on your site.

Another thing you might want to add is reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

Another thing you might want to add is a support email address. If you are able to add a support email address, that's easily visible it helps your customer know that they will be able to reach out to you if they have any questions.

In addition to that, after browsing your store I noticed I wasn't able to find a blog. If you had a blog you would be able to drive more organic traffic to your store, plus it would help establish yourself as an expert.

Another thing you might want to add is a contact form. If you have a contact form it will help add trust to your store, and the more trust you can build with your customers, the more likely they will be to buy from you.

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help.

If you found this review useful I created an email course here https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course where you can learn more ways to convert your customers

0 Likes