Feedback on my store/Looking to increase traffic and reach

Highlighted

Hello Everyone!

Here in hopes that I might be able to get some feedback on my site in an effort to start building my visibility more. I have had the site up since January, but looking to now really get more visibility and start popping up on Google searches and things of that nature. I have done everything on my own to this point, but I feel there are likely some things I need to do more of - in addition to more products.

My website is: southernbarbecueboys.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
763 17 218

Hi @SouthernBBQBoys !

In your blog - you can post interesting recipes by using your sauces.

I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.

Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.

The items in your store are something that every person will need in their lives. Therefore, I recommend using a Referral program by Growave to give your customers an opportunity of sharing your products with friends and getting rewarded for that. 

The items on your store are something that will most likely be purchased by one person several times. For better customer retention I recommend using Rewards program by Growave, that will give out various discounts depending on how much a person has spent on your store or how many actions he/she has completed (left a review, shared the site, created an account, etc.)

Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
Highlighted

Hi @SouthernBBQBoys 

This is PageFly. I would love to share my recommendations for your store and I hope this can help you with my conversion rate optimization and design experiment.

In the first few words, I have to say that you are doing really well because you have a sticky header. The sticky header helps customers to access the search bar and others on the menu whenever they scroll up or down.

You also invest in high-quality images, this is a good point for an online store to increase the trust and also helps for the conversion rate.

However, I have some recommendations and hope to help you to make your store better.

Add a favicon to your store.

1. Home page

This is one of the great things to make your store unique. You can check this tutorial here https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/online-store/os/using-themes/change-the-layout/theme-settings/add...

1.1 Add a call to action button on the image banner of the slideshow

Southern Barbecue Boys 2020-10-27 17-33-19.png

You have 2 banner images on the slideshow but none of them has a call to action button, it's not good. 

• A primary call to action button is one of the important things for a home page of an online store. With this button, you will redirect customers to the page you want them to take action mostly. It can redirect to a collection page, or a product page, etc. This really helps to increase the conversion rate for your store.

1.2  Introduce your store

On the home page, customers want to know more information about your store so I highly recommend you should add a section with images and text to talk about your store/ brand.

I include my template example here so you can consult the structure and design

Centic R2 – PageFly 2020-09-25 08-37-39.png

1.3 Add a headline for the collections

You are displaying 2 collections of your store on the home page, this is good. However, you should add a heading for it, this is also good for SEO as well

1.4 Add featured products/ 

Showing more products of two collections helps to increase the conversion rate for your store. Customers can see a wide range of products and this encourages them to take action.

With the headline "Featured product" and you can add a discount above, then under the headline, you can show more products. The image below is from my example template for the upcoming halloween season so you can consult.

Sugar Rush – PageFly 2020-10-27 17-43-12.png

1.5 Add more customer's review

People love proof, especially when they visit a store and see many good reviews, they will be willing to shop!

I see that you have only 1 review so I recommend you can add more. You can check the available testimonial element here, just drag and drop it and you can edit as you want. 

So you should add testimonial/product reviews on your store. They can be placed for each product or even a review collection on your home page.

1.6 Add social media

You can consider adding your store's social such as Instagram, etc with images. This is a good way to connect you better with your customers and keep them updating.

I also notice that you put your store's social media on the footer but it is less attractive, therefore I recommend you should add social media account with images, for example, Facebook or Instagram feed. 

You can consult my new landing page here if you want to have more ideas.

2. Product page

I take this page for example https://southernbarbecueboys.com/collections/sauces/products/tillmans-bbq-competition-brew

2.1 Add more 3-5 images from multiple angles

Showing a product from multiple angles helps customers have a full understanding as if they are checking and looking at it in person. Each angle must be unique and show new information about your product, this encourages customers to take action and increase more trust as well.

With this product, you can add some photos of dishes that use the sauce to make it more colorful and professional.

2.2 Review the product description

I recommend you should add more information about the product, especially the ingredients of the product.

And you can structure the description with bullet points and block of text. And you can highlight the important phrases. 

A page builder would be a good choice for you to have attractive and powerful pages quickly and you will have lots more time focusing on marketing strategies, so you can consider checking PageFly.

In the holiday season such as Black Friday, Cyber Monday, etc, I prepared a master guide with unique marketing tips and some checklists to help to most out of those holidays.

Above are my recommendations for your store and it's really important to customize attractive and unique pages to increase conversion rate. 

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or mark as a solution. Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers!

PageFly. 

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- PageFly Page Builder: Website | Facebook | LinkedIn | Group | Youtube
- [Tutorial] Get more tips on using PageFly to soar sales this season
- [Master Guides]: Get Your Shopify Store Ready for Black Friday
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1480 75 251

Hello @SouthernBBQBoys, here are some suggestions & feedback that you can work on:-

The home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

Slideshow Image ( with CTA button)- Collection List- New arrivals, Bestsellers- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box- Instagram Feed

- Add categories in the header menu to make your store easy to navigate. For eg. Create the heading Sauces and Seasoning & rubs separately in the header and then create a drop-down menu under those categories. 

- Set up Product recommendations on product pages as well as cart page.

-Display reviews and testimonials, Whether you’ve got Google reviews, Facebook ratings, or simply positive comments that customers have emailed to you, make sure you creatively showcase them on your store. You can create a separate review page. I would recommend you to add a button on your homepage so that every new visitor can get a glance.

- Add chatbot- You should welcome new visitors, boost your customer engagement, deliver personalized recommendations and much more. Give customers instant answers 24/7 with the help of the live ChatBot.

Start giving loyalty points on activities like on signing up, allowing for push notifications, visiting a store, leaving a review. This will help you to entice your visitors and will also increase the number of push subscribers, reviews, newsletter subscribers. A loyalty program helps in increasing sales and increase the retention rate.

Add a referral program, it helps in increasing sales and creates brand awareness. You can ask your customers to refer a product to their friends and family. When the product is referred by some known, people tend to purchase the product. The referral program helps in increasing sales. You can give a reward for referring the product.

- Add announcement bars and timers to attract more customers and highlight important information. 

To implement these tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion.com.

I am also happy to assist you in setting up the above features in your store. Looking forward to your reply soon.

We are happy to help sellers to increase sales in this BFCM.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes
Highlighted
Pathfinder
99 7 32

Hi @SouthernBBQBoys 

I would suggest try adding a marketing a video to your homepage. Homepage carries the first impression and video holds great value to capture a great first impression. The video can be a simple one showcasing your products and highlighting your brand positioning. Add a live chat widget to your store, you can add Facebook messenger widget to kickstart it. For conversions, I would suggest to integrate an email marketing mechanism so that you can retarget your potential customers through email reminders and notifications.

Once you start getting your initial sales, add a sales notification pop up to real-time sales notifications to your potential audience, this will help in establishing social proof for your products.

Also, do share weekly blogs to keep the ball rolling for website SEO and it will also help in sharing some exciting information with your audience tips and latest trends revolving around your products. 

To implement some in-store marketing tactics for conversions boost, you can try CareCart. Good Luck 

Abandoned Cart Recovery by Email: https://apps.shopify.com/partners/care-cart
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
428 16 92

Hi @SouthernBBQBoys welcome to Shopify community

Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. Free shipping is the biggest enticement for shopping online. And I see that free shipping isn't an option right now. So either you can provide free shipping as Standard (normal delivery), and shipping charges applied for Expedited (faster delivery)| or you could provide free shipping for orders above a certain value. Either of these, it will help you get more sales/increase conversions. 

Add a Wishlist to your website. They are a great way to alert customers about a sale, drive traffic to your site. Also, you can do more target oriented email campaigns. Also, Add to Cart and Checkout Page needs to have a bit more planning - like giving users a visual checkout process, and an option to continue shopping from the checkout page.

Show off the products: People tend to rely on engaging visuals to help drive their purchases. Since online buyers do not have the option to experience your products in-person, it's important to draw them in with great product photos, and right now your images are of low-res and small. More on visual cues that can help make your store a better shopping experience can be read here.

4. Adding product stickers/trust badges can help increase your sales by tapping into powerful psychological triggers such as scarcity, social proof, and urgency. Also having graphic and personalized stickers on products will help grab attention of customers easily and nudge them to purchase.

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
404 42 134

Hi @SouthernBBQBoys

Your products are good and I think you need to take this advantage. 

- You can see the announcement bar is having the same color as the products. This can make the banners look quite annoying. So I think you need to consider changing the design. 

Also, your banners need to have CTA buttons and messages to guide your customers to a specific shopping page. 

ConveyLego0612_0-1603857612476.png

- Need to add the title for your collection section. 

ConveyLego0612_1-1603857917574.png

- I think your homepage is lacking in some parts, and here are some I think that you need to add:

+ Banners but with messages and CTA buttons 

+ Featured products section 

+ Collection list (you've already had)

+ Key features of your products

+ Our story 

+ Instagram gallery

I've seen your Instagram account and it has so much good content. So you can show your Instagram content by having an Instagram gallery. 

Check this app Shoppable Instagram Gallery. It will help you create a gallery with ease and also make it shoppable. 

- On your product pages, I think you need to add:

+ More product photos

+ Detailed description. The ingredients section is very important. 

+ Upsell and cross-sell methods. 

ConveyLego0612_3-1603858703726.png

- You can consider having live chat to improve your customer service. Whatsapp can be a good channel to chat with your customers. 

App WhatsApp Chat & Abandoned Cart will help you do that with ease. Also, it's totally free. 

Hope this helps!

Happy selling, 

Member of AllFetch - eCommerce Order Fulfillment Service.
We offer many solutions to help store owners grow their Shopify businesses.

If my answer is helpful, click Like and Mark it as an Accepted Solution to let me know!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you all for the feedback.

Some of the things you have mentioned make total sense an I will look to make improvements. I will work on the improvements on the home page in the banners with Call to Action buttons. Are those template specific or are we referring to adding just an additional rotational banner image with text indication the CTA.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 2

hi could you have a look at my store please 

0 Likes