Feedback on my store - Lost Messages Art

Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

I would love some feedback on my store - www.lostmessagesart.com

I started doing this a couple months ago, and have had a few sales. I am pretty sure my store is not as good as it could be, and would like to know what I could do to improve it. Any feedback is welcome.

Thanks!

Cristina

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
222 17 64

Hi there, 

Nice logo :)

Get Terms of use, Shipping policy, and Refund policy pages and links at the footer

Consider replacing "Full Catalog" with "Shop" in order to encourage users to hit it.

Align the social sharing button on the product pages or just use logos instead of wording. The appearance on the mobile view will get better as well

Reviews page doesn't contain any info as well (probably due to the fact that there are no reviews yet) But if you can make it something like this:reviewspage.png

Will grant an option to reviews your site as well.

Hope it helps

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
1 Like
Tourist
10 0 1

Thank you! I appreciate the feedback.

I will make those changes later today. I went ahead and changed the full catalog to shop.

I actually do have reviews, I did not realize they were not showing though. I fixed that now. 

If anyone else has some feedback, feel free to let me know.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
472 47 238

Hi lostmessagesart,

General

• Increase the visibility of your collections will make it easier for your visitors to navigate your store. The easier they can find the products, the higher the chance they will make a purchase.
  • I don't see a shipping policy, return policy or privacy policy page. All of that is important information customers look for when making a purchase.

Homepage

• I noticed that you have a newsletter subscription box. I would suggest adding a bonus (such as a discount code) to entice your site visitor to sign up.
  • I absolutely love the featured images in your homepage slider. Consider adding a short tagline and a call to action to each image with info on what you are offering.

Product

• Product page looks really good with top quality images.
  • Product descriptions need to do more than simply describe the product. Product descriptions need to sell your products! Your customers should feel like they need that product after reading your product description.

Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

If you need more detailed feedback, you can use our free analyzer tool. To use tool please click here.

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hi Cristina! Maggie, Shopify Partner here :)

Technically your website is nicely organized, it needs a stronger welcome message on the homepage.

Your logo is catchy, although the sliding images definitely will benefit from the redesign and stronger CTA. If you have a person wearing one of your T-shirts, this kind of image will be much more relatable and engaging with visitors.

Also, use stronger CTA [call to action] to encourage people to click and browse your collections.

The newsletter sign up form takes quite a lot of space:

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 11.29.33.png

You can easily reduce it to a single promo panel, and also use a stronger tagline + CTA here to encourage people to sign up to your newsletter.

Your About Us page is authentic, engaging and fun to browse - excellent!

Contact us page looks excellent - make sure to hyperlink your email address for a one-click contact - see how to do it below - or follow the step-by-step instructions here: how to hyperlink email address.

Make sure to add trust signals as well: Shipping policy and returns policy. These can also help you improve your conversion rate. Many online shoppers often look for this info before placing an order, to find out the shipping cost, or contact details, so having these pages easy to find can also help you boost your conversion rate.

Your products look very authentic and unique, which is excellent.

Consider showing the product description in full. Having parts of it hidden under ‘Read more’ button can affect your user experience [people will have to do all the work clicking the buttons to reveal each description, which may seem like an overkill for most shoppers]:

Screen Shot 2019-05-08 at 11.33.40.png

it can also affect your SEO. Any text wrapped in the tab or evolving button is not accessible by the search engines, and therefore they cannot crawl it and rank it.

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

1 Like
Highlighted

Great and easy looking brand you have. Plus it is a clean looking site. Sites always evolve and they are never done... always look for ways to make it better. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. Add links to your footer for return/refund, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

3. I would make your collection pages as links on your main menu

Product Page Feedback

1. Move the sizing chart information off your product pages and make a new page for this. That way you can link to it from your product pages and in the footer. This will clean up your page and make it look more professional

2. Remove "Sale Ends Once The Timer Hits Zero" as it makes the store look tacky

3. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

4. I would add your 100% secure to your footer if you want to keep it. Does not make sense on your product page

5. For the art and sticker products, I would add more items under the Related Products section to help increase your average order value

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
10 0 1

Thank you everyone for you're very nice words - it has put me in a great mood today.

As for the changes, I agree and believe they make sense. I have implemented most of them now. I am, however, very bad at writing product descriptions/in general. How do I get better at doing this? 

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted

@lostmessagesart wrote:

Thank you everyone for you're very nice words - it has put me in a great mood today.

As for the changes, I agree and believe they make sense. I have implemented most of them now. I am, however, very bad at writing and making people convinced that they need my product in their lives. How do I get better at doing this? 

Thanks!

A lot of sites have someone to write product descriptions and copy for the site...among other writing jobs. If you don't have the funds to hire someone. Think about copy that makes you want to buy something online. What did you like and not like about that product copy? Then put your own spin and voice on it. This is a journey and you have to start somewhere. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
472 47 238

Hi,

I recommend to read this blog post

https://www.shopify.com/blog/8211159-9-simple-ways-to-write-product-descriptions-that-sell

FnLabs?

We are specialized in app development and theme customization for Shopify Stores. Our focus is on providing customizable and user-friendly apps to help store owners grow their business.
1 Like
Highlighted

Very good shop.. i sugest you also make some links to others shops about art.
Try to write better description about your products.

0 Likes