Feedback on my store - My Purry Friends

8 0 0

Hi,

Our store has been up and running for 6 weeks now but we are not getting sales or even add to carts.

We get 50-100 clicks/day but they don't seem to convert into sales.

I'd love some feedback on our product pages or other tips to convert our clicks into purchases.

http://mypurryfriends.com

Thanks a lot!

0 Likes

Your website looks great! Love the colors. Your layout reminds me of a Toys R Us for pets. I can tell you actually put thought into the design, layout, and placement, and images. It shows, and your store looks both professional and trustworthy.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
87 3 14

Hi @MyPurryFriends ,

By clicks I presume you mean on your ads, so the 50-100 clicks / day can equate to 50-100 visitors / day on your site.

Using the low end of that estimate (50 / day) - over 6 weeks that is 2,100 website visitors. Using a low conversion rate (1%) I would have expected > 20 sales and probably >100 'add to carts'. Please correct me if I'm made some incorrect assumptions about traffic.

Having a quick look at your site, there is nothing obvious I see that would be preventing sales. This suggests the source of the problem is probably with the quality of traffic.

Where is traffic coming from (paid, organic, etc)?

If paid, how are you targeting users?

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
0 Likes
Trailblazer
541 33 129

Hi Found design ,

Congratulations for the new store .Your store looks really colorful and has a nice tempo throughout. I can confront you to some of things you wants to change ,  if you like as it will help you in improving UI and overall functionalities to become more user friendly . Also it will build additional level of trust with the customer and drive you a lot better sales.

1. I will like to see you getting a full width banner , as empty space does'nt look good .So better make it edge to edge for better looks.
  2. Even add some interesting things as your homepage is quite monotonus like some testimonials or some instagram images which will take you to your account.
  3. Further to increase your average order value you can add another section of Frequently Bought/Clicked/Trending/Bestselling products on your home page.
  4. Also in footer , you can add Privacy and Terms of service to 1st column and social links to the third .
  5. Make sure your social media pages opened at the new tab instead of the same tab. This will ensure your customers stay on your website while looking at your social presence.
  6. Add a few more images for your products as well a little longer description, as it will influence someone better to go for the product.
  7. Also since you have just started you can have some promotional activity on the site, offer some discounts and add referral code that can help the first time user to gain discount on second order.

8. For better traffic and sales , you can Run some advertisement from the popular app Kit . Kit is the extra set of hands you’ve been looking for to help with marketing your store. As your FREE virtual employee, Kit will recommend the marketing activities most likely to drive sales.

9. Checkout Boost let you increase checkouts and prevent cart abandonment . Incentivise customers with irresistible offers that boost your checkout rate by 25%+.

10. Baymard Institute cites that more than 68% of online shopping carts are abandoned. If you're suffering from lots of traffic and little sales due to abandoned carts, you're not the only one— and PushOwl could be the answer you're looking for. Automated abandoned cart push notifications can help you increase sales and re-engage visitors to your site who have left.
  11. You have around 70 prouducts, I'm pretty sure you'll be adding few more soon ,it can sometimes make it hard to find the right product with the type of theme you have so I would suggest you A smart search . The default search landing page is bit off, I mean it is  empty  https://mypurryfriends.com/search?type=product&q= . Improving your search, experience has shown to improve conversion rates and reduce the bounce rate for your visitors.

12. Try using Sparq which allows advanced filters, typo tolerance and other such feature. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.They offer a free App under 100 products .You Should look for that APP , it is user friendly and easy to use .Check out the features live here.

I hope my feedback will help you converting visitors into customers.

May it rains customers and orders,

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes
8 0 0

Hi @mccaly ,

Thanks for replying!

Our facebook ads don't run every day so we are at about 900 visitors over the last 6 weeks with 15 add to carts.

Our main conversion event was view content to get some data in our pixel.

I mainly used audiences based on cat interests + engaged shoppers in US & CA.

I've started to create lookalike audiences based on my website traffic which gives me a low CPC but higher CPM.

Kr,

Lou

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
87 3 14

Hi @MyPurryFriends ,

With 900 visitors I'd be expecting 10-30 conversions and certainly more than 15 add-to-carts.

What does the drop off between a user landing on the site and adding to cart look like. For example, what % of people leave the site after visiting the landing page, how many make it to a product page, etc?

If you can map the flow of users you might be able to see what part of the site is the leaky bucket....

- Andrew
kickpay.com - Intelligent inventory finance.
0 Likes
Trailblazer
541 33 129

Thankyou for your kind words . Happy to help you.

Were you able to download sparq?, You can get it from here. Let me know if you need any help.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user friendly and feature rich search
0 Likes