My shopify store has been up and running for about 4 years and we are making some great sales. We sell eco friendly yoga mats and are based in Australia.
To ensure we are continually looking to improve I was hoping to seek feedback on my website from the shopify community. We only sell a couple of products so its a pretty simple website to have a look at at.
I'd really appreciate any feedback.
Hi @Ben_O_Brien !
Congratulations on your store! You have done a really great job! I like it.
1. I like your theme and layout - logo, background colors, and overall the theme of the store looks very nice for me. You have a good hero banner - nice high-quality pictures, that resonate with your brand, and you did it right by placing the "shop now" button on it.
2. I found your items quite pricy, but on the homepage, you explained the reason for it. "We make a commitment to the planet with each and every mat we produce. 100% natural rubber and jute, 100% sustainability, 100% eco-friendly, 100% non-toxic, ethically sourced material, amazing durability, carbon-neutral delivery. These are just some of the reasons you can feel good about buying (and why we love producing) the best eco yoga mat in Australia." So, people understand, that all the products are natural ones.
3. Add blog page - post interesting and useful information about yoga, natural and eco-friendly materials, and so on. Make it very useful and eye-catchy. It will help you to represent your brand and increase site visibility.
4. You have a lot of followers on your Instagram account - as we all know social media nowadays is very powerful. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
5. You have only 3 products, add more of them. Customers should always have a lot of options to choose from. Keep them interested in your brand.
6. Your product descriptions are very informative and detailed. Work on the keywords, it affects SEO.
7. 90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential for every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site. You can use Growave for that, it offers automated emails within the Reviews feature as well.
8. Check the "one tree planted" organization. Some of the Shopify stores cooperate with this organization, as it supports the idea of natural products and saving the environment. https://onetreeplanted.org/ - check this website. As you will work with them - One dollar plants one tree. You can put this info on homepage, so your users will know, what you are doing for an environment and Planet itself.
9. Sing up to our mailing list - you can show this info as a "pop-up" window - and use this space for an Instagram gallery.
10. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.
11. When it comes to single-item stores it might be challenging driving traffic and have sales because the market for that product might not be too big. That is why I advise working in partnership with other companies that sell complementary products or services.
12. Without further ado, I came to an opinion that you will find our app Growave quite useful. I do not want to sound salesy or offer you something you do not need, but I truly think that it will help improve the functionality of the app.
Hopefully, I managed to help you.
Hello @Ben_O_Brien ,
I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you.
I hope our feedback helps you.
Use to live in Melbourne and miss those days a lot lately. Being back in the cold Winters of Canada sucks some days. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase. Our agency works with a lot of DTC and ecommerce brands, so this is where my feedback is coming from.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know
Hi @Ben_O_Brien welcome to Shopify family
Hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,
1. The website feels empty and lacks character, I think an addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
2. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
3. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well. Ask your customers to rate your products as this will help build trust and loyalty for the brand.
4. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window.
5. The addition of most viewed or most liked section on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review. A search feature on your homepage will give easy access to customers as more than 50% of users on a landing page head straight to search box to navigate the site.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
I hope this helps!