Hi. I just went live with my first Shopify store. It was initially created for me in the Mika theme, and now I've invested a lot of time in improving it. . . .although tempted to switch to Debut or something simpler.
I welcome feedback. I know there are a few problems already that I have spent hours trying to resolve & cannot (such as a slider that isn't a slider, just a single image because I'm having trouble with image sizing, which when leaves an enormous amount of white space below it. . . and the still large amount of white space below the large image, but I decided to go live with it any way, until I can figure it out.)
Knowing all of that, I would appreciate any/all constructive feedback, as well as recommendations on who/where to turn for troubleshooting, potential help.
In particular, I'm interested in feedback on a making the home page, best sellers and featured product areas more compelling? But all suggestions welcome. Thank you.
I think you did great job with your hero banner image, even though it is not a slider, it still sets a positive mood to your site. Congrats on a starting eCom:)
Your online store is definitely on a right path, the theme, the color scheme, the quality of images-it is all looking good. I am sure with a couple of changes and additions to your store, you will start seeing profit.
Here are my observations:
1) According to your About us story and brand name, you are mostly focusing on running leashes. If so, I highly recommend categorizing your products into Running and Other, or even create several categories (ex. Leashes, for Dog parents, Treats, Pretty Puppy etc), If you do that, make sure you have categories section on homepage below the hero banner
2) Show your customers how passionate you are. Let people know that you offer things to people based on your dog parenting experience. For that, add some photos of you and your dog on About us page. If you have some nice pictures of your dog, use them as a banner image.
3) Add social engagement. Most of the visitors make their first purchase based on reviews. I personally, always rely on reviews if I am new to a site.
I recommend installing Growave marketing app, that has Reviews, Rewards, Wishlist, Social login all in one. There are discount for new businesses and a free plan there as well.
Also, if you have Social media accounts make sure to link them on your site instead of default Shopify links.
I think that is it for now, if I see something else I will add that as well.
Hopefully, I managed to help you, if so please let me know by liking this post.
The best of luck!
Hey See Spot Run Wild,
A unique header template should be created to highlight discounts or shipping offers if any. Some other points to be observed while optimizing your store for a better look are as follows:
Hope the store optimization gives you positive results.
Hi Jennhb !
I have gone through your site. Though it looks good, there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.
HEADER & FOOTER :
A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive. Example of Nice Home page
COLLECTION PAGE :
Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer Example of Good Collection Page
PRODUCT PAGE :
CART PAGE :
3.Proper setup shipping, taxes -- Set up shipping and taxes options for different areas/countries or for particular products.
Hope these suggestions are useful for you. If any issue let me know.
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients
Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
Hey @jennhb ,
1. The first fold of the website should always have a call to action in it -
And here’s why; in most cases placing the CTA above the fold works wonders for your campaigns. This placement immediately draws your visitors’ attention to your CTA which is always good for conversions.
2. Engage your visitors coming on your site by giving loyalty reward points which will increase repeat purchase and customer lifetime value. You can add a chatbot to make sure you never lose any of your customers. You can add web push notification which will help you to retarget your customers anytime even when they are not in your store. Add reviews to build trust with other visitors. This will help you to run your store smoothly and decrease the bounce rate and will capture your visitors and convert them into prospective or paying customers.
3. Add a referral program. Referral marketing is a cost-effective way to gain new and loyal customers. Because people are social creatures, individuals that are referred to your company are much more likely to remain loyal customers.
If you would like to implement all these I would suggest you to install AiTrillion.com It has all the features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. It is all in one Shopify app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
My Pleasure! Happy to help you.
1. If you've got a large inventory with various product collections, you can't expect your customers to go through the entire store to find something they want. The findability is crucial to sales funnel: the faster a shopper finds what he's looking for, the more likely he is to purchase. Filtering can provide better user experience, increase their focus on displayed items on the store, and ultimately, help merchants to sell more. Product filters can significantly improve your conversion rate. With Ultimate Search and Filter you can create different product filtering navigation for your collections (filter products by Product attributes such as Product type, collection, vendor, product tag, variants), Color Swatch Display, Merge values, Price slider, Product count for filter value, Breadcrumb trail (selected filter values).
2. You could consider using Autocomplete for the search box. Ultimate Search and Filter offers instant search, autocomplete, typo tolerance, synonyms search. It would act as an aggressive sales assistant that improves your customers' satisfaction and increase conversion rates.
3. Consider using Merchandising to get more profit. The right digital merchandising strategy can engage your shoppers, guide them toward enticing products, and boost your sales, which is the dream for any online retailers. You can pin and boost high-margin or sale items, bury products that most sizes are out of stock, display promotional banners on collection.