Feedback on my store - So So Gay. Men's fashion, UK based store.

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi everyone,

I know this seems to be the most popular type of thread at the moment, but I was hoping for a store review - some honest feedback from people who don't spend all day looking at my site would be really appreciated!

The site is store.sosogay.co.uk. I launched just over a month ago, with the intention of selling men's fashion - underwear, clubwear etc, aimed at gay men in the UK. It's a scene I know well from a personal perspective. However what's brought success is the fact all the brands I wanted to stock are producing designer face masks and these are selling extremely well - they've just become mandatory in shops in Scotland, and will be in England next week too. Of course, this is just a temporary lift, eventually, I'm going to have to go back to focusing on the other lines - I hope that by that point, I will have figured out how to market them well. Almost all of my products are stock that I have and send out the next day, but some are printed on demand. I don't really like the style of these but last week I sold out of almost all of my stock before more arrived so needed some product which was 'available'. Typically, I sell more of those than anything else! So I'm going to expand with more custom t-shirts etc in the I can expand on that.

Just in the past week - other than the days I was out of stock for most lines - I've reached between 2 and 5% conversion rate each day which is mind-blowing for me. It took me a few weeks - at first, I was getting just one or two sales a day, but leaning into face masks definitely helped. As I say, I'm not sure this will continue for long, so I'm really keen to optimise my site now while things are going well.

Some background... I'm using the Warehouse theme, after a few false starts with themes I bought on Themeforest. I think it looks pretty smart. I'm using Klavyo for newsletter signups and abandoned cart emails plus a weekly campaign newsletter that usually gets a few sales. That's the only front end app I'm using at the moment I think.

One thing I've recently done is separating variants out into individual products. I found with the face masks, it wasn't obvious from the category page that there were multiple options, so the picture would make it look like there was just a single colour. I know some themes can show colour swatches on the category pages but this one didn't. I'd like to automatically have a 'Also available in blue, green, pink and black' which links to the other options. I'd also to have some kind of bundle/upsell on the product pages, 'Often bought together...' type thing.

On the back end I'm using Order Printer Templates so I think the products come looking really professional with a nice invoice and returns form. I've also customised all the outgoing emails with OrderlyEmails (from the same developer) so again those look super smart and branded.

(Humourous side note about getting started - I originally thought I was going to do well on things like basic sex toys, but my Facebook ads got removed (and my account got blocked for a day because Shopify uploaded my catalogue and Kit tried to set up an ad featuring it. So now I have a load of stock that I'll keep until real life events are happening again)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1769 111 319

Dear CasparAremi,

Congratulations for your store!!

I’ve gone through your store and found that there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales. Here is a page-by-page/sectional review of your site:

• Add newsletter sign up at footer
  • Mobile Speed Need to Improve, Currently 23-30  . you need to improve website speed to make it more user-friendly for both device desktop and mobile. 
  • Add favicon
  • Banners need to improve in home page. Also need to add call to action
  • Human Touch : About you and your business - Highlight what makes you different and personalize your offerings when you write about your brand in a custom About Us section.Example of Nice Home page
  • Add Promotional banner on collection page - You can show images of featured, bestseller or popular products on the collection page banner. Example of Good Collection Page
  • Index your all product at Google
  • Do some basic on page SEO
  • Product page layout needs to improve.  Example of Ideal Product Page 
  • Do Cart Page Modification : discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, trust badges, etc. - Personalize your customer's shopping experience with these features on your cart page.

If you need help please contact us.

Best Regards
MS Web Designer | MS Web International | Task4Store
Contact Us: https://www.task4store.com/pages/contact-us OR task4store@mswebdesigner.com
9.9/10 Customer Rating | 1000+ Happy Clients | 100% Satisfaction Or Money Back Guarantee
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
330 13 65

Hi @CasparAremi welcome to Shopify store

Hope you're thriving through this CoVid crisis. You have a really pretty neat and well-maintained store

After taking a look at your website, I would like to point out a couple of feedbacks:

1. You really have a colorful banner image according to my suggestion adding high-resolution images with a sliding feature will help to attract the audience as banner images decide the theme of the website. Also, the addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description
2. Engaging the audience by writing a blog with good titles and posting them on different social media platforms will help out to reach put masses and in brand promotion. This also creates the impression that you are the most knowledgeable person and will look up to you for further knowledge.
3. I really like the characterization of products done on the homepage coming to the product category page a minimum of 3-4 images must be added to the product details section this helps the customer get to review the product from various angles.
4. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products.
5. The addition of most viewed or most liked sections on your homepage will significantly increase the percentage of gallery review. A search feature on your homepage will give easy access to customers as more than 50% of users on a landing page head straight to search box to navigate the site.
6. A wishlist allows shoppers to create personalized collections of products they want to buy and save them in their user account for future reference. Wishlists
 signify a customer's interest in a product without an immediate intent to purchase.
7. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.
(Attaching one of your product image as refernce)
image_png_311733986.png

I hope this helps!

Munawar.

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes