Feedback on my store - Thank you

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi All,

Website; https://www.wellspentgent.com - We offer affordable men's accessories such as ties, cufflinks etc..

First time poster, I launched my store around 2 weeks ago and have been getting a steady stream of orders.. 

I'm getting around 300 visits per week.  I've got a 2.35% conversion rate, my main stream of traffic is coming from FB and IG ads with a few coming from organic Google + adwords but want to ramp these figures up.. 

I'm open to all feedback on the store, marketing and anything that can help grow the store.

Some of my initial thoughts after reading the forums would be to not make products 'sale' items and keep them all as fixed prices.

Thanks for your time!

Best,

Nathan @ Well Spent Gent

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
1151 57 343

Hi Nathan,

Great looking store and an impressive conversion rate! Well done - in your case, if you want to improve sales, I wouldn't change anything in terms of the setup, it's already working to your benefit. I would simply double the ad budget, as with your existing conversion rate, both ads and website are already working to your benefit, so all you need to do now is double the traffic to double the sales :) 

Learn how to run insanely profitable online store from day #1 | Join the Masterclass: http://www.rockpapercopy.com/shopify-masterclass/

0 Likes
Highlighted

Congrats on getting your store this far. If you want to improve your store then you need to a/b test ideas of how you can improve the store's look and feel. Or you need to a/b test your advertising creative (images and ad copy) on Facebook or your ad copy on Google Ads (AdWords). Here are some ways to improve your store:

Homepage Feedback

1. I would test removing your FAQ & about us from the main menu. You already have them in the footer

2. You don't use a carousels right now and that's good as carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates . Continue to stay away from using them

3. I would add your shipping, return/refund, contact us and other important links to your footer

4. Look at a/b testing your homepage layout in the future... one idea could be having your testimonials higher on the page. Does that help drive more sales?

5. I found this tie info page, maybe this could be a page in the footer where you talk about how all your products are made. You don't usually want to have to many links between your homepage and the products... especially since you already have this tie collection page I get to next

Product Page Feedback

1. Add your return/refund as links on each product page. 

2. Test removing the "Checkout securely with"  messaging... makes your store look cheap

3. Try to make all your product images have a theme / style consistency is great for building your brand. Plus also try to have 3 - 5 images per product page.

4. Add longer product description as this is how you sell more product. Plus it can help with your SEO

5. Add a section of most viewed/bought products to the bottom of every product page. You want to keep people on your site as long as possible

6. Add a section for customer views on product pages once you get enough to display them. This helps build trust

Keep making improvements to your store.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
1 Like
Highlighted
4 0 0
Thanks so much, it’s been a long time in the making so glad to hear the feedback, do you have any tips on Facebook ads as I’m getting such a hit and miss on ads it’s hard to tell what’s working!
0 Likes
4 0 0
Thanks for the comprehensive feedback, I will look at removing the ‘about products’ from the homepage and adding a link from the product?
I’ll have a look at re arranging testimonials closer to the top and changing features etc..
thanks for taking the time to help and please let me know if there’s anything else I can improve on!
0 Likes
Highlighted

@wellspentgent wrote:
Thanks so much, it’s been a long time in the making so glad to hear the feedback, do you have any tips on Facebook ads as I’m getting such a hit and miss on ads it’s hard to tell what’s working!

Hit or miss is normal when you start out on Facebook / Instagram as you are still testing to find that 2 or 3 ads that you can scale up. If a client has been up and running a while, then we look at Dynamic Product Ads on Facebook. One thing to keep in mind, even with a good CTR or tons of traffic, if people are not buying then it's not the right traffic. Not all traffic is created equal. The one thing we tell each client is that you can get traffic of all kinds but that does not mean it's the right traffic for your store. Also, don't simply double your ad budget, that could kill your campaign performance. You should not increase budgets more then 20% every 3 days.

Facebook Ad Account
If you have not, you should Setup your Facebook Catalog. That way you can run Dynamic Product Ads (DPA), which is remarketing/retargeting on Facebook and Instagram. When someone comes to your site and does not buy... you can show them an ad later on Facebook and Instagram. The DPA campaigns are always the best return on ad spend for our clients. It's good to start with site visitors or people who have added something to their cart/started checkout but have not bought anything. You can also look at targeting View Content/Category audiences based on your pixel data.

From there you need to look at running prospecting campaigns on Facebook to build up your ability to scale the business. Once you have that setup. You can see what is working and what is not working and grow the business. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0
One more note,

I’ve checked the forums for this.. how is it possible to add a collection to a product page?
I like the idea of having ‘best sellers’ below so once one product is added to the cart, the buyer can move straight into the next..

Thanks again!
0 Likes