Feedback on my store, Zélie Jewelry

ZélieJewelry
5 0 4

Hello everyone- in March I launched my online jewelry store (www.zeliejewelry.com), and since then I have had plenty of traffic, but no sales (I had two sales from two relatives, but that's it) I had used Google ads, and while it did bring visitors, it didn't really get my message across about the style, aesthetic, and the customer my store was meant for. In the end, I did a MAJOR overhaul, by getting a new theme for my site (from Debut to Expression), I retook ALL my photos, and I upped my game concerning Instagram and Facebook (I'm using Planoly to post at least 3 times a day, and I like other people's posts). As for Instagram Shop and Facebook Shop, I wasn't approved (honestly, I think it was because I don't have enough Facebook Business Page likes yet, and didn't even have posts on my page, but I can always get it done afterwards) so for now I'm trying to see what I can do with the strength of my store right now. While it has only been a week, I'm wondering what I can do to get sales going, I'm eager to get this inventory out the door! Thanks for any feedback! 

Joyce_wena
Tourist
7 0 2
You need a marketing automation to retain traffics on your site.

Hi @ZélieJewelry

It's PageFly - Shopify Page Builder App here and I'd like to share some of my initial thoughts when first browsing through your online store. I hope that these comments can be somewhat beneficial to you in improving your site performance. But first, you can check out this Ultimate Checklist on Best Practices To Optimize Your Conversion Rate .

I/ Homepage

1. Make the Hero Banner fullwidth as it's the first impression of the visitor about your store before jumping to the products. They need to know who you are, what you're selling and what message you're delivering. And having it fullwidth helps the page looks much more open than having white spaces on both sides. 

PageFly_0-1626974564122.png

2. Make the Header and Free Shipping Banner sticky. As the search bar is in the Header, you can consider make it sticky so that customer can reach for it anytime they need to find anything. As well as the Promotion Banner for obvious reason, repetitive display of the offer will eventually push the visitors towards taking action.

PageFly_1-1626974622731.png

3. Make the Heading more prominent in size and styling. The heading helps your customers identify sections inside your store easily, having them same size as other texts does not help in this situation. So I'd suggest increase the font size, set bold and decorate for the Heading to grab the attention of the customers. 

PageFly_2-1626974826148.png

II/ Collection page

1. Add CTA button for Product Lists. CTA buttons serve as a guidance to your customers to know what to do next when browsing through your store.

PageFly_3-1626975029949.png

2. Use Load More instead of Pagination. The majority of the merchants would prefer Pagination but the feature itself poses some difficulties if they want to compare 2 products from 2 pages. 

PageFly_4-1626975085477.png

III/ Product Page

1. Styling the Product Price to be more prominent. The price should be highly visible and that users don’t have to search for it — it should be visible immediately at a glance on the product page or below the Product Title.

PageFly_5-1626975150382.png

Overall, this is a very clean layout website and you must have put a lot of time and effort into this. You can always opt for PageFly Page Builder to build more customized and high-converting landing page. If you find this comment helpful, please give it a like and mark as solution. Wish you all the best!

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder - Empowering 90.000+ active merchants.

Check our Evergreen Guide on Moving Your Brick-n-Mortar Store Online.

Want To Strive The Coolest E-commerce Knowledge? Explore Our FREE Video Resources.

Congrats on your Shopify store, great products! There are a few things that can attract not only organic traffic but quality traffic that will convert. 

• I would focus on ensuring your product photography (or any photos on your site in general) are optimized for your site. 
  • Regularly test your site speed and ensure everything is loading correctly.
  • I would definitely AB test your audience 
  • Experiment with your social media and see if you can reach people via Instagram vs Facebook 
  • Ensure your site is optimized for mobile and looks good not only on desktop and mobile, but tablets as well. 
  • Optimize your product pages by adding banners that highlight promo codes or any special discounts, customer reviews or information about the product, directly on the product pages. This will help guide your customers through education on your products. 
Content Marketing - https://apps.shopify.com/because
Because: Grow your Shopify store revenue with Because product page banners
vinods
Shopify Partner
499 10 86

Hi @ZélieJewelry 

Hope you're doing good. Congratulations on your new store wish you success too!

I have worked in this industry. Please see my feedback below.

Good Design good name good store good products.

I would suggest you to tweak the menu  little bit. 

Under Shop you can have 

Yellow Gold ( under this add all gold products 14kt gold )

Gold Vermiel ( under this add this category products) 

Does 14kt gold come with a certificate please confirm if yes please add that on the product details page. 

Add contact page.

Add on about page your store image or owners image it creates trust. 

Thank you. 

Vinod

Vinod Sachdev.
Digital Marketing Consultant
Google & Bing Ads | Web Design & Development | Conversion Rate Optimization (CRO)
15+ years Industry Experience & Knowledge of Latest Web Technologies
250+ Clients Served - across USA, UK, Spain, Caribbean Islands, India & more.
625+ Paid Ads Search, Shopping, Display, Re-Marketing Campaigns Successfully Managed which achieved higher sales
100+ Custom Websites & Landing Pages Designed & Developed

email vinod.digitalcentrics@gmail.com | https://digitalcentrics.com/
0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3737 214 666

Hey @ZélieJewelryThis is AiTrillion- an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

Good points of your store:

• great design
  • great items
  • good layout

- Reduce the blank space in the header. 

AiTrillion_0-1627028260958.png

- You can add a call to action button on the announcement bar to make customers take an action. 

- Add a review section on the product page as people read reviews before making a purchase. 

AiTrillion_1-1627030556271.png

- Add product recommendations on the cart pages. This will help in upselling. 

For getting more conversions and sales you can target your customers by sending automated emails that help to improve the relevancy and timeliness of your campaigns. You can use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. For some reason unknown to you, they leave without making a purchase but with email automation, you can make sure that this user receives an email shortly after they abandoned their cart, reminding them of what they left behind and asking if they need help completing their purchase. In this case, email marketing automation turns a missed opportunity into an opportunity to build a stronger relationship and make a sale.

To add the above marketing engagement tools there are many apps available in the Shopify app store. Instead of installing multiple apps, you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion and get all the benefits of marketing features in a single app to drive conversions. 

P.S- Free plan available.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
ZélieJewelry
5 0 4

Thank you PageFly for such a thorough review of my site! I will be implementing the changes you suggested in your post, and hopefully be able to see some results in the next few days! I'll also check out the PageFly App as well! 

0 Likes
ZélieJewelry
5 0 4

Thank you for responding so thoughtfully JonathanBecuase! I will go through each point to make sure that I really optimize my site to attract customers, hopefully I can see results really soon (in the next two weeks fingers crossed!)

0 Likes
ZélieJewelry
5 0 4

Hello Vinods, thank you for your suggestions! I will definitely adhere some of your suggestions- the 14kt gold is marked, but it did not come with any certificate (not typical in my experience with vintage fine jewelry in North America, but I did clearly state and I will also add a picture of the jeweler's mark to show its authenticity and fineness). And yes to the contact page, I was having some issues adding that when it came to using the Expression theme (it's sophisticated but takes me time to fully appreciate all its features!) Thank you again Vinods! 

ZélieJewelry
5 0 4

Hello AITrillion! Thank you for your thorough suggestions, I will look into them further, especially when it comes to the space around the logo, and about adding customer reviews to the product pages, they sound great! Thank you again!

0 Likes