Hello, I would appreciate feedback on my store and products
My store is https://lilly-co.com.au/
Facebook and other social media advertising provides my site with many clicks but not any sales and if there is anything that I am missing or doing wrong in my store please let me know.
Thank you in advance,
Your store looks nice and the products are also good. I want to suggest few points that you can work on.
I suggest you to design a nice logo so that it looks further attractive.
Home page is looking professional but it further looks great if Footer space is highlighted.
Add more related products in the purchase page in order to get cross sales.
There are no reviews on your products. You can have some customer Reviews for your products to increase your sales.
You have Shipping terms, Refund and privacy policies but the customer need to accept to these before purchasing any product from your store.
If you are planning to sale handmade products in your store Consider to sell on Etsy platform. There are Etsy Integration apps in the shopify app store .
Before I get into my feedback, I wanted to let you know that we are giving away prizes every week leading up to Christmas. Prizes include things like custom logos and favicons, custom store banners, one hour of store tweaks and for one lucky person, we are giving away a complete store re-design. To get your entry in, all you need to do is sign up for our email newsletter. Oh, and we are giving away FREE Christmas store banners and pop up graphics automatically to everyone who signs up.
Now, onto my feedback..
I think you've done a great job with your store. The design and photos look professional, your navigation is clean and easy to navigate.
The one thing I did notice though is that you have limited sizing - XS, S, and M were the only sizes I saw on the 5 or so products I clicked on. This could be contributing to the lack of sales, perhaps someone sees something they like but it is unavailable in their size.
I would recommend using Shopify Sales channels to connect your social media accounts with your store.
My last recommendation is to spend some time on your SEO. By default, Shopify will pull your product titles and descriptions and use that as your SEO (that is what is happening in your case). You don't want to leave your SEO to default, you want to be intentional about the words you use so that you are reaching your intended audience. We have a video walking you through how to do your SEO:
We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!
Best of luck!
Hello @Robbie8, I hope you are doing good! here are some suggestions:
- Add reviews on the product page.
- You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.
Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term.
- Make sure to enable automatic workflow emails/push for abandoned cart, win back old customers, welcome email, purchase follow-up, or browse abandoned customers.
- Add exit-intent popup. Track when someone is about to leave your website and show the visitor exit-intent popup with attractive offers and coupon code to complete the purchase.
If you would like to implement the above features/ customer engagement or marketing tools in your store. I would recommend you to install the all in one Shopify app AiTrillion. I am sure you will find it useful.
Hope this Helps!
Hi @Robbie8 ,
Here is Bruno from Suproof. Your store looks great! (Just some tiny CSS items but nothing major).
If the drop is happening at the product page, then it must very well be because of lack of product reviews. I suggest you adding a "product review" functionality on your story. How about taking a look at Suproof? It would let you or your customers create photo/image/text based stories for your products. This will help customers make up their mind about buying your product. Best of all, it's free!
Hope this helps.
Congratulations on your store, it's really beautiful and lovely, I really love it. Besides that, I have some recommendations on your Product Listing page.
Your current filter is not enough information for the customer. You can use some information for your filter:
2. Page header
First-time visitors are people who have no previous interaction with your brand. Therefore, landing directly on a category page might be confusing if they cannot tell within a few seconds what types of products are included. So using a banner to describe for customers where exactly are they.
3. List of product
- The first thing customer wants to see is the price of the product, so make it visible on your page and large enough to identify it.
- When hovering on each product, you can display another image perspective of the product and put a CTA button on it such as: view, add to cart, buy now,...
While the product listing page only shows a specific type of product, you can display some relevant products for up-selling to boost up your conversion rate.
Moreover, you should check this article to optimize your Product Listing page.
Good luck with your store!