Feedback on my store and the overall shopping experience

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi all,

Would appreciate an unbiased review on my store. Would really appreciate it if you can comment on the overall shopping experience as well ie, anything that may deter you from buying my products.

https://lushieofficial.com/

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
330 13 65

Hi @lushie  welcome to Shopify family

I hope your business is going well during these difficult times. I checked your store website, and I have a few tips and feedback I'd like to share,

1. I think the addition of video to a landing page increases conversations by 80%. evaluate your competitor’s websites after browsing through a few of their websites, compare your findings to your own site.
2. Branded video content is likely to take over consumers who are 300% most likely to watch a video about a product rather than read a description.
3. Add a section of frequently brought/suggested items this will increase the product value and it will be reviewed as well. Bigger images in your catalouge view product list with bigger images and hidden description can increase sales and will add brand value to your products.
4. Ensure that every product has large images in the product view that zoom to fill the browser window. The wishlist feature allows a user to mark items they are interested in and revisit these items at a later date.
5. Engaging the audience by writing blogs with better titles and promoting them on various social media platforms will be helpful.
6. Product badges are a great way to highlight specific products in your store so they stand out. Getting your customers to take notice of the best product offerings and promotions means your sales campaigns should be even more successful. You can even combine product badges with proven marketing techniques such as scarcity and social proof and your products should sell even faster.

I hope this helps!

Munawar

ModeMagic
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
Want a free store consultation to boost your sales? Send me a message.
Grab your limited time offer on install today!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
187 29 113

This is an accepted solution.

Hey there, @lushie!  

Welcome to Shopify! I hope we’re able to get to help you grow your store and help you find ways to improve that customer experience. 

Homepage

• Banner: I would pick a color that makes it POP! You want it to stand out so that people don’t miss it. Also, link it to your Catalog - it’s a missed opportunity that could help your conversions. If you use a heatmap to see where people click, you’ll be able to see how many people click on it thinking it’s linked. 
  • Hero image: I would pick one rather than multiple. Make sure you add a CTA button to the one you select! 
  • Instead of “Featured Collection,” I would make it say something like “Trending Purses” or something along those lines.
  • For the featured purses, keep it consistent. The tan (off-white?) purse on the left shows it on a model when someone hovers over it whereas the brown purse on the right shows the purse in a different color when someone hovers over it. 
  • Pop-up: I like that you’ve delayed the trigger for it. My only issue is that there’s no exit to close it. Even though someone could click out of it, it’s better to provide a way for them to close it instead of just leaving. It gets pretty aggressive. I’ve been on your site now for maybe 5 minutes, and it’s popped up twice. There needs to be a way to close it and keep it closed.
  • Reviews: Customers love reviews, but I don’t think I would highlight them on your homepage like you’re doing now. I also wouldn’t put them in your main navigation. In this situation, many of your reviews mention a lengthy shipping time. That could be enough to persuade someone to not purchase from you. 
  • Overall, your homepage isn’t super long (which is a good thing). I would suggest running a scroll heatmap to see how far people scroll down your page and what information they are missing. 

Footer

Question - is there a missing column here? It looks like this is a four-column footer with the second column from the left blank. I would remove this page and add your actual About Us page to your links under “Terms” - though I would rephrase it to be “Helpful links” or “Important Info” instead. That will help you reduce it to three columns and put in contact information.

• Return policy: Link your email address.
  • FAQs: I know you have free shipping now, but make sure you can give estimates on how much paid shipping would cost the customer. 
  • Privacy Policy: Link your email address and your URLs.
  • Terms of Service: Link your email address.
  • Newsletter: Add more value here. Remember that they aren’t sure if they want to be a customer, so they wouldn’t be enticed by a promise of updates or exclusive deals. Add in some value, like 10% off their order.

Navigation

I would suggest using click heatmaps to clean up the navigation. Where are people clicking? Where are they not clicking? Session recordings, which act like a DVR for your website, would also be helpful here in seeing how people make it to your products. A few things I suspect:

• About Us could be moved to the footer
  • Reviews may get a lot of clicks, in which case keep it in the main navigation. If it doesn’t, consider removing it or moving it to your footer

I don’t like Catalog by itself. That’s forcing people to click into it to search for their products. Instead, I would change the navigation as Home | Shop All (or Catalog) | Bags | Small Leather Goods | Scarves. 

Why scarves? You mention several times that buyers “get a scarf for free when you purchase any bags with us.” You don’t have a scarf collection though, and it may not be obvious that “bag accessories” means scarves. 

Collection Pages

• For the All Products collection: Filters are absolutely necessary here! Add in your collections (so they can jump to specific products) as well as price, material, style, etc. 
  • For the individual collections: Again, add in filters. In my experience, buyers aren’t interested in scrolling through six pages of products to find their products. Make it easier  for them to find what they’re interested in buying.
  • Again, be consistent with the hover-over images. Most show a model with the product, but at least one product shows it in a different color.

Product Pages

For reference, I’m on the Jessica Straw Bag page. 

• Mention your shipping! Make sure they know that US orders get free shipping. For international orders, link to your shipping page and explain how they can calculate the shipping costs before checkout.
  • Make your colors on the Add to Cart and Buy It Now stand out a little more. The Add to Cart button in particular doesn’t stand out. The hover-over color is a little delayed, which makes it difficult to see.
  • I would showcase your photos differently. The left-hand scroll can be nice, but if I select a color, it jumps to the middle of the page. This pushes the CTAs almost above the fold, depending on the color selected. 
  • Speaking of photos, not all of the photos were clear. Some were slightly blurry. 
  • I read a lot of your reviews, and there was a consistent theme: slow shipping and the product was smaller than expected. Since you are selling to US customers, you need to add in dimensions in inches. If you can, show what could fit into the product or how it compares to the model. On this particular bad, I couldn’t find any model images. 
  • Encourage reviews! Instead of featuring it all on one page, letting them live with each product can help as people browse, see a product they like and then check reviews. Watch some session recordings to see if people go to the Reviews page or the product reviews. Make sure you have a review request in your post-purchase communication.

Check-out

• I like that you have the option to checkout through PayPall. You may want to consider running a poll to see if there are other payment options people prefer.
  • BIG question here: How do I get the free scarf? Since you don’t explain, there’s a question here of how to get it. Since you only have a Contact Us button, there’s no option to find out why. If I were a customer, I would have to contact you, wait for a response and then checkout. I would:
    • Add live chat: Answer visitor questions while they are still on your website!
    • Clarify how to get the free scarf: If they add a purse to their cart, trigger a poll question that would ask them, “Have you added your free scarf yet?” with options to Yes (leads to checkout) and No (leads to your scarf collection). 

You’re on the right track here, and I think you’re going to start seeing more sales happen soon. When you use visitor behavior to understand your customers, you’ll be able to actually see what’s stopping them from converting. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, live chat, polls and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
435 27 129

Hi @lushie !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.

2.  Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.

3. If your website doesn’t have a blog already, make creating one a priority. But if you have a blog, it gives people a reason to keep coming back. Blogs also help improve your SEO because you’re constantly adding new content to your page. 

4. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.

5. Homepage designs guides your visitors around your website. To engage visitors you need to work on homepage layout design.  Include trust indicators on the homepage. Homepage content should be strategically decided.

6. Imagine if you saw something that you quite like in the store, however you want to browse more, get more options, and then choose the best one. That often happens to me, because I am indecisive. That is when Wishlist comes in handy. Since you have a lot of products on your site, I recommend adding that feature to improve the user experience on your site. Besides, if the items on the wishlist have not been purchased, automated emails will be sent out as a reminder. 

7. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa. 

8. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer.

For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Dear Danny,

You have pinpointed so many flaws that I wouldn't have thought of myself. I will definitely consider adding Lucky Orange into my website. In fact, I actually saw so many people raving about the app. Thank you so much for taking the time to go through my website and giving me such an insightful review!! 

Regards,

LUSHIE

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Dear Adelia,

TQ for your suggestions!  I am already using a social media login and review app but an-in-one app sounds like a really good deal. Will look into it :))

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Dear Munn,

TQ for taking the time to review my website. We will definitely look into the recommendations that you provided!

Regards,

LUSHIE

0 Likes