Feedback on my store before Instagram collab

Maitri
Excursionist
35 0 7

Hi everyone, hope your stores are doing well. After failing on my first attempt with a general store, here is the new one I've been working on those last weeks. It's a dropshipping store selling magnetic eyelashes and a electric eyebrow trimmer, it's mostly optimized for mobile as I want to team up with Instagram influencers. I'm willing to work on its computer version as well but I'm afraid it would make the mobile view less aesthetic. My first IG collaboration will take place by the end of the week and I'm pretty sure some improvement are still to be make by then . 

All your feedback are thus more than welcomed. Don't spare me lol

The URL : https://maitriscove.com/

Thank you in advance 

LuckyDanny
Shopify Partner
248 44 152

Hey there, @Maitri!  

Great start on the store! It has a lot of good going on, and I can tell you’ve put in a ton of hard work. This is a great place for feedback, and I’m more than happy to share my feedback as well.

Initial thought: I understand that you’ve optimized it for mobile. However, before we go further, I want you to evaluate your traffic by device and by conversions. Where do your visitors come from, and where do your customers come from? If mobile is the highest by far for both visits and conversions, I agree 200% to focus your energy on mobile optimization. 

Also, I would highly recommend that you start using heatmaps (to see where people click) and session recordings (to watch visits) now before you launch your influencer campaign. If you utilize UTM parameters, you’ll be able to dig into your influencer-driven traffic to ensure you have the right audience and influencer.  Here's a helpful guide if you need some advice on tracking it; this is another guide that's great on setting up campaigns in a way that can be easily tracked, monitored and evaluated. 

Let’s dive into the homepage

• Logo:I like your logo, but it blends into the background/hero image too much. I would try to use a white version that will stand out more.
  • Deal banner: It needs to be linked, but test moving it to the top of the page. When I was on mobile, especially after I scrolled, the deal became a second though.
  • Your brand messaging: I would keep this on an about us page. It’s taking up so much homepage space, especially on mobile, without adding any value. 
  • Love the GIF of the woman putting it on. I would play around with the CTA text - “know more” isn’t as impactful as other alternatives.
  • Your products - this is where I see a lot of confusion. These are beautiful images, but they aren’t showing the difference of the eyelashes. Someone wouldn’t instantly know what Brigitte has that Scarlette doesn’t. Whether on mobile or desktop, it’s not showcasing your product in a way that helps your visitors.
  • Free shipping - wait! Hold the phone! You have free shipping? Get that front and center! If you use a scroll heatmap to see how many people get that message. That could be a huge selling point for some of your visitors!
  • Value statement: I’m talking about the feature that begins with “At Maitri’s we understand that our world’s ethical and ecological…” I would poll your visitors to see what they are most interested in when buying magnetic eyelashes. YOU may want to highlight the ethically sourced or vegan, but your customers may be more interested in the easy-to-remove nature of it or that it’s budget-friendly. 
  • Your homepage is feeling really long. Again, that scroll heatmap will show you how far people scroll and a click heatmap will show you where people click. You need to combine those to evaluate the length and focus of your page. I was with you until the mascara and then the eyebrows. There’s so much focus on the eyelashes early on that these products feel like afterthoughts.
  • Newsletter: Clean up this image inviting people to join your newsletter. It wasn’t sized for the space, so the font looks off as a result. I would also add some value to your newsletter here. Give someone a reason to want to receive it. 
  • A bit of history: It’s unlikely that more than 25% of your visitors make it to this point on the homepage. Is this a selling point for your visitors and customers? I don’t know how a history of false eyelashes would help someone decide to buy them. It also further demonstrates that there’s a disconnect here on the homepage. 

Footer

• Overall: Be consistent here. Either pick uppercase or not. Contact and Track your order are sentence case (only the first word is capitalized) while the rest are uppercase. Personally, I would go with the sentence case for everything but FAQs (since it’s an abbreviation) to make it less aggressive. Also, I would lighten up the purple a bit or make the font color white. The purple isn’t dark enough for black to stand out. There needs to be a little padding at the top as well.
  • Contact: Add in a new welcome message here that includes your email address and phone number. A contact form is great, but it shouldn’t forget the basics of customer service either. 
  • FAQ: This is really a missed opportunity here. You’ve focused on great questions, but they are all related to shipping and returns. What about your eyelashes? I imagine that people would have more questions about the false eyelashes rather than just shipping. There are also some inaccuracies here:
    • “When will my order arrive” mentions 3-4 weeks for arrival. Your shipping policy states 1 week for select companies. 
    • “Do you have a return policy?” should link to the RETURN POLICY instead of Terms & Conditions.
    • “Where can I contact you…” should link to your email address AND Contact Page. Since there are no other mentions of social media on your site, I would remove this or provide that information. 
  • Privacy Policy: Link the URLs mentioned. 
  • Return Policy: There are some formatting issues here. Link to your contact page. 
  • Terms of Service:Link to your contact page. 
  • Company Number: The “You are enough <3” is confusing since this isn’t your company name. If it’s your tagline, I would remove it from here. This should be the most formal area of your page since you are mentioning your company number. It’s also linked incorrectly. 

Main Navigation

• Use session recordings to see where people are clicking on your hamburger menu. Are they using it or are they using your homepage to navigate?
  • Be mindful of the order here. It feels really disjointed compared to your homepage. You should have Magnetic eyelashes be moved up.
  • Stay away from trademark brands like Anya. If someone didn’t scroll to that point on the homepage, they don’t know what it is. Instead, I would focus on magnetic mascara and eyebrow trimmer. Keep it basic to help people understand it.
  • Use click heatmaps to evaluate where people are clicking here. My hunch that most of these can be kept in your footer. Your new order may look something like: Home | Magnetic Eyelashes | Magnetic Mascara | Eyebrow Trimmer | Contact. 
  • Again, be mindful of your details. You have contact on here twice with different cases (contact vs. Contact). It’s a little detail that can be a bigger issue.
  • I would think of something that would help people find their products easier, like a quiz.

Collection Pages

For reference, I’m on the Magnetic eyelashes page. 

• There is WAY too much text here. You’ve dedicated a lot of space to explaining why someone would want magnetic eyelashes and very little space to actually selling your products. This is where an FAQ page would be more helpful than dedicated to it on the collection page. You’re going to lose a lot of people here.
  • Your promotion is kind of a shock. This is the first time we’ve seen it, and it’s not very clear that it’s a promotion. Because of the font and layout, it doesn’t stick out as a promotion.
  • Products: Again, these images are lovely.They are artistic and great, but they aren’t clear about what you’re selling. There have to be better images or a filter to use here to sell it. A visitor shouldn’t have to look at four images and not notice a difference.

Product Pages

For reference, I’m on the Scarlette page.

• Reiterate that free shipping! I saw it mentioned once on the homepage! Get it up here. 
  • There’s a lot of confusion here. For example, your size guide. There’s no clarity about how to read it. I know that I’m not your target audience, but there are three unmarked columns after the style.
  • I like that you explain it as “more layered than Patricia” but it’s 1) assuming I already know what those are and 2) the pink font is difficult to read. Since your campaign is going to be drawing in new visitors, that assumption is going to kill your conversions. Maybe you need to make your own rating on layered, glamorous, curly, etc. Something has to change to make this easier.
  • The “How to use” GIFs are fine, but a video would be better here. 
  • Rethink your value statements before reviews - I’m talking about the Free Shipping, Money Back, etc. They aren’t linked to anything! That’s a missed opportunity. 

In  general, I think you’re heading in the right direction. When your influencer campaign launches, I hope you can evaluate those successes and learn from your visitors. When you understand how they behave and use your website, you’ll be able to find new ways to grow your business. Lucky Orange has heatmaps, session recordings, polls, live chat and more with a free trial (no credit card needed) and plans that start at US $10/month.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Cheers - Danny

Proud to be a Shopify Plus Partner

- Was my response helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution!
0 Likes
Growave
Shopify Partner
854 21 250

Hi @Maitri !

Welcome to Shopify and I wish you good luck!

1. Clear CTAs - help to show what to do next. Hero banner on your homepage is a key to make a connection with every visitor. You should clearly communicate what your website is about.
  2. Branding - clearly show your company branding. Logo, brand colors, brand fonts - should be the same across websites, emails, and social profiles. A key part of building your brand is making it recognizable. 
  3. Social proof - an incredibly powerful sales and lead generation tool. 
  4. Engaging images - you need them on your homepage to give visitors a sense of what your business is about. Images help you to tell a story and show visitors what they can gain from your product. For a product website think about how images can convey the value of your product and help your visitors to achieve their goals.
  5. Your google page speed score is only 50 and mobile 20. Low mobile page speed may kill your traffic and affect your conversation. For greater success and to deliver a great user experience you should focus on mobile score as well.Website performance impacts ranking on organic search and user experience. This problem can reduce conversions and sales. 79% of people do not wait for more than 5.3 seconds for page loading. It can lead to the losing of new visitors, less traffic, and losing repeat customers. You should always work on your CRO - increasing the percentage of users who perform a desired action on your website.
  6. Your products look so confusing for me. You need to organize your product page properly
  7. Try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  8. I have also found that there are only a few products in your store, try adding more products so that your customers will have a lot of options to select from.
  9. Social media has become a huge thing nowadays. I highly recommend taking advantage of that and adding Instagram galleries on your homepage. It will help drive traffic from your site on to your account and vice versa.
  10. Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer
  11. The sale you have seems to be a nice deal, however, when you make such a big amount off it might devalue your product. People always need to know why you have made such sales, is it a seasonal sale? or is it because there is no demand for it? Does that mean the product is bad? 

Instead of giving a discount for nothing, give them rewards for completing certain actions on your store ex. for creating accounts, for leaving a review, for sharing your site, for spending money on your site. It is not difficult for a user to do and you will get so many actions on your site, and you are having discounts anyway.
  12. For adding the functions above you can several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  Growave.

We have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts, etc. 

There is a free plan available.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Login + more

Increase conversions with ease here
0 Likes