Feedback on my store front

Highlighted
2 1 1
Hello!

I went live a few days ago and I am only doing a soft opening right now. I have more candles to put out on the page and will do that later this week.

I have been working on this website for over a week and would love to get an idea on how it looks, feels, flows, etc.

If you really liked candles, would you buy one from this website?

www.willamettecandle.com

Thanks!
Julie
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1902 37 230

Hello,

I just had look into your website, It's looking good. I observed few points on your website.
You can use open new tab on the links on the footer section and items on grid page, then customers are spent more time on your store.
You can improve your Testimonials. Testimonials take the spotlight away from the seller, and shine it on the customer. Adding client testimonials to your website can be an extremely effective way to establish trust and strengthen your company's reputation. They are extremely powerful tools when it comes to strengthening your branding.
You can add product reviews, Simply it helps to increases sales by giving consumers the information they need to make the decision to purchase a product or service from a business.
I suggest you can add your store blog. Blog gives you the chance to make important substance for your clients. Utilize this as a promoting strategy to manage movement back to your site.
Blog make better Your Website's SEO , Increase Traffic to Your Website through inbound links.
And Keep your Instagram profile uniform by keeping your photos within one color scheme. And Use #tags, Hashtags are a big part of Instagram's posts because it allows photos and video content to become searchable on the channel.
And I suggest you can use Instagram Stories To Stand Out In The App. I hope these points are helpful for your website.

Thanks,
Appfreaker.

https://apps.shopify.com/alidropship
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
485 26 98

Hi @Jreincke 

There are a couple of things I might consider adding to your store, but overall good work

In this view, I noticed that you don't have an FAQ section. If your customer can't find an answer to their questions they may not buy from you. Adding an FAQ section will help to add trust, and make it so your customer doesn't need to leave your site, to find an answer to their question.

Also I noticed that you don't have reviews. If you add reviews it will help keep your customers on your site. If your customer needs to leave your site to do research on a product they might not come back, adding reviews can help with that.

An important thing I couldn't find is a blog. A blog could be used to drive more traffic to your store, and you could also use it to recommend potential products that your customer could buy.

Nice job on your all of your hard work so far, and I'm sure that just a few minor changes will really help you.

Just so you know (I had to do it), I wrote a series of emails https://mailchi.mp/7d8692283c12/shopify-conversion-course that might help you with some tips for making your store better (I get into the weeds there).

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 1 1

Hi Julie,

Great job getting your website live. That's a great start. 

There's a few things I think you can do but to not be overwhelming here's three things I think you can start with:

1) Get social proof - You need to get some reviews on the website. If you don't have any sales yet consider giving away the product for some reviews. 

2) Contrast in design elements - You want some of your buttons and call to actions to pop off the page. For example on the Product Page the most important button should be add to cart but its lost in the design. Instead the paypal and social shares is what stands out. Consider adding some secondary colors to make those buttons draw more attention. 

3) Better Product images - I'd invest or see if you can find a friend who's good at photography to take some better image shots. I don't love that they all look the same for every product and the colors are the same in each shot. Would love to see apples, oranges, etc. tastefully incorporated so the buyer can imagine the smell just from looking at the images. Here's an example: https://cl.ly/1dbc382f68b5 

Hope that helps. Good luck! 
Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted

Congrats on the new store Julie. Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase. Your biggest area of work is going to need to be on your product images... this is one of the biggest factors that determines if someone is going to convert on your site.

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels have been proven to kills conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. I would clean up the design of your homepage as it just features tons of product. There is no way to get a feeling for your brand or personality

3. Add links to your footer for about us, return/refund, contact us, FAQ, and shipping policy. I didn't see these pages on your site and they are ones customers will look for

4. Setup a main menu with less links. You can use a drop down function to achieve this. I would read your theme documentation to learn how to do this

5. Make sure the main images for collection page is the same size. Consistency is key for an online shop

6. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. XY Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

7. All your product images look the same. You need to make the product images ad distinct as the product themselves. This helps build your brand and make the different products standout in your shopping cart

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a longer product description as this is how you convince someone to buy on your site. Plus it helps with SEO and ranking in organic search

2. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

3. Make sure each product has 3 - 5 images as that will help someone decide if they want to purchase. A lot of products I saw only had 1 or 2 images

4. Add a section for customer reviews when you get them. This helps build social proof

5. Make sure all your product images are the same size and dimensions as you add more product to your store. This is going to help tie your site together

6. Changing your product images is not easy and takes times but this is the best investment you can make in your store.  Even some really nice photos taken with an iPhone or latest Android would be a good place to start if you can not afford to hire a professional

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level.  Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
0 Likes