Feedback on my store malavara.com

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi, was wondering if you might be able to review our store https://malavara.com/ 

We are getting a decent amount of traffic from organic social media marketing but conversion remains rather low (likely due to the small number of SKUs?). If you have any conversion rate optimization (CRO) advice or consultants you have worked with who are great at CRO, please do let me know. 

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted

This is an accepted solution.

Your low conversion rate would more be related to traffic and targeting the wrong group of people. All traffic is not created equal and getting this right for you store can be the difference between success and just breaking even. I have worked on tons of luxury ecom bands as well as ASOS. You have a beautiful store and beyond some tweaks and ideas below, I don't think the issue is with your store as much as it is with the traffic you are sending to your store. 

Homepage Feedback

1. Carousels / sliders have been proven to lowers conversions rates ...limit how much you use the one on your site. No one is going to wait around to see what is on each sliders

2. The section around "NATURAL PROMISE" has a lot of empty orange space, I would tighten this up and slim it down

3. Maybe have less IG images on your homepage... do you need to show the latest 16?

4. Consider adding a Featured Product section on the homepage (i.e. Product Of The Month). Pick one products and tell people why you picked it and what makes it great

5. A great a/b test would be pulling a video from a product page and seeing how it affects traffic on the homepage to drive sales

Product Page  Feedback

1. Add a section at the bottom of product pages to show your most viewed/bought items from the site. This can help increase your average order value

2. I don't know if they tab sections beside the product description jump out as well as it could. Took me a few passes to notice that I could click them. Running a heat map with HotJar would help see how people interact with your product pages

Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also reach out if you want to hire me to help with CRO on your site.

We help ecommerce & DTC brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns: TakeSomeRisk.com

P.S. Take my Google Shopping Course and help grow your revenue this month.
Highlighted
Explorer
51 1 14

This is an accepted solution.

Hi Ladies,

First of all your website looks beautiful and very professional - well done.  You both look beautiful as well and are great ambassadors for your products.

You have quite a few things I would change on your site but I'll cover the few main ones I have a concern with. I've been in advertising and computers since 1995 so I have a small insight into design and websites.

First of all from the back end. There are two websites I constantly check the speed of my website on; and they are open in my browser tabs all the time. If my page speed is not right up there near the top I want to know why. Normally it's too many photos I've added that are not optimized. These are the two sites -

https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

https://website.grader.com

Google's PageSpeed only measures speed. The other site measures speed, mobile performance, SEO and security. Google's site is always my first check. Unfortunately your page speed score is really low. I get only 21/100 for your Mobile score and 49/100 on your desktop score. There's a few free image optimizer apps in Shopify's app store you can use to optimize and reduce the megabyte size of your images (not the dimensions or resolution unless you want that)  Normally I run the page speed test first then optimize my images and run the page speed test again to see the speed increase. I have my own site up in the 90-100 range but that's not always possible for a lot of sites. Amazon for example gets a low score but they are so big what do they care? For small start up sites you want your customers to have every advantage you can give them.

Secondly from a design point of view your site looks great but it's a bit cluttered in some areas and hard to read in some.

1. Your top banner about "15% off your first order" should be a stand out item - but it's so dull it's just lost.

2. The white text on your slide show banners often is too much and over shadows the images. Sometimes it's hard to read as well. I stopped using the banner text from the Shopify template and added text to my images in Photoshop instead. It's more work but it allows me to place text in open parts of the image where I want it - not only left, right or centered. I soon ditched the "shop now" buttons as well since most people realize those slide show images are clickable. It's just more clutter over your amazing product photos.

3. On your first banner are you selling the product or the "lifestyle" ?? Because selling the  lifestyle won't get you any money. Sell the product first, lifestyle second.

4. On your media page I saw a couple of linked articles that also feature competitors products. I would axe those and just have the ones that feature you only. You're doing a great job to get yourself in such prestigious  magazines but you don't want to give the opposition free advertising - do you?

5. Your video "blog" section at the end is so heavy with items I suspect that's one reason your speed score is so low. I only have a few blogs active at one time to keep it clean, simple and fast. I can see you put a lot of time into making professional videos (or paying someone to do it) which is great, but too many is too much. Get rid of the Christmas ones at least. I would limit it to 2 rows of 4 myself and just change them around regularly.

Oh one last one about your shopping cart. For me it comes up as the US as a default. But if you are in the UK you have a message to go back and click the UK flag and come back again. That's a cringe worthy fault and could be sending customers away. It would annoy the hell out of me.

Hopefully that gives you some help.

Regards,

Tony

True Talon - Knives and EDC Gear www.truetalon.com
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
277 13 55

Hi,  

I have gone through your site. Though it looks good, there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.

Logo & Favicon :

Logo & Favicon -- Your logo should highlight your brand name. Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily.

HEADER & FOOTER :

1. Header -- Have a sticky header and a clear smart search bar to help users locate the products they're looking for.Also a slide out cart, a cart icon with item calculator must have features. Login icon must be there for buyer account creation before purchasing.
  2. Footer -- Optimize your footer with more professional and functional look and also highlight your newsletter sign up so people who follow your brand will receive more updates about promotions and sales. There are legal policy pages which are missing in the footer that must be included for authenticity and security purpose

HOMEPAGE :

A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive.

1. Banners & Branding -- Add hero banner with prompt CTA buttons that syncs well with your store theme & branding. This banner should include info like free shipping, offers/deals like 50% off, etc
  2. Color, Font & Branding -- Over All Text, Font , Paragraph , Alignment , Spacing , Padding etc should be more elegant so that your store looks well-organized, neat and visually appealing. Maintain the same or similar colors and fonts throughout your store to keep your  branding intact 
  3. Featured Collection -- Add all the top featured collection on the homepage so users know the type of products you're selling on your store.
  4. Featured / Bestseller products -- Engage your customers by letting them know the bestseller products on your store                                     
  5. Testimonials -- They add to the trust factor as when customers see what other buyers have to say about your products, it makes them more sure about your brand.
  6. Highlight your USP -- What's unique about your brand that none of the other Shopify merchants have? This needs to be highlighted in your store presentation, features & more.
  7. Trust Badge on Home Page -- This is important as this helps to build trust and assures your customers that your brand is authentic

COLLECTION PAGE :

Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer.

1. Banner adding on Collection page -- Make your collection page stand out with interesting & creative collection banners
  2. Product filter for easy navigation -- Categorize & filter products by their size, color or type so users find product to product navigation easy.
  3. Product Label -- Product labels like % off, ‘New Arrival’, ‘Sold Out’ must be there must be there for the ease of the buyer
  4. Product Showcasing -- Clear product title and description , high quality images , reviews , related products , color swatch function, grey effect for sold out products , product labels . All these features make your store much more convenient, authentic, easy to use and user friendly.
    Example of Good Collection Page

PRODUCT PAGE :

1. Features like custom swatches, product zoom in, product reviews, unique product titles/descriptions and  cart drawer that will make your product page more interactive and user-friendly.
  2. You Can Add Sticky Add to cart / Buy Now Bar on Your Product Page : Demo Example

This floating bar on the product page makes it impossible for your customers to miss checkout with the always visible Sticky Add to Cart Bar. Here the user can quickly select the variants, sizes and quantities for their order and checkout directly. You can use this app Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster
    Example of Good Product Page

CART PAGE :

1. Sticky Buy now or add to cart button ,Sticky cart -- A Sticky Cart feature or sticky checkout bar reduces cart abandonment and engages the customer in your store.
  2. Functionality Of Cart Page -- Discount code , Gift wrapping , additional cart notes , delivery date picker, i agree with terms and conditions, trust badges, etc.  for personalizing your customer's shopping experience on the cart page. You to try our all-in-one app, Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster

Example of Good Cart Page

INTEGRATIONS :

1. Social Media Link -- Include links to your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or any other social media business pages.
  2. Proper integration of Google Analytics, Facebook store, Instagram store, google search console -- These features will help you track and analyze how customers interact with your store.
  3. Proper setup shipping, taxes -- Set up shipping and taxes options for different areas/countries or for particular products.
  4. Google shopping -- Let your users easily discover & buy your products with Google smart shopping marketing campaigns.

App Integration :

Try This App - Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster .
11-in-1 App to Maximize your Sales and Conversion

1. Sticky Add to Cart Bar and Buy Now Button
  2. Sticky Checkout Bar
  3. Sticky Cart Icon
  4. Quick Buy Button
  5. Free Shipping Bar
  6. I Agree to the Terms and Conditions Checkbox
  7. Gift Wrapping
  8. Delivery Date Picker
  9. How Did You Know About Us
  10. Additional Cart Notes
  11. Trust Badges

Please check our fully functional Demo Store

Hope these suggestions are useful for you. Wish you many more sales in the future. If you have any queries, do let me know here.

Good luck!

Sudipta 
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1536 77 261

@TejalEngman, Loved the story of yours. Great concept. We all know the importance of Ayurveda. It has amazing long term results. If you have a lot of traffic but low conversions then I would suggest you to maximize engagement on your store to capture visitors and convert them into paying customers. Here are some addons you should do which will help you in getting conversions:-

1. Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing. Also, it builds up your social proof and social currency develops an engaging way to communicate with customers in multiple channels and hit right on your target market.

2. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

3. Add a live chatbot so that you will know the behavior of your customers through live chat/bots and automatically send messages via email, in-app messages, or push notifications with real-time behavioral triggers.

4. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.

To implement the marketing tools on your store to increase conversions and customer engagement. You can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app.  Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
Highlighted
Explorer
51 1 14

Hi Again,

The Shopify Experts have added some really good suggestions and stuff I didn't have time to cover.

With the slideshow banners I do get a lot of sales from my banners and I know they work - so only part of what the guy says above is true. But I limit them as much as possible for key products or new products I want to highlight. You have ten - I have four. He is correct that most people are not going to sit and watch ten slides go by.

The sticky menu bar is vitally important. No one wants to scroll down a page and then find they cannot access your menus and search function without having to scroll all the way back to the top.

In regards to having push notifications I don't know about everyone else but this pops up on almost every website I visit and it really annoys the shit out of me.  I limit my own site to one pop up and that's to sign up to my newsletter. Too many pop ups will annoy the crap out of people.

And chat boxes are great if people need technical or product support, but you or someone else has to monitor it all the time. It's just another time waster in my opinion. Maybe when you have 50 staff and pulling in $10 million a year you can afford to have it.

I try and keep my site lean, mean and fast with enough functionality to get the customer to put a product in the cart and buy it.  Too many add-ons can slow it down and or annoy people. So everything you add just be mindful of how you would react if you are a customer shopping on your own website.

Good luck. Your website as I said looks incredible but just needs a few important things added or changed and you should be killing it in no time.

Regards,

Tony

True Talon - Knives and EDC Gear www.truetalon.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi - thank you so much for this detailed and thoughtful reply. Hugely appreciated. Will reach out to you on takesomerisk next

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks so much for this! Very helpful. Will let you know how we get on!

0 Likes