Hi, was wondering if you might be able to review our store https://malavara.com/
We are getting a decent amount of traffic from organic social media marketing but conversion remains rather low (likely due to the small number of SKUs?). If you have any conversion rate optimization (CRO) advice or consultants you have worked with who are great at CRO, please do let me know.
Your low conversion rate would more be related to traffic and targeting the wrong group of people. All traffic is not created equal and getting this right for you store can be the difference between success and just breaking even. I have worked on tons of luxury ecom bands as well as ASOS. You have a beautiful store and beyond some tweaks and ideas below, I don't think the issue is with your store as much as it is with the traffic you are sending to your store.
Product Page Feedback
Your store just needs some tweaks to take it up a level. Hope you found this helpful, if so please click "like" below to let me know. You can also reach out if you want to hire me to help with CRO on your site.
First of all your website looks beautiful and very professional - well done. You both look beautiful as well and are great ambassadors for your products.
You have quite a few things I would change on your site but I'll cover the few main ones I have a concern with. I've been in advertising and computers since 1995 so I have a small insight into design and websites.
First of all from the back end. There are two websites I constantly check the speed of my website on; and they are open in my browser tabs all the time. If my page speed is not right up there near the top I want to know why. Normally it's too many photos I've added that are not optimized. These are the two sites -
Google's PageSpeed only measures speed. The other site measures speed, mobile performance, SEO and security. Google's site is always my first check. Unfortunately your page speed score is really low. I get only 21/100 for your Mobile score and 49/100 on your desktop score. There's a few free image optimizer apps in Shopify's app store you can use to optimize and reduce the megabyte size of your images (not the dimensions or resolution unless you want that) Normally I run the page speed test first then optimize my images and run the page speed test again to see the speed increase. I have my own site up in the 90-100 range but that's not always possible for a lot of sites. Amazon for example gets a low score but they are so big what do they care? For small start up sites you want your customers to have every advantage you can give them.
Secondly from a design point of view your site looks great but it's a bit cluttered in some areas and hard to read in some.
1. Your top banner about "15% off your first order" should be a stand out item - but it's so dull it's just lost.
2. The white text on your slide show banners often is too much and over shadows the images. Sometimes it's hard to read as well. I stopped using the banner text from the Shopify template and added text to my images in Photoshop instead. It's more work but it allows me to place text in open parts of the image where I want it - not only left, right or centered. I soon ditched the "shop now" buttons as well since most people realize those slide show images are clickable. It's just more clutter over your amazing product photos.
3. On your first banner are you selling the product or the "lifestyle" ?? Because selling the lifestyle won't get you any money. Sell the product first, lifestyle second.
4. On your media page I saw a couple of linked articles that also feature competitors products. I would axe those and just have the ones that feature you only. You're doing a great job to get yourself in such prestigious magazines but you don't want to give the opposition free advertising - do you?
5. Your video "blog" section at the end is so heavy with items I suspect that's one reason your speed score is so low. I only have a few blogs active at one time to keep it clean, simple and fast. I can see you put a lot of time into making professional videos (or paying someone to do it) which is great, but too many is too much. Get rid of the Christmas ones at least. I would limit it to 2 rows of 4 myself and just change them around regularly.
Oh one last one about your shopping cart. For me it comes up as the US as a default. But if you are in the UK you have a message to go back and click the UK flag and come back again. That's a cringe worthy fault and could be sending customers away. It would annoy the hell out of me.
Hopefully that gives you some help.
I have gone through your site. Though it looks good, there are quite a few things missing on your store which if added can really make a lot of difference to the user experience, conversion rate and your overall sales.
Logo & Favicon :
Logo & Favicon -- Your logo should highlight your brand name. Add a favourite icon so users can locate your webpage easily.
A lot can be done to your homepage to make it more informative & attractive.
Your customer views this page to have an in-depth view of the products and services you offer.
App Integration :
Try This App - Cart2Sale ‑ Sales Booster .
11-in-1 App to Maximize your Sales and Conversion
Please check our fully functional Demo Store
Hope these suggestions are useful for you. Wish you many more sales in the future. If you have any queries, do let me know here.
MS Web Designer | Task4Store
20,000+ Tasks Completed | 1000+ Happy Clients
Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution
@TejalEngman, Loved the story of yours. Great concept. We all know the importance of Ayurveda. It has amazing long term results. If you have a lot of traffic but low conversions then I would suggest you to maximize engagement on your store to capture visitors and convert them into paying customers. Here are some addons you should do which will help you in getting conversions:-
1. Add a referral program. A referral program can help optimize your sales cycle, help you produce quality leads, and take your marketing efforts up a notch. People are more like to make a purchase when a product is referred by any friend. You can boost your marketing ROI and drive conversions with referral marketing. Also, it builds up your social proof and social currency develops an engaging way to communicate with customers in multiple channels and hit right on your target market.
2. Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.
3. Add a live chatbot so that you will know the behavior of your customers through live chat/bots and automatically send messages via email, in-app messages, or push notifications with real-time behavioral triggers.
4. You can start giving loyalty points to your customers on different activities like signing up, visiting a store, making a purchase, allowing for push notifications. This will help you to entice your customers and retain them. You can reward your customers in order to redeem those points. When you will give points to them they will come again in the future to make a purchase in order to redeem those points. This encourages repeat purchases which increase sales and helps in retaining your customers.
To implement the marketing tools on your store to increase conversions and customer engagement. You can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app and is a fully integrated app. Plus you don't need to install multiple apps. You can check it out. I am sure you will find it useful.
The Shopify Experts have added some really good suggestions and stuff I didn't have time to cover.
With the slideshow banners I do get a lot of sales from my banners and I know they work - so only part of what the guy says above is true. But I limit them as much as possible for key products or new products I want to highlight. You have ten - I have four. He is correct that most people are not going to sit and watch ten slides go by.
The sticky menu bar is vitally important. No one wants to scroll down a page and then find they cannot access your menus and search function without having to scroll all the way back to the top.
In regards to having push notifications I don't know about everyone else but this pops up on almost every website I visit and it really annoys the shit out of me. I limit my own site to one pop up and that's to sign up to my newsletter. Too many pop ups will annoy the crap out of people.
And chat boxes are great if people need technical or product support, but you or someone else has to monitor it all the time. It's just another time waster in my opinion. Maybe when you have 50 staff and pulling in $10 million a year you can afford to have it.
I try and keep my site lean, mean and fast with enough functionality to get the customer to put a product in the cart and buy it. Too many add-ons can slow it down and or annoy people. So everything you add just be mindful of how you would react if you are a customer shopping on your own website.
Good luck. Your website as I said looks incredible but just needs a few important things added or changed and you should be killing it in no time.
|an hour ago|
|2 hours ago|
|3 hours ago|
|3 hours ago|
|3 hours ago|