Feedback on my store - overall experience and looks

SouthMania
Tourist
3 0 0

Hey guys,

I'm new to the community and just found this feature of sharing feedback, so i would love to get some feedback on my store. 

Please be brutally honest and as critical as possible, if any thing stands out please let me know.

The podcast section is still under development, so ignore that. 

the site is -  www.southmania.com

Clothing Brand 

I'd also like to give you guys a 20% total discount for helping out. 

discount code - Shopify

Thanks a lot,
Kevin Jos

SouthMania 

0 Likes

Hi @SouthMania,

Victor here, I'd love to give you some feedback for your store, so that you can consider taking it to the next level - which means a better experience on the site. Let's start with some small glitches:

image.png

I noticed when I'm hovering on these button links in the footer section, they turn to black so that I can't tell what I've just clicked on. It might be caused by the hover state of the button. Please re-check inside the theme code or contact your theme provider.

image.png

It seems like there's no way to write some nice words for a product. There should be a review section somewhere on a product page. I believe this has already been included in your plan!

image.png

The title & description here is not very related to each other. Additionally, if it's not worldwide shipping then you should link the content to the FAQ section where you can specify which countries are not included.

image.png

You could use an active voice here (for example: "Follow our Instagram!")

Please leave more space on the homepage to tell about your brand message before displaying all the collections to visitors. You should also consider adding a testimonials section, trust badges, sale-off, featured collection,..etc. I've found a great example here that you could take it as a reference to improve your homepage. (https://www.etsy.com/)

I know you're just started, so please spend more time optimizing your store then you can come back here to get more insightful recommendations from the community. 

Hopefully that I managed to help you in some way. Please do let me know if you have any questions 😊

PageFly - Advanced Shopify Page Builder.
- Get tips to personalize your page
- PageFly Page Builder: WebsiteYoutube | PageFly Community | Facebook| LinkedIn | Twitter
- Discover Shopify Stores’ Secrets with Koala Inspector
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Southmania,

"The first impression is probably the last one" and you have very well retained this positive impression by your store's overall look and presentation, which reflects professionalism in each of its aspects. But still, certain minor mistakes need to be corrected. Following are my suggestions for the same:

1. The "header menu" should have a "uniform font color" throughout all its elements ie "Jet Black".
  2. A "professional central banner" is a must to impart a "decent site view".
  3. "Product photographs are the ambassadors sharing the promise of your store products online".Hence, must be taken from different angles for better product clarity.
  4. "Any ecommerce store logo has the power to invoke an emotional response from shoppers".Hence, it must be of a suitable size to avoid it from looking awkward.
  5. "Catchy taglines" should be used for the header template like "Last Chance! Free shipping in India ends today" OR "Ends today! Free shipping in India to gain better customer insight.
  6. "Featured and New Arrivals" are a must to be included in the homepage for better site popularity and depicting peculiarity as well.
  7. "Alternate payment methods" tend to provide variety to the customers for ease of payment.
  8. Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  9. You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  10. Finally, I would also recommend replacing the default search with an advanced search like Sparq which allows synonyms, advanced custom tag filters, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here
    You can use Sparq free trial for as many products in your store. After the trial period, you can enjoy with Sparq’s Free Starter Plan for upto 1000* products.

Keep up the good work! All the best.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2453 141 444

Hey @SouthMania, I liked your store but you need to do some improvements in order to make it more professional and engaging. Here are some inputs from my side:-

1. Home Page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. 

-Slideshow Image 

-Collection List  

-Popular Products 

- New arrivals, best sellers

-Testimonials

- Instagram feed

2. You should add a loyalty reward program to your store. You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, and visiting a store, follow on social media, sharing on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty reward program with web push notification, review, email marketing and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

To implement this functionality on your Shopify store you can install AiTrillion.com. It is 'All in One' Shopify app that has all the essential features in a single app. You can check it out.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
SouthMania
Tourist
3 0 0

thank you for taking the time. I will work on all the suggestions. 

0 Likes
neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

My Pleasure! Happy to help you.

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
0 Likes