Feedback on my store please - I've had a lot of sales but they are starting to flatline

Leigh6
Tourist
8 1 2

Hi all

My store is www.pillowsprays.co.uk. I'd love your thoughts.... good, bad, meh.... I have in my mind a few things that I'd like to improve but I'm keen to hear if they match yours.

Thanks so much

Leigh

0 Likes
RockSteady
Tourist
6 0 3

Sales are typically related to factors beyond your website, I'd suggest this is the case here.

However, without getting into the weeds, your #1 issue with the site is that it takes too much user cognition to understand what the product is when arriving with no context.

What are the benefits? What problem does it solve for me? The Hero section tells me none of this (that I cared to read).

There are many a-debate over carousels in the header, I'm in the against camp due to the fact that the evidence shows that most users hit a webpage and scroll, not wait and read through the carousel. Fine-tuning your hero section messaging and imagery to better communicate your product's proposition will lead to better conversion.

The first carousel image is fantastic, it's immersive, has great scale, and is right for the context, use it to your advantage. The other two tell me nothing about the product nor are they the right scale for the space, they look cheap and aren't engaging. Think of your hero section like a window in a retail store, it is your most expensive place in the store and is the first point of engagement, make it work for your brand.

Moving down the page, it jumps straight into best-selling product, fine in some instances where the product proposition is firmly established or the brand has large enough public recognition. You have none of these in your case. You only have 5 products, don't hide them on a products page, your landing page can do all of that for you. Here is the prime place to show the benefits/differences between products in a clear and concise way, explain the range. You can highlight your best seller within this section if you wish.

From here, reviews and social become relevant, however you leave your users hanging at the end. If they get that far down the page, they're still hunting for clarification. Determine what they might need and solve it by adding a line and a call-to-action. Your 7 sleep tips page is a possible destination but the content needs to be reworked to include your product within the tips. Step 5 is your opportunity to enforce your product proposition, right now it's an afterthought: "Use one of our Pillowsprays too and you will soon associate the scent with a better sleep.". If you believe in your product, make it part of the routine, find published scientific papers (not just another website talking rubbish) on the science of smell and sleep to back it up, make it part of a new routine, make your product MATTER to the customer.

These suggestions should go a long way to converting users who are already aware of your site, as for those that aren't, delve deeper into appropriate sales channels.

Enjoy.

MS-WEB-DESIGNER
Shopify Partner
2822 176 474

Dear @Leigh6 

Hope the following suggestions will help you

• Improve store speed for mobile

pillowspeed.png

• At header:

illheader.png

• Use announcement bar at header and show offer or discounts
  • Overall Font, Color, Spacing, Alignment need to adjust

lebelcolor.png

• Collection page layout needs to improve

• Product page layout needs to improve

Leigh6
Tourist
8 1 2

Hi there - many thanks for your feedback, Much appreciated.

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

Hello @Leigh6, Sachin here, from the AiTrillion-an All-in-one Marketing Platform on Shopify. Thanks for posting! I've taken a look at your store, and its appearance is visually appealing, and must say you worked hard to make it live. Here are suggestions that you can implement in your store:

- On the homepage, add a section of trending and new arrival products. This helps in upselling the products. 

- You should increase the viewport of the store.

Enable Social media conversion techniques on the store for better conversions.

Add a web push notification - It turns visitors into subscribers and subscribers into customers. It’s a powerful and effective marketing tool adopted by online businesses to reach out to and interact with their audience, keep them updated about any important information, announcing sales and offers, and eventually driving more eCommerce conversions.

You can give loyalty points to your customers on activities like on signing up, leaving a review, allowing for push notification, visiting a store, on birthdays, on first purchase, follow/ share on social media. This will help you to entice customers and will increase the number of push subscribers, email subscribers. This will also help you in collecting the review. You can send an in-email review form to your customers. This can be sent automatically.

Integration of loyalty rewards program with web push notification, review, email marketing, and with full automation results in wonders for the eCommerce stores. It will help you in increasing conversions and sales on your store and retain the customers for the long term. 

- Reach customers via email and push notifications. Run email and push campaigns to drive conversions. Send rewards and offers to customers to bring them back to your store and make them want to purchase.

You should use marketing automation tools that will help in better customer engagement automation. You must set up proper email marketing campaigns, loyalty reward programs, web push notifications, or affiliate programs to increase engagement, to implement this you can install the all-in-one Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions.2021-05-18.png

If you feel my answer helpful, like it or give it a thumbs up. Let me know if you have any questions.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
1003 138 329

Hey @Leigh6,

I've taken a look through your store and I have some feedback for you.

pillow-spray-01.png

HOMEPAGE BANNER
That main banner area is prime real estate for selling.  One of the keys of selling is getting inside your customers head, what problem do they have that you can solve? What words or phrases do they use that you can as well to show that you understand their needs. We recommend using this type of text in your banner. For the format, we recommend having a professional photo of your products, a title introducing your brand or product, a line of text underneath that expands on your title and a call to action button such as "Shop Now". Here is an example:

macarons-04.png

SALES CHANNELS
I’d recommend utilizing Shopify’s sales channels for your social media pages. This is going to allow you to tag products that you post on your social media and then have that tag lead to your store. Here is how to implement it for Facebook and Instagram.

MARKETING
For you, I’d recommend creating videos of the content you are creating for your blog. You can do short 30 second to 1 minute videos for TikTok, IG Reels, Facebook. You can also do longer videos and post them on YouTube or Facebook. As for the platforms, right now I personally suggest TikTok & YouTube. You are going to grow way faster on TikTok right now than you could on IG Reels or Facebook.
When you do content marketing it’s a double fold success for you because not only can you earn on the platforms themselves (ie. with YouTube you can get adsense, add affiliate links and do brand deals) but also you are driving traffic to your store and selling there as well. A good example of this in action is the Detail Geek. He has a service based vehicle detailing business and creates YouTube videos of himself detailing vehicles. He will mention products he is using and drive traffic to his online store AND he also earns AdSense money by allowing YouTube to place ads in his videos.
I think this could be good for you, hope you give it a go.

Locally, you can advertise by joining local community groups, Facebook buy & sell pages, joining online trade shows (and in person when you are able).
Make sure to include a business card with every purchase that includes an incentive (such as a percentage off) for their next online purchase. This encourages people to purchase through your online store and that way the next time someone comments on a product you’ve made, they can refer them to your website that they now know you have.

Here is a video on how to create discount codes:

You could also offer incentives such as free local delivery:

If delivery is not an option, or if you want to offer two things, you could offer local pickup as well:

I will leave it at that for now but if you would like to talk to us 1-1, we offer sessions where we take a look at your store, identify the greatest issues holding you back, then provide solutions and advice. You can email us at ecomgeeksco@gmail.com for more information.

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

Join our new Facebook Group for Shopify Dropshippers! Winning products, dropshipping advice & more!

Website | Email | YouTube | TikTok | Facebook

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3749 215 670

@Leigh6,

I hope you are doing well! Have you implemented the suggestions and found the solution? 

Did you get a chance to try the app AiTrillion? If you need help with setting up the features, I will be happy to help.

Looking forward to your reply!

Thanks

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes