Feedback on my store please! 😁 https://www.shopstylessa.com

Solved
Stylessa
2 0 1

Hi everyone, i have a new Women's Clothing store called Stylessa Boutique (shopstylessa.com) it is a Women's clothing store for women of all ages, shapes and sizes at affordable prices. I have only been open for about 2 weeks and traffic is ok due to Pinterest, and Weheart it. I know my store is still new and I'm not really experienced in e-commerce, so I would really appreciate some HONEST feedback on my store. Thanks alot, can't wait to hear what you guys have to say!

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
812 27 273

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, Stylessa!

Aria here, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Your store is looking great. I do have a few minor suggestions for you though.

Your announcement bar is difficult to read. I would consider changing the font on that to make it stand out more:

Your drop-down menus are small and also difficult to read as a result. If any of your customers have vision issues, they will really struggle.

Keep the information on your product pages relevant. If you're selling an adult skirt, you don't need a children's size chart on that page. You don't want to overwhelm your customers with information they don't need.

This dress is really cute on the homepage but the variants are not clickable. Not sure what is going on there:

I would remove your email address from the footer. There are bots that crawl websites looking for email addresses so they can spam you. I see you have a contact form. That's a lot better anyway. I'd put your phone number on the same page as the contact form and ideally, you should have a physical address or mailing address on there to make your store look less anonymous. It can help build trust with your customers if they can see where you are.

Make sure you build up your social media following. It will give you an audience to market to and provide social proof. Pinterest is a great long-term marketing tool and Twitter is great for building a community around a brand. I would have gone with Instagram over Twitter since your product is so visual. You can also sell things directly on Instagram using our Instagram Channel.

What sort of plans do you have for your marketing?

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

neha-sparq
Shopify Partner
1957 124 434

Hey Stylessa Boutique,

Pay attention to the below mentioned points for better store optimization:

• There is a lot of "empty white space" on the header top.
  • You can eliminate it by shifting the "logo" alongwith the "header menu" and "hero banner" slightly upwards to cover the gap. 
  • Use a "dropdown menu" instead of the "horizontal header menu", which looks clumsy due to a lot of elements placed in it.
  •  You can also install one of the most popular app Growwave which is all in one marketing platform that helps store owners increase conversions with ease.
  • Filters are very important for customers in order to identify the correct product from the huge catalog. So, you should look for advanced filter options for your store.
  • Finally, I would also recommend you to try Sparq product filters and search to replace the default search on your store, this app allows advanced custom tag product filters for collection pages, synonyms, spelling correction, and other such features. Visitors with the search are high intent users and their conversion rate is higher than normal users.
    Check out the features live here

I hope it helps.

Neha :)

Sparq is a fast and beautiful product filter and search solution for Shopify store owners. It allows store owners to add a custom tag, metadata, or variant based filters on their collection page and upgrade their default search to an extremely fast, more user-friendly and feature-rich search.
MansionEcom
Shopify Partner
398 33 125

Hello @Stylessa,

Congratulations on your new store. I've some suggestions for improvement. 

1. There is a lot of blank space around the logo. 

2. Your store's header menu is not looking professional. The menu items are not easily visible and look clumpsy. Organize as sub-menus.

3. The font which you've used for Menu, Sort By dropdown etc and some more other sections is not looking good.  It will look better if you change the font.

4. You can add testimonials on the home page to make the store look more professional.

5. A FAQ would be useful!

6. Use the same font for the whole website. 

7. Change the Home page in the footer to Home and add in the beginning (above Search )

8. Add About Us page which is a reflection of the purpose and personality of the business.

9. Add the section for email Newsletter in the footer instead of adding in Home page only.

10. Add more specific product title/url in product pages.
Creating the perfect SEO product title/url can help the search engine understand exactly what it is you are selling and drive more traffic to your site. So try to keep the product title/url unique and more specific.

11. Create a Facebook account for your store. Having a Facebook Store is a great way to grow your business, allowing you to tap into new audiences and gain more customers.

Before you think of ranking you should ensure your pages are found (indexed by Google). To get in front, and stay in front needs regular feeds to Google and Bing. We created flare to deliver search engine feeds on a regular basis without taking your time. flare automatically detects site changes and verifiably informs major search engines like Google & Bing. You can get your free Google Index Score through flare. Plus! Only flare can submit individual URLs to Google & Bing, allowing your prioritized pages to be indexed first and fast.

Hope this was helpful!
Jeena

https://MansionEcommerce.com
https://apps.shopify.com/partners/mansion-ecommerce
Driving the next decade of eCommerce
Aizada
Shopify Partner
385 34 156

Hi @Stylessa 

I love your store. It is very welcoming and simple. For having it up only for two weeks you have a great variety of products, and there is no shortage in information. 

I recommend working a little more on the design, since it is a women clothing store, and we women appreciate the aesthetics a lot.

-I recommend inserting a nice high quality image on the hero banner placeholder, change the font to something more simple and increase the size of the texts.

-Add images that will inspire and push your potential customer to purchase something.

-Use more colors on your site. Just because your logo is black and white, it does not mean you cannot incorporate more of that baby blue you have used a couple of times. Choose between that blue or pink on the product image background and stick to it. I recommend blue because pink is a common color used on most of the clothing boutiques. 

-Increase the contrast of the image you are using for categories on your homepage. Right now it looks blurry and exposed. (that might be on my monitor only though)

I can keep rumbling about small details, but if you get the point I am sure you can easily improve it yourself how your heart desires. 

Another thing that I recommend paying attention to is the functionality of your app. I see that you already have a Wishlist app. However, here are some more thing that will help your site more convenient to browse in:

-Write product descriptions. They not only affect SEO but also help customers make choices. 

-Use better product images

-Add a page with sizing chart and link it on the product pages 

-Allow zooming into the images, to see the fabric and smaller details 

-Implement an opportunity to log in and sign up using Social Media account. We all have accounts at least in one social media. And if I have an opportunity to create an account just with one click, I will do it. having an easier way to Sign in will help you gather customer base. The most valuable thing for a company is the customer

-90% of people read reviews before purchasing an item. I personally do not read the description too much, I go straight on to the reviews section because that is social proof. In my opinion that is essential of every site. I highly recommend (almost insist) and adding that feature on your site.

For adding some of the functions above you can use several apps. However, if you want to get all of them at once just with a couple of clicks, try  GrowaveWe have 6 great features -Reviews, Wishlist, Rewards, Social Login, Instagram, Discounts etc. There is a free plan available also.

Hopefully, I managed to help you. If so, please let me know by liking this post. 

Take care and stay healthy <3

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that has
- Visual Reviews with automated emails
- Loyalty&Rewards
- Wishlist
- Instagram
- Social Sharing + more 

Increase conversions with ease here

Hello @Stylessa ,

I just had a look at your store, your store looks great. I have a few suggestions for you hope they might help you. 

• The header on your home page has a lot of white space, try reducing the white space on the header it looks really good.
  • There is no  “about us” section. Try adding that so that customers will get to know more about your brand.
  • Also, try adding SEO related high search keywords in your title and product description so that it will be very easy to market your products and display them at the top in google search.
  • Try adding some sale offers to your products to attract customers.

I hope our feedback helps you. 

Thanks,

Droppersstop   

Droppersstop is an aliexpress dropshipping app that imports products from aliexpress to your Shopify store.The following are the features of droppersstop:-
Free plan available, Importing products from aliexpress individually, Bulk importing from aliexpress, Pricing automation, Inventory price and stock auto-update, Product customization, Automated order fulfillment.
Stylessa
2 0 1

Hi Aria,

Thank you so much on your feedback on my store, I really appreciate your honesty, and I am definitely going to make the changes that you suggested! Will give update post, again thank you!

Sajay
Shopify Partner
140 16 47

Hey @Stylessa 

Welcome to the Shopify family, and congratulations on your store.

Your store looks pretty great on the first look, good job. I have a few observations to add:

1. There are too many products on your home page. If you overwhelm the user with too much alien info/ too many choices, they will most likely drop out. Show a few featured products on the homepage maybe your bestsellers an your new arrivals. Show everything else on the products page. 
  2. Add an “About Us” page. When a new user lands on your website, they will be looking for signs of trustworthiness. A good, personal about us page makes your brand stand out and connect with users.
  3. The first fold, as soon as I land, doesn’t tell me anything about what you sell. Even after watching the entire video, I could only find out what you actually sell by scrolling down. Consider updating the copy + images in the first fold. Be clear about who you are and what you’re selling, and why someone should buy from you.
  4. You need to guide users to the right products. Here’s what I mean: When visitors come browsing in your store, they usually look for clues for which product they should buy. Think about when you shop online on amazon. How do you select a specific product?
    You look at reviews, what other people are saying. So adding reviews to products would be a good option. 
  5. The 2nd way is you look for the “bestseller” or “lightning deal” labels on the products. You can use these kinds of product labels on your products to guide users towards specific products. They make specific products stand out and help in decision making. Apps like Modemagic can help apply labels to your product images for free. Not only just for “bestseller”, but you can also apply labels like “selling out” or “sale” to increase the #Fomo in users. The feeling that they’re missing out is a strong drive for people to buy.
  6. Maybe you can add more details to your product listing. For example what kind of clothing can this item be paired with, how it is to touch and feel.  This is the only interaction users will have it, they can’t touch it and see, so be sure to add as many details as possible. A bad product listing is the #1 users don’t convert.

I hope this advice helps out. Hoping for more sales in your store!

Cheers.

If you found this helpful then please Like and Accept Solution

ModeMagic | Product badges and labels to boost conversions
Featured on Shopify Staff Picks
0 Likes