Feedback on my store please

Solved
pyratgaming
1 0 0

Hello everyone! I just started my online gaming shop a week ago. Initially, I only had five unrelated products. Since then I've condensed things down to a more specific genre of buyer. I'm advertising on Facebook and Instagram. I'm averaging about 30-60 visitors a day, but time on my website is averaging around 40 seconds. I've had one sale, and zero abandoned carts. I'm looking for feedback as to what I can do better/differently to get more conversions. My store is pyratgaming.com

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Cheers,

Jason

0 Likes
EcomGeeks
Shopify Partner
783 98 252

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @pyratgaming,

You've got the right idea with serving a specific niche down, well done! I've taken a look through your store and I have a few suggestions.

First, I would adjust your navigation menu. Remove the Shop All link and move the affiliate program link to the footer area. I would then take the links you have under "Browse" and add them as their own individual links. The reason being is immediately your visitors will see the category they are looking for and know you have what they need. 

screencapture-pyratgaming-collections-webcam-2021-04-12-10_08_01.png

Next, the photos you have behind your page titles, make sure these images are not blurry, it makes your store look unprofessional. You get blurry photos when you try and upload an image that is too small for your area - it gets stretched out and then you loose the quality. You can find great free stock quality photos from these places:

Next, make sure the products you are selling are not already commonly sold. Things like keyboards, headsets, webcams and etc. are all items that can be purchased in big box stores and purchased online through them or Amazon. When a person is searching for any of these types of items in Google, these big companies are who is showing up in search results and who you are competing with for customers. People with well known, well established brands with massive marketing budgets. That's not to say that your products fall into these categories, you may have unique products that aren't sold on Amazon, through Best Buy and etc., just something to research for each of your products. A good product choice should have these qualities:

1. High demand. Look for "problem fixing products".
  2. Not easily accessible. Look for products that are not available in stores or online through big retailers or Amazon.
  3. Popular. Look for trending products.
  4. Good profit margin. We recommend at least 3x what the product costs you.

We did a video on how to find winning products and also post a collection of winning products on our YouTube channel:

PS: If you decide to give Ecomhunt a try, here is our affiliate link: https://www.ecomhunt.com?afmc=2tp
Using our affiliate link does not cost you anything extra, it tells Ecomhunt we sent you and we may receive earnings for that referral.

I'd like to help with your store more so I'd invite you to join a free training we have coming up. We are going to go over why you get high traffic with no sales, spending on Ads with no return and visitors abandoning cart. We will help you develop a profitable ad strategy and learn how to generate free traffic, transform your Shopify store into a professional. trustworthy store that customers want to shop at and help you find winning products that people can’t wait to buy. Our free private Facebook training is happening on April 26 – 30, we will be going live every day at 1:00PM (EST). You can sign up here. Really hope you join us!

We hope our response was helpful, if it was, let us know by giving us a thumbs up and/or marking it as a solution!

Best of luck!

0 Likes
AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
3047 176 553

Hello Jason @pyratgaming, I hope you are doing well! Here are some ways to make your store even better and make people want to purchase:

- The home page should flow better. I would recommend setting it out like this. Slideshow Image- Collection List- Product Recommendations- Testimonials- Newsletter sign up box. 

- There should not be this much blank space in the header.

AiTrillion_0-1618387211671.png

- Some of the color swatches have no color.

AiTrillion_1-1618389299327.png

- Add social media links in the footer. 

Add a newsletter sign-up popup with a discount code to entice customers to sign up and get a discount code on their first purchase. This will help you to capture more email addresses so you can target them later on via email campaigns.

- Add web push notifications, it will help you to retarget your customers even when customers are not in your store without getting their email addresses. It also helps to reduce the abandoned cart rate.

- Make sure to use email marketing automation to reach your customers. Use triggers and workflows to automatically send messages to consumers after they take a specific action. When they sign up, automatically welcome email and thank you email is sent. This helps you to retarget your customers according to their buying behavior and browsing behavior & helps you to automate your store and eliminate lots of manual work.

Moreover, if you would like to implement the above customer engagement features/ marketing tools in your store I suggest you to install the 'All in one' Shopify app AiTrillion, a full-fledged marketing solution. It will help you to capture visitors coming to your store and will help in getting more conversions. 

Hope this helps!

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes